“Full of endearing details...”
Review of Joy Luck Club

Joy Luck Club
Ranked #543 of 11,173 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Banglamphu
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stumbled on this quirky, charming little hole in the wall just a couple of blocks north of the Kao San melee. So happy I did--there's just so much to recommend here: tons of veggie options, relaxing jazz music, fried talon root for nibbles, lemon ice tea that is to die for, rice served in the shape of a teddy bear, perfectly seasoned food tailored to your tastes. I really wish I had discovered it earlier in my BKK stay--I'd be here every night. And the owners--(2 sisters from what I gather) are absolute sweethearts. Oh, and decor alone is worth a visit.

1  Thank TastingWaves
There are newer reviews for Joy Luck Club

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stumbled on this little treat by accident. Had the best food of our trip so far. A tiny wee place, with a lovely lady who was waitress, chef and cocktail mixer; all whitest being adorable.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I had there one of the best massaman curries during my whole trip in thailand. The lady who manages the place is very nice and helpfull. We ordered a "high spicy" curry in the first place and it was really too much for us. When she saw that, she suggested to take it back to make it sweeter and it really worked. It was really excellent ! The green curry was very good too !

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

We came across this quirky little place by chance. The food was delicious, the staff were friendly and it was great value for money. Would definitely recommend if you're visiting Bangkok!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Great food, great value. The owner is really lovely. Well worth a visit. It's a tiny wee place but don't let that put you off. Owned by 2 sisters who crack out some great food.