“she knows how to cook with love”
Review of Joy Luck Club

Joy Luck Club
Ranked #524 of 11,062 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Banglamphu
Rome, Lazio, Italy
“she knows how to cook with love”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

it's a place out of any places, it seems when you enter that little room you are no longer in bangkok, maybe in paris or spain... and when the little thai woman come to bring you those tasty potatoes chips you cannot avoid smiling at her and hug her... she is such a powerful and energetic person and this is confirmed by the love she put in all the dishes she prepares with her hands as if all of us were her children. We were 11 people and she was able to prepare fastly one of the best dinner I've evere had in 2 weeks vacation in Thailand

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Loredana B

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Prague, Czech Republic
“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Nothing big or fancy but very tiny, cute and having some kind of a home atmosphere. We went in for a caffe and to relax and refresh after the long walk and firstly we liked the interior a lot. Waiters were nice, caffe was great, the music as well and shortly, we enjoyed our time in Joy Luck Club.
At the end we decided to take a small snack and it was very good choice, the best spring roles in our lives.
Highly recomended!

Bangkok, Thailand
“Great taste of Thai Food from Thais opinion”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I'm Thai and just found this nice Thai restaurant to dinner with friend. I live in Bangkok but not knowing much about which restaurant is having good Thai dishes near Pha Artit road. Accidentally, I walk passed Joy Luck Club and my friend told me that this restaurant is famous so we interested and just tried it out. We ordered two menus : Omelette Formula 1(special formula omelette by the owner and she also have Formula 2 we) and fried tofu with vegetables. Both menus are tasty and make we wanna try other menus next time. Also, lemon juice is great refreshing. It is the real Thai food I think.

London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food and trendy,gorgeous cafe! Not to be missed!”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I had the massaman curry and it was one of the nicest curries I've ever had in my entire love. It came with sweet roti bread which was also delicious. So glad I found this place! Free wifi and the loveliest staff too!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
“One of the best meals I've had in Bangkok.”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Having lived in Thailand for over six years, I'm very disappointed to have only recently found Joy Luck Club. What have I been eating all these years?!

The staff, who I believe are two sisters, are very friends, very helpful and more than happy to explain each freshly made dish in great detail.

The food is brilliant, the drinks are great... I can't fault anything.

This is my new favourite place to eat in Bangkok. It's a must!