“Good Location”

Ranked #130 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good Location”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is was my first trip to Thailand and I picked this Hotel because of the location. We stayed for four nights. On the third day, the hotel was black out but lucky the hotel management offered us a glass of Thai Tea and some fries. All staff was great especially Pat from front desk. :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SalilManagement, General Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear azuwa,

Thank you for your lovely comments.I am so fortunate to have a wonderful team working with me. We regret very much the inconvenience caused on the black out.
we eagerly look forward to your return visit soon.

Nina.sirikul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Booked online through hotels.com. Booked the superior room and requested an early check in. When I got there early morning, I was told that the room I booked was not available and I had to pay extra for a deluxe room. I argued with them for 15 minutes but they wouldn't bulge. So I agreed. After this, they told me that even the deluxe room wasn't ready and therefore I couldn't check in at that time (9 am). They did however get the room ready by 12 noon.

The deluxe room was small but clean, the bathroom was nice too. All fittings were new and worked perfectly.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank raheellalani
Dear Raheel L,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.It is usually rather difficult to provide early check in room, especially high period. May us explain that the standard check in time is 2pm and the check out time is 12 noon. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Appreciate your feedback on this. We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again.
Newport, OR
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This was our first trip to Thailand. For some reason I had booked only two nights instead of my needed three, but luckily I was able to book one for our first night when we arrived at 2am and Joe and the other man there were so sweet and accommodating. The first night we got a king bed on the 10th floor and it was quiet and comfortable and the room was cutely decorated with a lot of charm. Joe said there was a continental breakfast in the morning and I was thinking something like rolls and coffee, but it was so delicious with numerous hot food dishes that had vegetables and tasted so good and healthy after a long plane trip. Fresh fruit, salad, and of course the regular like toast and cereal and milk. I didn't realize until the second day that you could also order eggs.
My husband had some health issues with his back and Joe guided me to a place to get a cane, and Vit in the morning guided us to get a cab the hospital (there are many in Bangkok) where we had good service.
The second and third nights we had a double bed on the 8th floor that I had booked and it was also very comfortable. I loved the way the key card turned on the lights and AC. What a good energy saver.
This hotel is located near a lot of action, yet I felt it was quiet enough to sleep well, and I would like to come back to explore more in the future. Also, it is amazing how it seems like people know English. That was certainly a bonus.
We had to leave, and go back to the US because of my husbands back, so I don't know how to compare this with anyplace else, but I thought it was a very nice place to stay, and loved the breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CapnJD,

As the saying goes, “you never get a second chance to make a first impression” and we are glad that we have given you a memorable experience.we are glad the breakfast, being the most important meal of the day, had energized your mornings. My associates and I are simply thrilled that we had given you and your husband a wonderful stay at Salil Hotel sukhumvit 11.Thank you for your wonderful compliments and we eagerly look forward to your return visit soon.
Hope your Husband get well soon
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 12, 2013

[Room] clean, nice & good service but abit small.
Easy to travel to MBK, plantinum mall, siam square , central world and paragon.
nice breakfast.
Except the distance to BTS.
I hope that Salil Soi11 provide the TUK TUK service to nearest BTS station.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Queen884
Dear Queen884,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review on TripAdvisor. We all look forward to welcoming you back to “Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11” soon.
Rotorua
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The staff at the front desk were super friendly and helpful. We stayed there twice and the first time we checked the room before booking and had a really nice room. The second time we booked over the internet and when we got to our room the air conditioning unit wasn't working and despite being a non smoking room the bathroom smelled strongly of smoke. The room was clean and nice but not worth what you pay for it.

Room Tip: Check the room first
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SalilManagement, General Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Toni G ,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review on TripAdvisor, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the service. I will certainly share your kind words with all our team. very sorry for the inconveniences you faced. I will indeed make a special mention to the rest of the team about aircon and the room condition for ensuring that you got a nice room with a proper condition.We all look forward to welcoming you back to “Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11” soon.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I and my friend enjoyed our stay at Salil hotel in bangkok at Sukhumvit Soi 11 so much! The hotel is 5 mins walk away from NANA BTS station. We reached at 9pm and were greeted by the friendly staffs. They are Sa and Joe. OOh.. i forgotten the security name , he is very friendly too. Joe tried to promote us the bigger room by 500 baht per night and he personally showed us the different rooms. I was impressed by their service and we decided to upgrade. The room is nicely decorated and clean. There are basic utensils like microwave,plate,spoon,bowls,fridge,safe,cups and etc.. After showered and unpacking,we went for our dinner right infront of the hotel roadside stall. The restaurant manager Peep and Joe recommended us to the clubs and gave us directions. The whole street is busy with people looking for food n drinks. Interesting part is there are mini vans that sell cocktails and beers. We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights and it was unforgettable and pleasant.. I would like to say A BIG Thank You to Sa,Joe,Peep and Pat. Thank you for making us feel good and we will stay at the hotel again. And Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 88sherry88
Dear 88sherry88 ,

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience at Salil Sukhumvit soi 11, and thank you for sharing on TripAdvisor. Our staff are trained to provide you with local connections in the city and we are happy that you were delighted in our impeccable service and that we were able to guide you to some fantastic places in Nana.
Please do let us know when your plans bring you back to Bangkok. We would be delighted to assist with the details of your stay to ensure another wonderful experience at “Salil bangkok, sukhumvit 11”.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I always enjoy my stay in Salil Hotel Sukhumwit 11. The hotel is strategically located at Sukhumwit 11 which surrounded by plenty choices of restaurants, cafes, pubs and street food. Nana BTS station is just 5 mins walk from the hotel. The staff is friendly and always greet with smile. Thanks to Khun sa, Jan, Lin and Pat. Your attentive service will keep me coming back to your hotel in my next trip to Bangkok.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Chrisflk

a big “Thank you” for your wonderful compliments and we sincerely hope to welcome you back again soon.