“Overprized & overrated”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Asoke
Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

I've just have dined (a few minutes ago).
I went to the local following the wonderful comments here.
The apetizer were absolutely tasteless, only the sauce makes them a little better... I've eat nonames much better for a quarter price in Thailand.
The curry was a little better, but in a poor quantity (half the normal, double price!) And is served with some vegetables... Raw vegetales!!! I use to eat raw vegetables, but i think this us not a good option for this dish.
Sorry, but, there are millions of restaurants better in Bangkok...
Look for a better one.

Date of visit: September 2016
2  Thank franziskanerfan9999

Reviewed September 2, 2016

Located among bangkok's urban jungle, there is a house that is different from the surroundings and provides a refreshing perspective. I was already prepared for its higher pricing as this place is more upscale than the typical local cuisine. I find it amusing for people to compare its food, taste, and pricing to street food because even if it is local in concept, street food it is not.

We went there for saturday lunch just to avoid all the congestion of a dinner service. I was surprised to find it less than 1/4 occupied though. Because of it, service was good, service was fast.

For two, i ordered tom yum which came in a slightly bigger than a standard soup bowl serving and was quite good, the appetizer set which is different types of appetizers for two, the lemon grass salad with betel leaves and the best one was the spicy fish salad. i also ordered the southern style fish curry which we both didnt like as the curry was brownish (but that was a personal taste preference, we saw our next door table order a similar one but the yellow curry and that looked good). i had rice which i found out was unlimited refill and a choice between white and brown rice. I chose the brown and it was nice.

Yup, we (over) ordered 5 for just the two of us, thus gaining some stares from the other table. Our bill came out higher than the buffet we tried the day before but then again with this much a la carte, it was a buffet! Still, price is upscale and a little stiff. Nice to do as a change to the typical thai food you see everywhere, but there is another we tried where the food is as good and even better at half the price (not upscale but arconditioning).

1  Thank al22tecc
Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

Staying on sukumvit soi 23 bangkok and this is probably the most authentic thai food we have had so far , nice relaxed atmosphere and friendly attentive staff , the crab was delicious , would recommend for a treat , but the street food is far cheaper

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed August 29, 2016

It was the second time I visited this restaurant and I am sure you would love those delicious dishes for whatever you pick in the menu. Decoration is simple but you feel like a home in Thailand, which make you feel more comfortable when you are having dinner with friends or family. Good for money and I am sure I will be visit here again when I am in Bangkok.

Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

Contrary to other reviews, we found the service to be great here - attentive and professional. What let it down was the food and the price - the mains were fine, but at around 300bt per main plus 10% service plus VAT, we were expecting something a little special, which we didn't get. The food was also incredibly spicy - two of my friends couldn't finish their dishes!