“Loved the Baiyoke Balkony”
Review of Baiyoke Balcony

Baiyoke Balcony
Ranked #585 of 11,958 Restaurants in Bangkok
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Loved this place close to where we stayed, had drinks here met fellow Aussies and exchanged places to visit and not to visit. great place to meet, everyone Friendly had lots of Laughs.very nice Indeed.

1  Thank Tilly34Adelaide

Reviewed May 16, 2014

After reading some bad reviews about the buffet, we decided to go only for the drinks at Bangkok Balcony. It was very deserted that time (~10pm) and there were only us on the open air balcony. The drink selection is basic and price is okay (THB100-400). The view from level 81 is just breathtaking, and it's open air so even better view than the observation deck in level 83 & 84. This is one of the great bar experience you can try when being in Bangkok.

2  Thank AkPham
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We visited the tower in the day and enjoyed the tour for 300 Baht, which included a walk around the upper floors, the cool revolving sky deck and a beer. When we saw the posters for the cool looking sky restaurant (glowing neon tables and chairs and a magnificent view of the city at night) we decided to look into it. So we asked the employees at the info desk for the price and were told 1000 per person for buffet on the balcony which was expensive for us, coming from SA, but we thought it was worth the experience and great view so we persuaded the rest of our party to have dinner there. When we got there, we were told that the price was actually 1300. (our experience was much like Gardencityoz describes below) When we said that we were told earlier it was 1000, the employees just exchanged smug smiles. It felt like we were being lied to and ripped off. So, for 1000 Baht we were not allowed to sit on the balcony, and were given a seat inside where we didn't get much of a view at all. There was no effort to create an inviting or unique atmosphere inside. The table cloths were a gross yellow and looked old. There weren't even candles on the tables to create an atmosphere. Very average, like any plain old diner. It was all very basic and thrown together with no effort in presentation. It was more like a school canteen than a buffet. The food was so disappointing. There is a massive selection but it mostly looked unappetizing. I'm not a fussy eater at all; I will eat almost anything, but I draw the line at prawns that haven't been properly cleaned and de-veined - that can be poisonous! So a lot of us dished up food which, on closer inspection we decided not to eat because it looked suspect - especially the prawns with the veins still in! Such poor food preparation is a downright waste of a delicacy like prawns. Depressing. Also, the hot food wasn't kept very hot. Unappetising and unsafe. Out of the big selection, we were all able to find something to eat, but it was average at best. The highest praise I can give is "nobody got sick". We went for the view, which we were denied; we were lied to about the price, the atmosphere was not as advertised, we saw no sign of the 'night market' they advertised and we felt that we were ripped off. It was hideously overpriced for what we got. Although it has outdoor seating and a view, we didn't get either. We would have a way better time at our hotel restaurant for a quarter of the price. To be honest, a kebab from on a street vendor might have been better!

5  Thank Lindsay W
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We went here for our last night in Bangkok. We were advised that the Crystal restaurant wasn't available and were offered this one. The staff selling us the ticket to the buffet pointed at the poster (of a lovely outdoor dining experience) and said how much it was. We decided to go for it even though we thought it was a tad expensive and once we go up to the floor, we were taken to an indoor table with no view. We said we would like an outdoor table and they said it would be almost twice the price. We said 'no thats ok, can we just get a refund and we will go somewhere else?' NOPE, no refund, not even entertaining the idea. We were sent back to the ticket counter where we again asked for a refund and we were , again, refused. They then called security on us and I left my sister to talk to the manager who wouldn't even leave his desk. He didn't even listen to me, he told me that because we rode the elevator up to the restaurant (and stayed all of 30 seconds) we would not be given a refund for the THB1440 paid for a dinner that we didn't eat and they had closed the restaurant so we couldn't even change our minds! The manager and staff were so rude, talking blatantly about my sister in front of her and the manager just didn't listen and fiddled with his computer, completely ignoring me until I gave up. I was appalled by the behaviour of the staff. This is the worst experience I have ever had in my many visits to Thailand. Rant over...

7  Thank gardencityoz
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We ate the buffé here on our last night in Bangkok. Both the food and the view was worth it.
But book a table ahead to be sure to get a table outside on the balcony.

1  Thank TheGlennFather