“Great hotel”
Review of Mode Sathorn Hotel

Mode Sathorn Hotel
Ranked #135 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel,great staff and great service I have ever stay.Everything excellent,I want to say thank you specialy with the staff for helping me make the suprise for my wife,warmly and beautifully.I will stay here again when I come back bangkok,it's surely...Thank you again...

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 9, 2013

First impression of the hotel is great, trendy modern design and just right outside Surasak BTS. Upon arrival, staff was very friendly and the check in experience was pleasant.

Sadly, my experience went downhill from there. The room I was given (room 1903) looked nothing like the ones from the website for its class. I was expecting that it should since it is a brand new hotel afterall. The main downside though was that the room was L Shape and much smaller than others in the same class, so I guess it really depends on your luck whether you get to be given the bigger spacious rooms or the smaller rooms.

My magnetic room card didn't work 3x in 3 days consecutively. When i went back to the lobby to get a new card issued, I was told to keep it away from my mobile phone. When I asked if anyone else was facing this issue, I was told none. So either there's something wrong with the card reader, the card, or I'm the only one that keeps my room card near my mobile phone.

After staying 2 days, the ceiling started leaking water into the bathtub. It's not a big deal since I don't plan to use the bathtub much but still, it is unpleasant.

Finally, I was woken up a few times in the morning around 9am by loud constant drilling and hammering that was coming from the room above, it didn't help that the walls are very hollow.

Pity my stay wasn't as I had hoped for. I had high hopes considering it's a brand new hotel. For my next trip to Bangkok, I'll be sticking back with some of the usual ones.There are plenty of other hotels that are conveniently located with much bigger rooms for the same price. Thai hospitality is top notch regardless so I don't think I'll be missing much by not choosing Mode Sathorn for my next trip.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank gaothebao
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the 26th floor suite. Spacious and they play with lighting. Everything in the hotel is pink and purple :) BTS literally at your doorstep (surasak station) highly recommended. The hotel is generally dark.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Piggiezmanda
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in this hotel, the rooms are beautiful, the bathroom is huge, same size as the room. The staff is very nice and helpful.the swimming pool and pool area is very pleasant. The only thing is that the hotel was still under construction and several things wren't ready yet, I believe that the prices are going up when everything is done.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a stop over in bangkok for 2 days, this hotel was perfect for me, my husband and our one year old, we had a twin room, it was large very comfortable. The baby cot was great and our little one slept perfectly. You can block out the light as the curtains close and there is lights which have settings such as night mode. The bath was super relaxing. Great for a family and I would definitely stay again. Close to surasak skytrain station as well.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here two nights while visiting Bangkok in July. We chose this hotel because if it's great value, location and reviews. I must say I was not disappointed in the least. The price for the room was amazing, and probably lower than normal due to some renovation going on. However, we didn't once notice any inconvenience due to construction. A list of pros and cons:
Pros
1- Location! About 100 steps to the air train station (Surasak)! This made the hotel so convenient and safe knowing we didn't have to walk through some sketchy streets to reach our hotel. During the day we also walked the few blocks to the river and took the water taxi to Wat Arun. We also only had a two block walk to the Myanmar embassy to get our visa. We could not have found a better location.
2- The cleanliness of the room was great! We got a clean, new room with an incredible bathroom that was the size of the bedroom! This place was so nice and so clean and for the price we paid we expected worse. This was a top-notch place.
3- The service was outstanding! Everyone was friendly and helpful and always seemed to know our names.
4- This hotel for what price?!?!?! Too good to be true! But it is.
Cons
1- This is a stretch because we were not disappointed. The bar closes early, perhaps just in the off season. And we could get to the top floor bar. Oh well.
2- Elevator is small (I know this is the best I could come up with!)
3- Breakfast is not included - but most of the higher-end hotels don't include breakfast. So go buy your own breakfast on the street of $1.

Love this place. When I return I will stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Banshee123
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed here on one of the 50pc off flash deals, paying £57 a night for a room and service worth easily three time that.
It was amazing, The service was flawless, the staff were so friendly and could not do any more to help. I actually stayed here twice. Once before I headed off on a backpacking trip - staying in some rather less luxurious places (!) and one night as a final splurge before heading home.
I slept so deeply in the really comfortable beds, the rooms are spotlessly clean - although that goes without saying. The views from the windows over Bangkok are amazing.
The roof top pool is great as is the wifi. Breakfast wasn't included but they give you free drinks cards and you get a delicious smoothy to take away which was really enough for me.
It is also right next to the BTS so you feel really safe coming back in the evenings.
The hotel isn't quite finished so the spa and some of the bars were not open when I visited but that's probably why it was so cheap. However other than this, you would have had no idea work was still taking place on the hotel. You can easily go for a massage in loads of nice and cheaper places near by if need be. All in all this is possibly the best value place I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Go for one of the flash deals. At full price the hotel is probably still good value but be aware it...