“Nice modern hotel”

Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11
Ranked #140 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed just one night, new hotel almost looks Vietnamese style from the outside, ie tall and narrow. Rooms very clean but not so big. Staff friendly and just a few minute walk from the main sukhumbit road.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,517)

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was very surprise with this hotel decoration, charming and perfect. The staff was friendly and service mind. The room was good codition clean and sure!!! perfect decoration. Quiet room with cool aircon and free wifi. Location was perfect in the prime area Sukhumvit Soi11. only 3minute walk to the BTS stataion. This hotel was recommended for both business and leisure.

Room Tip: Different floor with different decoration by the flower and you can select bathroom type bathtube or...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel is very nice for that price. Ca. 45 EURO. The breakfast ist enough and the selection of different choices is well. The staff is friendly. The rooms are clean and for a week ok. The location is 10 minutes walk from BTS. A 7eleven and starbucks are 5 minutes walk away.
I will come back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are clean. The location is nice and easy to get around the city. Breakfast is tasty, staff is friendly and that makes the stay very pleasant. The interior has a French touch, what we really liked. Salil hotel gets a big plus for its attention to detail!

• Stayed: November 2011
SalilManagement, General Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Ccocoh,

Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments. We hope to welcome you back again soon to experience yet another memorable stay with us.

Sincerely

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel around October 12th. I knew there might be some construction work going on according to my previous experiences with hotels who offer a pre-opening rate on there website. Every one could see there might be some inconveniences.
I can tell you there were none during the 4 days i stayed there. This hotel was almost completely finished at mid-october. Only the two upper floors still had to be finished but with no inconveniences for the hotelguest whatsoever, no noises at all, no smell of paint. The restaurant at the groundfloor was not ready during my stay. They still had to put the furniture and decorations on the walls. To compensate the hotel offered me a voucher for breakfast at the President hotel (5 Star hotel ) just across the street. I appreciated this offer very much . From the housekeeping up to the reception they all were very attentive and helpfull. Worthwhile to mention this.
The rooms are really wonderfull. Every room has been painted in the colour of flowers and its derivations. So on each floor no room is the same . So the monotonous character of so many hotels is broken . Wonderfull cosy feeling.
I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and i can recommend it to anyone, the single traveller or the family . The location is perfect . Very close to BTS (Skytrain )and to very good restaurants indeed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank LeoL70
SalilManagement, General Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear LeoL70 ,

Your wonderful compliments made my day and my associates and I are truly happy to have given you a great experience here at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit soi 11. We are glad you love the rooms and amenities and that you felt the comforts of 'Home" here at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit soi 11.Thanks again and we eagerly look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I arrived at this hotel just in time as it seems its only just been completed. Luckily all signs of construction were gone, along with any noises and smells.

The decoration and theme of the hotel were great, very warm and welcoming and I had a great few nights sleeps there! The staff themselves were helpful and were able to recommend some great restaurants and bars in the area.

The location is very convient, not too far from the main road but far enough, with a BTS skytrain station a short walk away. The soi itself had a great night-life.

I would come here again, the price is reasonable and the hotel and staff great.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Ian H

Dear Ian H,
Thank you for your wonderful compliments.
You are indeed right when you say that everything is so nearby that you don't have to go far for anything you want when staying at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11.My associates and I are extremely pleased to have created for you a positive memorable experience.

Sincerely

Reviewed October 5, 2012

wheni booked this hotel there was no mention on the website that the hotel was still under renovation, it was only when i got there, and only when i asked as i notice that it was not completed. My stay was terrible as i was woken up every morning with the workers drilling and knocking, on the second day, when my daughter and i open the door to leave the room to go out, there was white smoke which filled up the whole corridor outside our room, we could not even make our way to the lift and the smell was terrible, when we got to the ground floor, we were covered with white dust particles from head to foot, the hot water in my room was cold, and we had to shower for 6 days with cold water, the sheets were not changed and on one day we had no towels in our room, we made a complain to the staff but nothing was done, i feel that i was cheated of what i paid for the room, as the website, being hotels,com should mention that the hotel is new and under renovation, it states on the website that there is a cafe, but there isnt, i went to Bkk with my daughter as it was her birthday and to relax, but i was taking panadols every day and had a splitting headache from the renovation, when i mention all this to the staff, nothing was done, and i even asked for partial refund as i feel that it was unfair to sell rooms when the hotel is not completed, and worse of all to not inform the guests, they refuse to entertain me, she only said that she will give me a free breakfast the day of my check out, at one of the nearby hotels, but no voucher was even given to us, she also said that she would change my room, but there was no point in that as i would still be able to hear the noises of the renovation where ever i was. the window in my room could not be closed and locked as it was either spoilt or the fact that the room was still not fully completed, so apart from the renovation noisce. i also had to deal with the noise there was coming from the street as my room was facing the road. After my complains from day 2, the staff did nothing about it . i am very disappointed with this and apart from being angry with the hotel , i am also upset that hotels.com never mentioned any of this renovation on its website, guests should be informed, and its up to them if they still choose to stay at the hotel, i would not have stayed there if i knew of this, and picked another hotel, it was the worse holiday i ever had, and i am very angry and will mention this to my friends and put in a feedback on trip advisor, i would not book with hotels .com again, as i felt that i was cheated, and there is no refund given at all,

Room Tip: Was mislead by website as i was not told that hotel was under renovation,
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank susan c

Dear susan c,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor.I regret very much the difficulties you have been having with our hotel.We appreciate your feedback. We would welcome any comment which would help us in improving our service. hope to have the pleasure of serving you in the near future.