“Horrible food for an atrocious price. (megabangna branch)”
Review of Four Seasons

Four Seasons
Ranked #1,557 of 11,173 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Siam
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We ordered the peking duck which is supposed to come as crunchy roasted skin with the meat separated from it and made into another dish. It came with all the meat ripped into non-uniform slices in an unorganised mess of a dish accompanied with a measly portion of sliced cucumbers (considering there were 4 of us). The rest of the food was horrible too, whether it be too salty, too sweet or too oily. We ordered chinese tea (there was no variety, just one type) and it was horrible, a pungent flowery concoction which tasted nothing like chinese tea, almost juice like.

The service was horrible too, tea refills only came after 3 requests and the main part of a chinese meal: the rice, only appeared after 20 minutes. This is obscene as you would expect a chinese restaurant to have rice prepared and it would just be the simple task of scooping 4 bowls of rice.

Value is terrible for the quality of the food, the bill ended up with a total of 2960THB and this is crazy considering the cost of living in Thailand where a bottle of water costs 6THB.

An absolutely horrible experience and I strongly recommend you do not visit this pathetic attempt at a chinese restaurant.

2  Thank Kenneth C
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons

Reviewed April 14, 2013

The food here is ridiculously overpriced - with such a price one would expect far better than what my family and I received. The food was either too salty, too sweet, or too oily - qualities in which true Chinese food would never possess. The service was poor and the restaurant was loud even though my family and I were seated in one of the more secluded sections of the restaurants. The tea selection is non-existent, it's one or nothing, and there is no dim sum. The menu is deceiving and it is, I repeat with vigour, THE PRICE IS UNJUSTIFIABLY HIGH. Our rice (a key part of any Chinese meal) took half an hour to arrive - and came after most of us were done with our meals (a small bowl of poor quality rice was priced at 25B). The tea, as we had no selection to choose from, was not up to standard (as was the whole restaurant). Never touching that place ever again.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Only a roast duck is ok. We have dined there couples of times -- with bad experiences. They don't know how to cook. Service is also poor. One time we were the only table in the restaurant -- still could not get a service!! Service was extremely slow.... Drinks were extremely sweet. On the other occasion, beef noodle soup was so salty and greasy. One of the recommended fish menu was so plain and so expensive. Even basic menu such as hot and sour soup is so sour.... The only menu that is average is roast duck and rice!

1  Thank Kassoon
Reviewed April 4, 2013

How can anyone screw up Chinese Roast meat?
Ordered the roast duck, roast chicken, and a beef dish. All were poorly made. For some reason, all the meat although nicely presented were mushy and had no elasticity. It almost tasted like the meat were sitting around too long and not fresh. I guess I should have been weary stepping into a Chinese restaurant that boasts having started business in London. Be warned!

1  Thank CDSKJ
Reviewed March 23, 2013

There are a lot of places I like to go for a great steak in Bangkok, but the Four Seasons has the best at everything from service, quality, and price from beginning tthe end of the meal.

I had the 12 Oz wagyu striploin that was very well priced, and as stated was the best steak I have had in Bangkok, even better than the NY Steak House. One of the nice things about this restaurant is that they have a selection of "Good" wine, so many places serve average or below average wine in Bangkok, and charge premium prices. Believe me you will pay the same here, but get an above average bottle of wine, there selection is filled with many great choices.

I Also had the flourless chocolote cake with fresh berries and ice cream; the rasberries and boisen berries were a real treat. I have problems getting berries like this even in the USA.

We finished the meal and ended with their "Cafe Americano" coffee, I would say again their product is the best in Bangkok, just the rishest flavour you can hope for in a cup of coffee.

You can also sit outside and smoke a cigar if your like before, during, and/or after dinner, I personally like a good cigar with my skeak dinner, and their just aren't that many places you can still do that, this place is a winner!