“A lovely Middle Eastern restaurant neatly hidden in the heart of Bangkok”

Arabesque Restaurant
Ranked #3,906 of 11,383 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Egyptian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I visited here with two friends after we decided that we wanted some Middle Eastern grub near to where we were staying. After reading some reviews on the Internet we decided to give this one a try. We had a lovely experience.

I ordered a mixed grill of kebabs, one of my friends ordered duck and the other ordered a mezze platter. Some of the portions were pretty big is so sharing is a nice idea.The mezze platter was delicious mix of dips with a salad along the addition of fresh warm pitta bread. The duck was wonderfully flavoured as were the kebabs, the shesh kebab was particularly good. The meals were light, well flavoured and very delicious.

The decor was lovely, my friends were particularly interested in the middle eastern inspired doors and windows. The staff were welcoming and friendly even the owner dropped by to say hello and was a very pleasant man. He did a good job at trying to sell us some dessert but unfortunately we were pretty full up with all the food.

Overall it was a wonderful experience and if you are looking for a good Egyptian restaurant then I would definitely recommend this place.

1  Thank Jessica D
ArabesqueRestaurant, Owner at Arabesque Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

thank you dear for your lovely review and honest comments
there is a missunderstanding about selling desert, I think you did not hear me i said try it as its signature and it is my treat to you , when you said you full I gave instead a discount :-)
hope to see you again
cheers

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We tried this restaurant on the recommendation of a friend. I thought the starters were good, but the mains were indifferent. The staff were attentive and the service was OK. The menus prices were above average cost for Bangkok and given it's out of the way location in my view not worth it.

I would probably not choose to eat there again

ArabesqueRestaurant, Owner at Arabesque Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

we appreciate your review
sorry you find our Restaurant not up to your expectation specially we were recommended by your friend.
for prices we are average compared with all simillar restaurants specially we import all our ingredients.
hope we see you again.

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I lived in Cairo for 3 years and had molokheya a thousand times and this had nothing to do with molokheya! The rest of the dishes we ordered were semi-bad, except the koshari which was ok. Overprized. Not worth the money at all.. The food was ordered though Food by Fone. As I am writing this, my children left the dinner table and my husband is ordering in room dining at the hotel we're staying. :)

Very Sorry for your unhappy experience
Not sure what happened specially as i understand it was delivery order specially the item you mentioned is one of our very popular items and always gets good feed back.
please allow me to appologize and if you still in BKK to host you for another Molokhyah Expeience in our restaurant and I am sure you will like it this time.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We decided to visit after reading trip advisor reviews and we were not disappointed.

It is quite a way down soi 2 and quite dark so for some people it might be a bit scary. Once near the gates the owner / staff encouraged us in or we cold sit outside. It was too hot so we went for the comfort of air con.

The waiting staff seemed very shy but nice. We ordered a tagine, some koftas , some hummus and bread. I asked whether we needed any more and the manager said no. He was right ! The portions were good.

The bread with the hummus was absolutely fantastic. As was the whole meal. It wasn't cheap but it was well worth the visit and we will be going back. We recommended it to some friends and they were equally impressed. We will be back !

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We went for dinner looking for a break from Thai food and were very surprised by the quality and selection. We've been to egypt and eat middle eastern cuisine regularly and really loved every dish. Portions are big too (by Asian standards) so be sure to share. The meze is very fresh. Sit outdoors if you can to enjoy a more relaxed vibe.