“excellent value for money”

Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11
Ranked #139 of 884 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed February 23, 2014

this is the place to stay if u r looking for a budget hotel at a convenient location in Bangkok..just 5 minutes walk from the nana sky train station..and easy access to chathuchak market, siam paragon area and mbk from here..rooms were comfortable and no complains ..small but value for money and quite enough..breakfast was very satisfying..the 2 mineral water bottles and the tea and coffee are complimentary but mind you the tooth brush,condom packet and the toothpaste kept alongside of those are not complimentary and will be charged at checkout if used and quite deceiving to b free:))..not very flexible on checkout times as we were told we had to pay 1000 THB extra if we had to extend our checkout from1 pm to 6 pm to suit our flgiht time..bur overall convenient and excellent location with appreciable facilities

2  Thank chatura w
SalilManagement, Front Office Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear chatura w,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback in regards to your stay at Salil Hotel Soi 11 Bangkok Sukhumvit. I am very delighted to read that you had an enjoyable and memorable experience.

Thank you again for choosing Salil Hotel Soi 11 Bangkok Sukhumvit and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Location is great, some great clubbing venues on the same street. night markets is just around the corner, Nana BTS is 2 mins walk down the road.

DVD rental for free, however a greater range would be good.

Hotel room very clean and spacious. Dont use the hotel taxi service though, its overcharged.

1  Thank Jan T
SalilManagement, Front Office Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Dear Chic,

Thank you for choosing Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11 Bangkok.

Sorry to hear that your not happy regarding Taxi Service.

Just want to let you know that the taxi you hired is a public taxi.
The hotel dont have the control to charge our guest.

Hoping to see you again.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I really like this hotel.This Hotel is pretty good. it's near all facilities such as shopping area, BTS sky train. Everything is comfortable. All staffs have service mind, excellent service, nice and clean room. I really enjoy staying at this hotel. And my friends also like it.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Fonay,

Thank you for choosing the Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11 Bangkok as the place to stay and looking much forward to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

My previous review was 1 star due to communication problems with the staff my previous visit... They really got under my skin. However, I gave them a second chance, spent 5 days here, and enjoyed every minute of my stay other than breakfast... The food at breakfast was the worst crap I've had in Thailand, and I spend a lot of time in Thailand. Do yourself a favor, and buy food elsewhere... There is great street food on the Soi 11 right outside the hotel.

I love the location near EVERYTHING, and I love the Deluxe room (got the superior room due to a communication error on my last visit, and it sucked)

Charley Brown's Mexican Cantina is nearby, if you're there on Tuesday, go by for Margarita Madness (half price margaritas, and pitchers)... you won't regret it.... Hell, go by any night, the food is good.

Room Tip: Go for the Deluxe room... It's worth every penny
1  Thank VanstonHamilton

Dear VanstonHamilton,

I like to thank you for the lovely review you have posted. Thank you for recognizing service excellence of Salil Hotel Soi 11 Sukhumvit Bangkok . Our Team take pride in taking good care of guests and nothing makes them happier than receiving a confirmation from a well-traveled customer like you.

I like to respond to this review, having looked at all the issues which have been mentioned. It is with much regret to notice that your not satisfied with our breakfast selections during your stay. Will definitly take this matter seriously so for us to improve more.

I look much forward to welcome you back soon again. In the meantime I remain with best regards.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Good location near BTS Nana station , 7-11 shop and Shopping mall, Star Buck coffee shop Good Service Also good wellcome drink. I will come back to stay again :))
Good staff : Patricia, Thank you very much.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Jumped,

Thank you for a very comprehensive review and for an accurate description of the hotel location of Salil Hotel Soi 11 Bangkok.

I am happy to read that you have truly enjoyed your stay including the overall atmosphere of the hotel and the location.

It would be nice to possibly welcome you back again should you return to Thailand any time soon.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed at Salil twice in the last month, on arrival in BKK and before flight home. The hotel has a great location, very clean and the most comfortable bed i have found in Thailand. Also great service from the staff, especially Jan at reception.
The bar is great for relaxing and people watching with very attentive service. If you have the chance, book this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
SalilManagement, Front Office Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear NigelClark,

Thank you for taking the time share your recent stay experience with us on Tripadvisor, much appreciated!

I am happy to know that you had a wonderful experiences with Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11 Bangkok.

I am glad that you have enjoyed the service from our Team. I will share your comments with them as encouragement to continuously improve our quality of services.

Yours truly,

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed at Salil Soi 11 in November 2013 for 2 nights. Having stayed in Bangkok on numerous occasions in the past we found Salil to be a pleasant hotel, clean rooms, small compared to some hotels but suitable for a couple of nights. Very thin walls that allow noise to travel from adjoining rooms which can be annoying. Breakfast was good with enough variety to suit most travelers. Staff were generally friendly and helpful. We arranged for pickup from the airport which went smoothly and safely and at a reasonable speed which can't be said for many Bangkok taxis. The location is great. Soi 11 and the surrounding area has numerous eateries from street food to classy restaurants. Only 2 minutes from the BTS and of course only minutes from Sukhumvits famed nightlife. I would happily stay there again and in fact have a current booking for May this year.

Having said that I do have a complaint. I have emailed Salil to cancel the May booking (for personal reasons and nothing to do with Salil). I have email 3 times in the past week and have not received a response. I have been using the email address provided on my booking confirmation : infos3@salilhotel.com I have also tried to find another contact address on their website but their website no longer appears to exist. (If it does Google can't seem to find it) I find this very disconcerting given they demand a credit card on booking so they can charge you for "no shows".

As it appears as though management respond to all posts on T/A so perhaps they could post their contact information so that T/A contributors and readers may contact them should the need arise.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear paturs,

Thank you for taking the time write us the feedback about your recent stay at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11 Bangkok , I am glad to know that you are happy with our hotel and services , as well as the location. I hope your entire Bangkok trip was great.

Just want to inform you that our email is INFOSL3@SALILHOTEL.COM

Once again thank you for your kind words, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Yours Truly,