“TERRIBLE SERVICE”

Nantra Sukhumvit 39
Ranked #775 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

All the staffs have VERY bad attitude. Stayed only because we had no other option. Despite the good location we'll never consider this place again and won't recommend it to others. The manager should really consider retraining the staffs who doesn't know the basic C of customer service.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Annie L

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Japanese district skytrain 100 m so. Good location.
Small breakfast, room with wet smelling and noisy because Of the skyscrapper's building in construction behind windows.
Very kind staff however and good price

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2013

It took me some time before I decided to share some light regarding this hotel. When I 1st arrived on 11 nov, I was greeted by receptionist who seem upset that I'm checking in. The only gal who left me the most impression was a tall lady who is always ready to show that she is happy to take up this job. Full of smiles and passion.

The next few days caught me by surprise, that they were renovating the eatery. Cockroaches were running all over the place. We were told the sewerage was not clearing up. Imagine the smell of basement. Totally unpleasant. The housekeeping should probably keep a checklist of what to provide each time. I did not know bottled water was provided till 1 week later. There were missing towels and I had to call reception and they told me 10mins later. I went down to get it because they have forgotten about it.

On 19 nov, I checked into a bigger room, 601 or 611, from what I recalled. Things went on well other than missing complimentary water or towels, on 22 nov, I went to bed at 11.30pm. I jumped when I heard my door unlocked!! I checked my phone and it was 1.01am. The next moment I heard 2 men speaking in Thai outside my door. I panicked and jumped outta bed to hold on to the door. After they left, I pushed the fridge next to the door so that I'm more aware should anyone unlock my door again. I was very sure that it was an internal staff who has the Master card who unlocked my door as guest card will not be able to do that.

On 23 nov, I had my gf who has reside in BKK for 10 years accompanied me to the hotel to feedback on what happened. We told them to investigate what happened and we requested to see who was there during the time of incident and the manager of director. They said the manager will be in the next day. 1 of the man who was on duty on 22 nov kept denying such an incident happened. My gf left her number and ask the staff for the manager to contact her directly.

On 24 nov my gf came by to look for me and when I went downstairs I saw the manager sitting by the counter looking around. I was told that it was her staff who came and clarify the whole matter. We had to walk over and were told that their CCTV was not working. We had to explain the situation again to the manager and problem solve for them. We told her that it is not safe to have a lock they should include a latch across so that whoever is opening the door will not be able to gain access. The manager in return asked the staff if there is only a lock. She then clarified with the staff in Thai and told us that she will feedback to the owner. She is only helping him out and she has only started work for a few days. They apologize for what happened and inform that there were something wrong with my lock and they will change a room for me. I did not stay at ease for the next few days though and checked out a day earlier. In every hotel, security is a very important factor to every guest. When we booked the room with the hotel shows that we trust the hotel to ensure security of the guest is placed as priority. I'm very disappointed in how the situation was handled. I will never go back to the Nantra group again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Good location.Small room ,not closet.NO WINDOW!!
Bathroom with bad smell.
Good beding.
Difficult to get towel and asking for water is like asking for gold!!
ALSO
People at fronk desk..Horrible!!
NO ENGLISH SPEAKING!!
Not nice .Doesn't know anything and especially NOT CARING!! AT ALL

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank hjmd76
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I booked this place because of price and location. Both turned out great. So, I booked the budget room through Expedia for one night and stayed there without any problems. The room was small with a low ceiling, no windows, and a little shabby but not too bad. We had a lot of stuff and needed another night so I booked a second night through Expedia. Well, when I went to the front desk they said that they couldn't honor my reservation with Expedia and I'd have to leave. They were mostly accommodating but it turned sour when later I tried to get a refund from Expedia for the night there the hotel told Expedia that they honored my reservation by paying for a taxi to take me to another hotel where they put me up for the night. This was not true in the least as I paid for my own taxi and they did not pay for another hotel room for me. Expedia refused to refund this to me as they had to have consent from the hotel. I'm not sure if the hotel was intentionally lying or just confused but either way I was very unhappy how that turned out.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tony2150
Reviewed September 30, 2013

*staying here for 3 nights.
*It's value for money
*Phrom phong bts lrt station nearby with just about 5mins walking distance.
*As I wake up morning and visiting places and come back at night for sleeping only so for me the condition of the noise of construction nearby is not a problem to me.
*highly recommending the thai massage and foot massage next to the hotel with the Japanese wordings sign board. Make sure u make an appointment. It's always fully book.
*A family mart store (something like 7 11) is just down to the phrom phong lrt station.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Hotel = If you want to call this as a hotel ??
=================================
Look ok from outside but actually is a dim lit Old, Horrible, run down place with no working safe, no clothes closet, horrible scribbled walls and rotting furniture and bathrooms.
There is a 2000 baht fine if you are found smoking in the room and they make you sign some agreement that you will pay that fine.
I had asked for smoking room but the hotel did not bother to even inform me about this clause or the fact that it is a 100% non smoking hotel.

Free complementary breakfast
======================
Breakfast is very less almost not there and there are 10 people waiting in line for breakfast enough for 5.
Breaakfast is also over it is over at 8.45 am.
You feel like refugee begging for more.

Around the hotel
============
There is a huge construction going in the background so noise is always there.

Nearby BTS Phrom phong
===================
All nearby places cater to cheap Japanese worker classes who possibly dont mind staying in this kind of hotel.
Everything nearby is Japanese, even road signs and hotel and shops have signs in Japanese.
I felt like staying in some cheap short time Japanese sex hotel.
Nothing is nearby. Even the nearest 7-11 is 5 min walk away.

Booking refund
============
I booked for 3 days and asked Agoda for refund but till date no refund.
I felt like a prisioner. I ran away next morning to a much better place.. refund or no refund.
I have been throughly cheated.

At departure
=========
When I said I am running away.. the lady at reception gave me that ( I knew you would quit) kind of look.

And worst is Agoda does not give refund or cancel my booking and refuses to accept a complaint or bad review.. This review did not load.. even after trying 3 times.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business