“Worst ever hotel! Avoid this at all costs!”

Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11
Ranked #139 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Looking at these reviews, I expected an excellent hotel. I was so wrong!

Upon arrival at the hotel, we were hassled and hassled to upgrade our room. When we disagreed, they put us in the dirtiest room they could find. We immediately complained at the reception and they did manage to clean it. However, this turned out to be the only positive thing that happened at this hotel. My wife wanted to take a shower, but was extremely disappointed as she could only get cold water. Again, we complained immediately but this time we found no good customer service. They took forever to send someone upstairs and when they did, they were no help. The so called 'engineer' did nothing but try to act as if the water was boiling, when it was really colder than lukewarm. We complained again, and they said they would send someone the next day. When the next day came, no one arrived. Eventually we managed to get another room, which turned out to be even more of a disaster than the last.

When we got to the next room, we immediately noticed the double bed, this is unsitable for 2 adults and 1 child. Aside from the bed we saw a broken door, an absoloutely disgusting looking bed and a tv that didn't turn on. At first we accepted this, but when our bed sheets were not changed for 2 days, we complained but we got no response. They told us it was company policy not to change the bed sheets as frequently as every 3 days. We found this riddiculous and they did not change the sheets until we argued for about 10 minutes. We asked for an extra bed only to find out they would charge extra. They are accommodating 3 people yet they refuse to give us 2 beds! We found this unacceptable. We will never visit this hotel again. I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemies!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dan k
SalilManagement, Front Office Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Dear Mr. dan k ,

I have read your review and discussed the issues and I am very concerned about the number of problems you have raised in your review.

May I first apologize for coming in short of your expectations and for not delivering the kind of service you have come to expect from Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11.

The Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11 Bangkok has been often recognized for the hotel facilities and the service levels across the property. It is the hotel's aim to be as good in service delivery today as we have been yesterday and will be tomorrow.

It would be a privilege to welcome you back to the Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11 Bangkok once again in future, enabling us to restore your faith in the hotels product and services.

Your Truly,
George

Write a ReviewReviews (1,517)

Reviewed December 17, 2013

This hotel is in the heart of Sukhumvit shopping district. A short walk from Terminal 21 (a great shopping mall). The streets are lined with stalls and great restaurants. Easily accessed by train, taxi etc & 30kms from the airport (about 750 BHT in a metered taxi). The staff are lovely & accommodating & are more than happy to assist. The rooms are stylish, comfortable, clean and come with free Wifi. There is a breakfast option with the room booking, but I hit the streets for delicious, well priced local food. There are plenty of fun bars close by also. I would stay here again next time I'm in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up have a great view (I was on the 7th floor) No aircon noise & the windows all sh...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
SalilManagement, General Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Dear Stendy8486,

Thank you for your lovely comments. Our staff are trained to provide you with local connections in the city. Believe me, there are many more places here in Sukhumvit 11 that is worth experiencing. We would be delighted to assist with the details of your stay to ensure another wonderful stay at “Salil bangkok, sukhumvit 11”.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

The staff in this hotel very nice (Ko and feebe) The location of this hotel is very near to the bts sky train and there are also many 7-11 stores and other good restaurants around the hotel area is easy to go to the shoping center

• Stayed: September 2013
SalilManagement, General Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear DoeTanawat,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review on TripAdvisor, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the service.
look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

The rooms and bathrooms are well cleaned.. The beds are very comfortable.. There's also tv and a refrigerator in the room.. The staffs in this hotel (Feebe and Ko) were very nice and friendly.. My experience during my stay in this hotel was very nice and I would definitely choose to stay in this same hotel when I come to Bangkok the next time.. The location of this hotel is very near to the bts sky train and there are also many 7-11 stores and other good restaurants around the hotel area..

Room Tip: Higher rooms floor are quiet spacious and have a king size bed
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Premika M

Dear Premika M,

Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments .We hope to welcome you back again soon to experience yet another memorable stay with us.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in November and had a great time. Room was very clean and nicely decorated and the staff was very friendly. The complimentary bottles of water in the room each day was a nice touch. The hotel is located just a couple minutes walk from the Nana BTS station and there are great street food stalls, bars, convenience stores, tailors, and massage places right outside. Also, the free breakfast was one of the best I've ever had. My wife and I usually are not the type to get up early for hotel breakfasts, but this one was worth it. All sorts of hot foods (noodles, rice dishes, stir fry) as well as fresh fruits and bakery goods. What else can I say? For the price, I can't recommend this hotel enough.

My only complaint would be the thin walls between rooms. You can hear what's playing on your neighbor's TV. This was only an issue for us for a few minutes of one night of our stay, but I figure it's worth mentioning. Also, since the hotel is located on a busy street, I'd recommend a room higher up to get away from the noise. We were on the 8th floor and it was silent.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
SalilManagement, General Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Dear Rich S,

We are glad you love the rooms and amenities and that, from the start of the day, with breakfast.You are indeed right when you say that everything is so nearby that you don't have to go far for anything you want when staying at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit soi 11.We appreciate your feedback on the wall.Thank you for your wonderful compliments and we eagerly look forward to your return visit soon.

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel for my 75 year old mother - we stayed in another hotel which was not suitable for her. Everybody from the security / doorman, reception, restaurant and house keeping were welcoming and friendly. The room was very well appointed, and the bathroom had a huge shower cubicle as well as a bath. Awesome view from her room on the 11th floor and very quiet. Special thanks to Pat :))

Stayed: November 2013
SalilManagement, General Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Dear Adrienne G,

Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments. My associates and I are extremely pleased to have created for you a positive memorable experience. We hope to welcome you back again soon to experience yet another memorable stay with us.

nina.sirikul

Reviewed November 28, 2013

The Salil 11 is a great location close to dozens of restaurants, sidewalk stalls, bars, BTS (Nana Station is 300 or so meters) and more. The rooms are large, comfortable, clean with great bathrooms. The staff is very friendly and attentive ready to help with suggestions for your stay in Bangkok. The rooms are remarkably quiet as there is quite a bit of street action outside. Early morning starts are no problem with a varied and delicious breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear warp1,

Thank you for sharing your Salil experiences on TripAdvisor. So happy to hear that you enjoyed our hospitality and that you liked the Breakfast at the Marco eat & drink store. We all look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

nina.sirikul