“Fish Arrived Late - And it was undercooked!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lok Wah Hin

Lok Wah Hin
Ranked #5,797 of 10,625 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Siam
Description: Lok Wah Hin provides a chinese culinary journey for guests, with a unique food experience at affordable price.Famous for its Peking Duck and Dim Sums, in a classical Chinese village style atmosphere. Private dining rooms for 10-50 persons. Lunch 11.30 A.M. Until 2.30 P.M. Dinner 6.00 P.M. Until 10.30 P.M.
Singapore
“Fish Arrived Late - And it was undercooked!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

It was my daughter's birthday and the family of 5 decided to have dinner at Lok Wah Hin (Novotel on Siam Square). The gentlemen who served us was patient and polite. Hence I cannot give Lok Wah Hin any lower than a 2-star rating.

There was one other table occupied by three gentlemen when we arrived. We ordered a plate of noodles, a steamed grouper and some other dishes.

Having eaten earlier in the day at a Chinese Restaurant at Yaowarat, it is impossible not to compare the quality of the dishes.

We were disappointed thoroughly but as it was my daughter's birthday, we were upbeat that the final dish - steamed fish - would make up for the loss.

The kind waiter came and told us that our fish would be ready soon. Knowing that we had actually completed our dinner by then (half an hour had elapsed), he attempted to make small talk with us. We did not mind waiting since the restaurant was practically empty though by then a third table was occupied by two ladies who had just arrived.

Another half an hour had passed and our fish was still not served yet. As it had been an hour (imagine how much shopping we could have done in 60 minutes!), I thought it was only logical for me to query if the fish was ready and if we could cancel the order.

We were assured that it would be ready.

Then another ten minutes passed and my three children were bored simply by waiting.

When the fish finally arrived, it looked promising.

I proceeded to serve the fish but it was impossible for me to serve it as its flesh was still attached to its bone and the flesh was red. It was not cooked.

I am not a chef. But I really do not think it would take 75 minutes to steam a fish (assuming the steaming started after our dinner as the other dishes that we had been served also had to be cooked, right?)

So it was a quiet evening ruined by waiting and either undercooked or bland food. We only had ourselves to blame for making a wrong decision.

Fortunately, all was not lost. We ventured outside Novotel on Siam Square and found really tasty food as one would come to expect of Thai cuisine.

So should you eat at Lok Wah Hin, well, I hope you will be luckier than my family and I were. :)

Visited December 2012