“Great place, careful with the boats!”

Temple of Dawn (Wat Arun)
Book In Advance
$79.10*
Bangkok Canals Cruise including Grand Palace and Wat Arun
Ranked #11 of 592 things to do in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: This temple is considered to be the most famous and photographed temple in Bangkok, which features a soaring 70-meter-high spire decorated with tiny pieces of colored glass and Chinese porcelain.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

First I will warn you about getting here, find the main ferry in between the grand palace and wat po this costs only 3bhat. We were struggling to find this so a helpful tuktuk man took us to a different peir where we were sold a river boat trip including floating market for 900bhat, this would have been ok except the boat went for half an hour and the market was one woman in a boat! Oh well we all get ripped off in bangkok!

The temple itself is definitely worth the visit! Only 50bhat entry and the climb up the steep steps gives great views over the river and bangkok. I would recommend going before it gets to hot as we were boiling and fed up by the time we left!

1  Thank Dixie-van
Write a ReviewReviews (15,653)

Reviewed July 21, 2014

To get there we took sky rail to S6, 37 baht then ferry to stop 8, 40 baht. Ladies where long pants or skirt and cover your shoulders or you will have to hire clothing at entrance. 50 baht entrance fee. Take your camera and were comfortable shoes for the steep steps you will climb to get amazing views.

1  Thank Kerrie J
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Got there yes. BUT when I saw all them stair to climb, steep steep that was a no no for me. It look like a struggle watching the people struggle up, I guess half of them must have given up and never reach the top for sure. And if you dont like heights like me just stand back and admire.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

History and cultural enthusiasts heaven! Word of advice, get transport direct as it's a little out of the way from everything else. We decided to do our usual transport to general location and then walk rest of way.

As with any Buddhist site please be culturally respectful and aware and cover up . This means both males and females,.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I had a chance to visit the temple both day and night time. During the day I visited by public boat which it's incredible cheap. If you chose to go with join tour, it's expensive. In a day time I claimbed up to the top and found out that each step was steep and shot, so I was wondering about how tall Thai people were. During the night it's more impressive, because there're lighting and it's totally beautiful. Would recommend!!!

Been to Temple of Dawn (Wat Arun)? Share your experiences!