“Great barscene and”

Ranked #65 of 11,055 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Japanese, Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Above Eleven is a rooftop restaurant & bar on the 33rd floor of the Fraser Suites Sukhumvit in Sukhumvit’s pulsating Soi 11 offering magnificent views of Bangkok's skyline. Above Eleven is the first restaurant in Bangkok serving Japanese Peruvian cuisine. Peruvian food has been generating enormous publicity over the past few years and is currently regarded as one of the top food trends in the culinary circuit. The venue has received raving review since its opening in April 2012. Diana Hubbell of Masala magazine referred to Above Eleven as "Bangkok's next big thing." Debbie Yong's review of Above Eleven in the Singapore Business Times hoped Above Eleven "Sets its eyes on Singapore next." Advanced reservations recommended. Reservation Hotline is available daily from 10am onwards.
“Great barscene and”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Great place! I will keep coming back. Service is nice, you will see the ladies running around for you. They attentive and nice, and care if you have a nice time. Prices are really affordable too, however the food is not my thing, my friend say otherwise. Fair enough.

• Visited March 2013
Dear Foodforthought,

Thank you for words, on your next visit, please let us guide you through Above Eleven's menu: we have several types of dishes for all taste, I will be delighted to help you to choose according to your taste buds. Thank you very much

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing views and staff!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Wife and I enjoyed a fantastic evening at Above Eleven. Drinks were well priced considering the spectacular city view offered from 33 floors above the city. Staff was very friendly and the manager Jean Y was very welcoming and went above and beyond to ensure we were taken care of. We got a great corner seat to enjoy the Bangkok skyline. Music could have been better. Would recommend to anyone looking for a nice night out for drinks and a city view.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Ricardo S
Dear Ricardo S,

Thank you very much indeed for your kind words, we appreciate your kind comments which encourage us to develop and maintain our service standards. Above Eleven hosts Salsa Latin nights every Wednesdays, Live Jazz on Thursdays, Hip Hop Old School on Fridays and Eighties on Saturdays, the other nights requests are welcome to adapt music to guests' tastes.
Look forward welcoming you back soon.
Guangzhou, China
“Could have been better...”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Well, clearly one of the great rooftop bars and restaurants and better than many others, however it could have been so much better.

My first visit a few days ago, I was not even allowed to stay, the moment I sat down at 5.50pm in the afternoon when the bar was empty, I was asked to leave because my open toe leather sandals were not acceptable... so tip if you plan to go... make sure you wear pants and closed shoes...

I must say, the view is great, and I went back 2 days later, and service is good, food is good and fast, drinks are cold, so definetly worth a look.

I say 'Could have been better' beacuse I think they are not fully alighned for customer service yet... As I said, I was not allowed to stay on my first visit, yet when I returned, several other guys wearing cheap jeans/shorts and sand shoes... not a great look, but dress shirt, shorts and leather sandals are not good enough... I suggest they review their dress code.

Secondly when I was kicked out, I immediately attrcated the managers attention to escort me 'out'... was done politely... however upon my return and after spenfding Thai Baht 8000 over a couple of hours, no one came to chek on my friend and I, nor bid us a farewell or thanks... A pity that their service falls to this level.

However, I will return, good place for a sunset drink!

• Visited May 2013
Dear Chris R,

Thank you for your review, Above Eleven has enforced a strict dress code which doesn't allow gentlemen with any kind of open shoes, and sleeveless T-shirts in order to comply with International Dining Standards, we accept shorts as Thailand's a hot country.
I agree with your statement and apologize as no one bid farewell upon your departure, this is not the standard we wish to offer. Please contact me directly on your next visit to make sure this doesn't happen again: jean.yves@aboveeleven.com
Kindly,
Bangkok, Thailand
“great atmosphere and mostly good drinks”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The atmosphere is really good. The views from the 30somethingths floor are beautiful.
We told of a strict dress code - no shorts, flip-flops or tank-tops. This is supposed to weedle out the backpackers from the crowd. It was mostly effective.
Our group of 8 reserved a table, luckily, as the place filled up with a friendly crowd. Most drinks were good. Tonic with the gin is flat. Cocktails and beer are the best bet.
Drinks took a while to get to our table so we ordered our next round when the first round arrived.

• Visited April 2013
Jean Y, Manager at Above Eleven, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Patinbkk,

Dress code applies on Gentlemen, no sleeveless tee-shirts, and any kind of open shoes are permitted, shorts are fine.
I will remind our bartenders to open fresh can of mixers as flat tonic is unacceptable, you should have informed me and I would have had it changed.
Sorry about this, hope to welcome you back Above Eleven soon.
Brisbane, Australia
“Best restaurant for Coeliacs in Bangkok”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Fantastic restaurant. I'm a coeliac when traveling I find it difficult to find food which tastes great and is gluten free, once I advised the staff, the Peruvian chef was ushered to our table to explain all the options. The manager/owner then showed us photographs of the cuisine on an ipad and also talked us through the menu. The food was delicious and far exceeded our expectations. The food and drinks were reasonably priced. Now the most enjoyable part of the evening was the magnificent view and most amazing sunset (as good as Western Australia). The cool breeze blowing was a welcome relief to the heat and humidity experienced in the street below. Thank you we will come again with our friend who resides in Bangkok.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank JulieDrieu
Jean Y, Manager at Above Eleven, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear JulieDrieu,

Thank you very much indeed for your kind comments, it was our great pleasure to welcome and take care of you. Our Chef Omar has several options when it comes to special dietary requests, and he is the definitely the best person to talk to for menu preparation. Thank you Julie, look forward welcoming you back in the near future.