“Chilling out in Bangkok”

Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11
Ranked #142 of 895 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I had a 12 day trip to Thailand and finished off for the last 3 days in Bangkok. The hotel had only been open for a month and looks very clean and new. Everything was in good working order.
Chek in is at 2.00pm and my friend and I arrived at 1.30pm. We were told that our rooms would not be ready until 3.30pm, but to compensate, the gentleman at reception readily agreed to a 4.00pm late check out. This was very helpful because our flight back to the UK was at 8.30pm. In the event, our rooms were in fact ready by 2.00pm.
The hotel is located in my favourite area of Bangkok, Sukhumvit Soi 11. It is just 20 metres away from a really friendly bar called Hilary's and there are some excellent restaurants just a short walk away such as Limoncello and Chilli Culture. The red light areas of Nana and Soi Cowboy are nearby but not too close.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,530)

Reviewed November 20, 2012

For the price we paid this place was pretty good!

It's location is perfect, there are many food stalls outside, near the BTS station, and close to big malls.

The only thing that annoyed me was their lack of preparation. We requested for an extra bed since there were three of us but on the first night, they gave one of us another room which I didn't mind but the next day, all of us had to move to another room again, which was quite inconvenient. Other than that, beds were comfortable, bathroom was clean, amenities were nice, and service wasn't bad.

I would stay here again if the price stays the same.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JW D
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed 3 nights in this hotel..overall for this hotel very good...the tv have 80 channel for u to watch..
Room design are special and looks new ages..
The only comments for me...got two..
1. The laundry service need to be improve..I wanted to send my clothes on the second night but I was told by the front desk officer that I only can collect it on the last day.
2. During my check out time...I was told to pay for the local call I make but in fact I didn't make any call during my stay...after verified the time call it was suspect to be their own stuff. ..

I will certainly come back to this hotel again for my next visit to Bangkok. .

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Well all I can say is that in a city of a million choices in hotels if you arent on your game then dont open your doors.

Check in is abysmal. Staffed by 2 receptionists who have about as much hospitality knowledge as a paper bag has fashion sense. Heres a tip girls. "Need your ID card" is not the same thing as " need your credit card details sir". And flicking through your guests passport looking at the countries visited before you photocopy the id page really isnt up to scratch is it? And then putting your guests into a standard room when they have booked a deluxe and then changing the room after the guest reminds you that they have booked a deluxe doesnt really inspire confidence in the rest of the hotel operation. But the bell boy was good enough to apologise about the terrible check in procedure on the way up in the lift to the room so I suppose that makes it all right ????!!!

The hotel has its own on house sauna. It is normally callled the lobbies and foyers but they have decided that they would not aircondition those areas so you get a nice funky sweat up while your waiting for the lift on your floor. Nothing quite like the smell of stale cigarette smoke blended with sweaty body odour to prepare you for your day ahead in Bangkok.

The room itself is spacious but not very practical and definately didnt have a womans imput in its design. No cupboards for clothes. No towel racks near the shower. But it does have condoms for sale in the mini bar so male sex tourists will be happy.

Booked in for 3 nights and after the first day am thinking should have booked elsewhere. Honestly I dont give bad reviews just on a whim. There are sooo many great hotels in Bangkok to choose from and sadly this new addition to the smorgasbord of offerings isnt one of them. Look elsewhere.

Stayed: November 2012
5  Thank nonbg123
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for three nights , we stayed in a standard room quite small but very clean ,we did have bath with shower the bathroom was a good size compared to the room ,again very clean ,the breakfast is good ,I think there could be more of a choice but still good. The location of this hotel is perfect for getting about ,sky train station just a short walk up the road .the staff are very friendly and want to help ,there is going to be a small restaurant and bar next to the hotel that will belong to the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed just one night, new hotel almost looks Vietnamese style from the outside, ie tall and narrow. Rooms very clean but not so big. Staff friendly and just a few minute walk from the main sukhumbit road.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was very surprise with this hotel decoration, charming and perfect. The staff was friendly and service mind. The room was good codition clean and sure!!! perfect decoration. Quiet room with cool aircon and free wifi. Location was perfect in the prime area Sukhumvit Soi11. only 3minute walk to the BTS stataion. This hotel was recommended for both business and leisure.

Room Tip: Different floor with different decoration by the flower and you can select bathroom type bathtube or...