“Very central for most things you need”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Nana Hotel

Nana Hotel
Ranked #352 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Very central for most things you need”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here on many occasions. The rooms are clean and big, basic but sufficient requirements met. Good buffet breakfast with plenty of choice. Most staff are helpful. Looking forward to my next stopover.
I rarely book in advance as my plans in Thailand are always fluid but a phone call to the Nana a day or two ahead of time & I've a confirmed room on arrival.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank RKS S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

The hotel is well located at the beginning of soi 4 with a lot of facilities and attractions around it. I am regular at this hotel and have seen some improvements during my last visit. The rooms now have LCD TVs instead of the old small CRT TVs.
The breakfast is one of the plus things in this hotel with a lot of varieties. If you are staying at this hotel don't miss the breakfast. The only down side is the size of the bathroom, it is very tiny.

Room Tip: Don't miss the breakfast.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Qais A
Tenerife, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

NANA HOTEL – ROOM 591 & 665

My wife and I stayed here over xmas 2013. The hotel has an excellent location between ploen chit & nana sky train stations.It is right opposite Nana square with its girly bars.

On the ground floor is a coffee shop, cocktail lounge which is open from 12.00 – 04.00. Guests get a free drink coupon (can be beer or local spirit) to use at the cocktail lounge. At the road side there is a bar which is great for people watching.

On the third floor there is a swimming pool with Jacuzzi. This is a quiet oasis from the hubbub of Bangkok.

The lobby has a travel desk, lounge & smoking area.

We had two rooms during our stay. Both had a king size bed, large fridge, some drawers, safe, hairdryer, comp water, Wi-fi, air-con,TV with plenty of English language channels inc. BBC & CNN. Bath with shower plenty of hot water & toiletries. The reason we changed rooms was due to our first room had an insect infestation. Unfortunately there were also the occasional creepy in the bathroom of our second room, but living in Tenerife we were used to this type of problem so did not see this as a major drawback ( I'm sure some readers are gasping at this point).

Buffet Breakfast was from 06.00 – 10.00. It included bacon, eggs; fried or scrambled or boiled, frankfurters, sautéed potatos, rice noodles, a toaster with 3 varieties of bread, soft rolls, T & C, oj, pineapple j, tomato j, eggy toast, waffles, pancakes, croissants, pastries, fruit.

We found the staff very friendly and efficient and were most helpful when it came to changing rooms

Despite the bug problem we would stay there again as the location and breakfast are excellent.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floors if possible as these have been renovated
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank DaveThePubsinger
Chiang Mai, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

This hotel is from a bygone age and obviously relies on its oversea bookings and the corporate club who's company pays for them.the hotel is outdated and I was pissed off that on booking in the inferred my girlfriend was a prostitute by only offering one complimentary breakfast which was buffet style and everything from eggs to tomatoes were cold.On entering the bar,before I could even get a drink an old woman with more make up than coco the clown flicked her tongue at me like some crazed monitor lizard and pointed to her sagging breasts which were literally spilling from her dress.On politely refusing I then got the evil eye and felt uncomfortable being there.the decor was dated and holes were in both some walls and carpets and on asking about tours I was amazed that the woman didn't even get up from eating and when I asked a second question raised her voive saying that she didn't go to the place I was asking rude and way past her sell by date obviously has a friend somewhere because in Europe she would be fired.A horror show all round except for the younger staff who were polite and helpful.American management take note,the old guard has to go ..

Room Tip: A. Lot better and cheaper hotels a short walk down the rd save 600 baht.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sebastian H

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Tromso, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

This is a great location. You get a free breakfast if you manage to wake up in the early hours. Also a free welcome drink. They have a pool and also good food in the restaurant. They have security in the first floor.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Back in Bangkok for the start and the end of the trip, like so many others.
As much as I like to try new things there is a sense of security and stability staying somewhere you know and are comfortable.
It's still great value for money, 1490 baht a night, great buffet breakfast, swimming pool, free drink, 30 mins Wi-Fi. Total free WiFi would be better, it will come eventually.
Near the sky train, nice staff.
Many will disagree but when you feel happy why go else where?

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank seancar29
Sakon Nakhon, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Some might view the Nana Hotel as time worn but this is a perfect place to stay for business or pleasure. The room I stayed in was clean, reasonable size and the aircon worked. I don't travel to live my day in a hotel room so I don't need more than this. Didn't try the breakfast or avail myself of the complimentary drinks but I'm sure they would be acceptable.

I should not that before my trip the hotel staff were most understanding and accommodating when my travel plans changed and I needed to amend my booking. Likewise, they did not bat an eyelid when I checked out early when sickness forced my return to UK.

Only 1 minor negative is the bathroom size. Functional but a little small.

I would happily stay here again and recommend others to do the same

Room Tip: I stayed on the 11th floor with no problems but haven't experienced other rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo