“Great view”

Ranked #66 of 10,966 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Japanese, Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Above Eleven is a rooftop restaurant & bar on the 33rd floor of the Fraser Suites Sukhumvit in Sukhumvit’s pulsating Soi 11 offering magnificent views of Bangkok's skyline. Above Eleven is the first restaurant in Bangkok serving Japanese Peruvian cuisine. Peruvian food has been generating enormous publicity over the past few years and is currently regarded as one of the top food trends in the culinary circuit. The venue has received raving review since its opening in April 2012. Diana Hubbell of Masala magazine referred to Above Eleven as "Bangkok's next big thing." Debbie Yong's review of Above Eleven in the Singapore Business Times hoped Above Eleven "Sets its eyes on Singapore next." Advanced reservations recommended. Reservation Hotline is available daily from 10am onwards.
London, United Kingdom
“Great view”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The views are great, the seating really uncomfortable, the food not as good as I expected and it's quite pricey. We probably wouldn't return as there are lots of roof top bars which are better.

Jean Y, Manager at Above Eleven, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Susie118,

That's very kind of you to take time to write this review, I am sad that we were unable to seduce you, we actually offer three types of seating, restaurant tables for the diners who wish to enjoy their meal on a regular restaurant table, lower lounge tables complemented with comfortable couch and cushions for a less formal dinner amongst friends, and our higher cocktail tables with stool for the ones who like tasting with sensations right by the building edge, over 100 meters Above soi Eleven. The cuisine is typical Nikkei, (as the Chef is...) the Japanese-Peruvian fusion, maybe you were not properly lead through our extensive selection, there are flavours for everyone, from sweet to spicy, all in different textures, plus the typical sushis. If you decide to give us one more chance, please contact me directly, I'll be very happy if I can assist and ultimately change your opinion on Above Eleven's cuisine.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
bangkok
“Great rooftop spot!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I found this place randomly and I'm so glad I did! Very professional and attentive staff. I wasn't expecting the food to be as good as it was. We loved it! PLus the view is beautiful. Probably my new favorite rooftop spot!

1 Thank kevbud7
Jean Y, Manager at Above Eleven, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Kevbud7,

Thank you very much for your few gentle words, we are really delighted to read you've appreciated our food, service and the spectacular view over Bangkok from Above Eleven which is definitely awesome...
All of us look forward welcoming you back soon!
dublin,ireland
“breathtaking views”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Everything is just fabulous: the food, the drinks, the atmosphere...was there for my birthday...totally loved it...wish we had the same here in Dublin

1 Thank dyatrofin
Jean Y, Manager at Above Eleven, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Dyatrophin,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback, so nice of you to visit us and celebrate your birthday here!
We are very pleased to learn you've loved Above Eleven!
Hope to welcome you back soon!
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“My favorite rooftop bar in Bangkok”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My favorite rooftop bar in Bangkok. I enjoy the view and the drinks here so much. I also like the bartender there, they are friendly. They also serve food here, Peru and Japanese food, you will not get disappointed.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Posh19
Jean Y, Manager at Above Eleven, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Posh19,

Thank you for your feedback which has been shared with Above Eleven team!
Looking forward to welcome you back soon.
Pattaya, Thailand
“Fabulous rooftop view of Bangkok skyline from Sukhumvit Soi 11”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I live in a condo on Soi 11, just a few steps away from Frazier Suites and the Above 11 bar/restaurant. I stopped by a few nights ago and had a couple glasses of their red house wine which was delicious. I did not eat dinner but I have talked to expats who love their food. The view was breathtaking from this rooftop bar. There are two levels with tables next to glass railings which provide the fabulous view. I recommend you make reservations for a table to provide the best views. All the tables were reserved so I sat the nicely appointed bar. The closest BTS skytrain station is Nana. Take the steps to the Soi 11 side of the station and then either take a taxi or tuk-tuk to Above 11. It is about a 15 minute walk from the station and probably to far to walk if you are not familiar with Soi 11. When you arrive at Frazier Suites, don't go inside the hotel (no elevator to the bar) but walk down to end of the driveway and take the Above 11 elevator to the 33rd floor.

2 Thank odennyo
Jean Y, Manager at Above Eleven, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Odennyo,

Thank you very much for writing a review and providing our readers a detailed description on how to reach us.
I will be delighted to help you with food menu selection on your future visit Above Eleven.
Kindly,