“Stunning View”

Temple of Dawn (Wat Arun)
Book In Advance
$76.59*
Bangkok Canals Cruise including Grand Palace and Wat Arun
Ranked #12 of 581 things to do in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: This temple is considered to be the most famous and photographed temple in Bangkok, which features a soaring 70-meter-high spire decorated with tiny pieces of colored glass and Chinese porcelain.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 11, 2013

If I say that this Sun Temple changes its hue by tick of the clock, I will not be wrong. It is one of my favorites and I have spent hours taking its pictures. Every time I go to Bangkok, I make it a point to either visit the temple during daytime and in case I miss that I take a dinner cruise to view it in all its grandeur by the night. The sight is not to be missed!

1  Thank Ranjan_K_Singh

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great views from the steep but short climb up and well worth the 50 Baht entry fee to get up close to this amazing and iconic structure. Take a marker pen to write on the gold material put there for that purpose. From the river boats get off at pier 8 and get a separate ferry across the river for 3 Baht.

1  Thank Kernowchris
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We planned our visit to Wat Arun at sunset. We took one of the many boats available to the pier across from the temple. There was a little park adjacent to the pier that we were able to sit and wait for the temple to be lit up. It really is very pretty at night. In the daytime, it's a little dull to look at, however, we didn't get close to walk up the stairs. Worth seeing!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I feel the history and dignity of the Kingdom of Thailand, and I feel nostalgic for something, but a heart is cleansed when I put the body in the solemn space.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Worth a visit but plan for only an hour or two.Very interesting watching the monks.
Climb up temple very steep and dodgy.
Amazing buildings,very attractive and tranquil.Went during the day,but I'm sure it looks spectacular lit up at night.

Been to Temple of Dawn (Wat Arun)? Share your experiences!