“For a change from Thai food”

Tony Roma's Terminal 21
Ranked #921 of 11,177 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: It appears that the Tony Roma's franchise has multiple restaurants in Bangkok. I have patronized one on lower Sukhumvit Road, but it was years ago. This review is for a new restaurant in the new Terminal 21 Mall at Asok Junction.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

typical quality Tony Romas food and handy when you just want a change from the wonderful Thai food restaurants

There are newer reviews for Tony Roma's Terminal 21

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Every once in a while I need my fix of Tony Roma's ribs. I guess the complement here for this establishment at the Terminal 21 Mall is that it's the exactly the same experience as any Tony Roma's in the USA. The ribs are good, the salad doesn't disappoint, the vanilla shake is delicious. The high point of this place is the view from this restaurant overlooking Asok BTS station and Sukhumvit; it's a truly impressive view.

I feel Tony Roma's is overpriced for the quality of the food; however, I cannot deny it does satisfy me every time I feel the need for ribs. However, its a generic experience for ribs. I am aware of no unique rib joint in Bangkok like you would find in Memphis or Houston. For now, this place will have to do.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We are fans of Tony Roma's and have enjoyed their product throughout the world, including here in Bangkok, however we were terribly disappointed with the service and quality of our meal at their Terminal 21 branch last night.

Terminal 21 is a trendy shopping centre with a number of fine restaurants, unfortunately Tony Roma's is not one of them.

We decided to treat ourselves last night, it's not cheap there, we were welcomed and shown to a table. the place was only about 50% full and lacked atmosphere.

Menus were put in front of us, the waitress came back to take our order but kept returning to other tables when something caught her eye.

Our waitress had difficulty understanding me, OK this is Thailand, but Tony Roma's is an international brand, Terminal 21 is in a tourist area, and English should be understood, I wouldn't have expected my girlfriend to have to explain that when I asked for a beer I wasn't asking for a coffee.

We ordered one starter and two main courses, we waited an age for our order I was about to chase when our main courses were placed on the table. I asked about my starter, the waitress ran to her computer came back and told me that she was sorry but she forgot, we only ordered three items and she forgot one of them. I might have thought she was genuinly sorry if she hadn't had laughed when she told me.

OK we still had our ribs, they were lukewarm and served with almost cold chips, I should have complained but I didn't want to embarrass my girlfriend, and I wanted out of that place.

A number of establishments in Thailand add a compulsory service charge of 10%, Tony Roma's is one of these places, now call be old fashion but I think service should be included in the price and a tip has to be earned. There is absolutely no incentive to offer good service with a compulsory service charge, this restaurant is a prime example.

We spoke to friends later in the evening, they are also Tony Roma's fans, they apologised for not warning us about that particular branch. Like us they thought that a new outlet in a new shopping centre, surrounded by many other restaurants, would up their service to satisfy and retain customers, they advised us that they believed the staff really don't care, we thought that was a good description.

There are many good restaurants in the area, this isn't one of them.

1  Thank John S
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Let me start by saying I AM A CARNIVORE, and I do NOT like Tony Roma's at home! However...after five weeks in Asia, it was a GREAT burger and taste of home! sat next to a guy with A Texas Rangers shirt on and he is from my hometown!! AWESOME!!

Service was good for Thai standards...still don't get the concept of bringing food out all at one time! We had two burgers and combo of ribs and chicken. Same as Tony Roma's at home.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you are familiar with Tony Roma, this is definitely up to the franchise standards. Located in Terminal 21, they have a great view over the busy Asoke Sukhumvit intersection and a casual relaxed environment. The ribs are great, real ice tea, and cold beer.