“Nice food and OK view”

Ranked #40 of 11,383 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Japanese, Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Above Eleven is a rooftop restaurant & bar on the 33rd floor of the Fraser Suites Sukhumvit in Sukhumvit’s pulsating Soi 11 offering magnificent views of Bangkok's skyline. Above Eleven is the first restaurant in Bangkok serving Japanese Peruvian cuisine. Peruvian food has been generating enormous publicity over the past few years and is currently regarded as one of the top food trends in the culinary circuit. The venue has received raving review since its opening in April 2012. Diana Hubbell of Masala magazine referred to Above Eleven as "Bangkok's next big thing." Debbie Yong's review of Above Eleven in the Singapore Business Times hoped Above Eleven "Sets its eyes on Singapore next." Advanced reservations recommended. Reservation Hotline is available daily from 10am onwards.
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We got here with our three children. The food was OK but we had expected better. On the other hand, it was not as expensive as you can expect at a place like this. The service was really great but the view was not that spectacular. In a town like this, the 33rd floor is not so high.

Jean Y, Manager at Above Eleven, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Enemalm,

Thank you for your feedback, and I am sorry to learn that our food menu left you somewhat disappointed. I will be glad if I can assist you in your menu selection on your next visit.
Sadly, concerning the view, there is not much I can do to improve it.
Looking forward to welcome you back,
Best regards

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Just suddenly after a great happy hours in Cheap Charlie, my new friend and old friend decided to walk to this wonderful restaurant located in Sukhumvit Soi 11, wish so far is one of my favorites streets in this huge city, as a Latino, I was not expecting Hispanic food in Bangkok, but it was a great surprise, when the drink menu arrived; and they have mojitos, pisco sour and Caipirinhas…of course we have all this selections, BTW the restaurant have a great view, usually place with great view don’t have good food, this was the exception, try the arroz con mariscos and the cordero seco, great choices, and for dessert the Piña Colada is a good liquid dessert, the cool part is that I got to speak and order in Spanish.

Bring your camera, dress nicely and be ready to get the second best views of Bangkok, price is relatively OK, not cheap but won’t break the bank.

1  Thank Chamariapa
Jean Y, Manager at Above Eleven, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear Chamariapa,

Thank you very much for taking time to write such a nice review, it has been shared with all staff and we're all so pleased and motivated by your words of encouragement.
We are glad we managed to offer this Latin touch to you and your friends, and hope to welcome you back very soon!
With Best regards,

Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

We have booked the table two days at front. We were one of the first guests in the restaurant and got the table in the center, without any view.
Thai personel seemed to be very stressed but kind. European tall lady, standing at the doors very rude.
Food ok... But just "OK".
Go to seven eleven, order some water, make few pictures, go down, cross the street and go to Zaks for great service and delicious meal.

2  Thank Jan M

Dear Jan M,

Thank you very much for your review.
I am sad that you felt so disappointed with our service and welcoming.
As mentioned in previous answers, due to its high popularity, Above Eleven gets fully booked on a weekly basis, therefore making it difficult to offer the "best views" tables to all our guests.
We get bookings as early as one week in advance for the "corner" tables, and unfortunately can't offer all our visitors those precious tables. (Especially on Wednesdays with Salsa Nights, and week-ends).
To palliate this kind of disappointment, I expressly asked all hostesses to provide all customers who book online with a table plan clearly showing table assignment to avoid dissatisfaction.
Would you wish to give us a second chance, please forward booking directly to jean.yves@aboveeleven.com one week in advance, and I'll make sure to offer you the best table Above Eleven!
With kind regards,

Reviewed February 5, 2013

An outdoor rooftop restaurant with a dress code. Book a table or you will not get a view. Corner tables are the best. Go for Happy Hour. Staff seemed a bit cool and stressed. Too be fair, it was crowded. I wanted to try the Peruvian food, but the staff was not able to explain it well. Just telling me it is all good is not acceptable; especially since the prices are not cheap. Ended up paying over $12 for some rather bland sushi. Might go again, but will have to do some research ahead of time to figure out the food menu.

Jean Y, Manager at Above Eleven, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Degas1889,

thank you very much for your review, our Happy Hour is running from Sundays to Thursdays 18h-20h.
I am sad that to know the staff were unable to give a detailed description of our Peruvian-Japanese cuisine, and I would have been more than happy to come and recommend it to you.
our Sushi Chefs have been trained in Japan, and have worked in some famous Japanese restaurants, we usually get good comments on the sushis, and I wonder which was the one you ate.
Dear Degas1889, on your next visit Above Eleven, I will be delighted to assist you on your food selection.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I knew about this restaurant, having been highly recommended, and was 'keeping it' for a special occasion. Peruvian - Japanese fusion cuisine at is absolute best!! Vegetarian friendly. Stunning skyline views of Bangkok from an outdoor rooftop restaurant, though I wonder how they cope when it rains. European upper-end prices, making it the kind of place I could only go to rarely. Loud music on a not great sound system was intrusive more than annoying. Special occasion, on balance, very well served. And, yes, despite reservation, could definitely return.

Jean Y, Manager at Above Eleven, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear frankmcmullan,

Many thanks for taking time to share your feedback with us.
Between appetizers, sushis, tempuras, anticuchos, makis and main courses, Above Eleven offers not less than fifteen vegetarian alternatives for the ones who do not wish to eat meat.
Pricewise, Above Eleven is still the cheapest rooftop venue in Bangkok.
We have adjusted our sound system for guests' pleasure, however, would it be too loud, we can always reduce the volume.
Thank you again, hope to welcome you back soon.