Nana Hotel
$464
Mandarin Oriental
$77
Priceline
All reviewsadult entertainmentsingle guybangkok postnight lifethe red light districtswimming poolbuffet breakfastbit datedflat screen tvroom safethe ground floorlarge bedyour doorstephot waterlaundry servicebars and restaurantssoi cowboy
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Over the last ten years or so, I've stayed here at least once every year. As in most hotels, there are some things you may wish were better. So this time I searched for alternative accommodation, but in the end I chose the Nana, anyway, mostly for their great breakfast buffés, with very efficient staff, great food and spotless cotton napkins. There are now safes in the rooms, and advanced flat-screen TVs. They still charge for Wifi, but this year I can surf with my mobile, so it was not a problem for me. As has been said by others, Nana may not be a good choice for families, explaining about the ladies of the night swarming about outside can be awkward. By the way, the price for my double room is 1.490 baht.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Duckie44
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I want to clearly state that l review this hotel as a solo traveler, because I consider that the reviews of other groups might be missleading for this concrete hotel.

To be fair, Nana does't give you the best "bang for the buck" in the Sukhumvit area. Actually I think that they should have gone out of business long time ago as there is much better deals in terms of quality-price. However, everytime I go to the Nana Hotel it's full or nearly full, they even can afford to refuse reservations based on nationality (blacks and arab).

Nana hotel has an added value, it offers a unique experience, that I would dare to say, no other hotel can offer you in the world.
So how does it all explain?

The girls are everywhere, parking lot, lobby, even in the corridors, sometimes the can sexually harass you, but not a problem for me. As a man it's funny to feel that, now you understand what Justin Bieber feels. Something that all men will never expirience.
Beeing near Nana Plaza is very convenient because if you want to take a girl to your room, she will be pleased to know that she doesn't have to go somewhere far away, and if you like short time, she will even have the chance to go back to work and you will be able to cut down some hundred bath in the negociation.
Another good point is that in this hotel, guests are more tolerant to certain behaviours, for example, you go along the corridor with a nana girl, intoxicated, you both giggle, sing, whatever... or the girl next door will start screming of plesure. I am aware that I stay at Nana Hotel, I will not complain about it, but I hope other guest will be tolerant with me if I happen to outburst my happyness. Of corse we know there is certain limits.
This hotel is not a good place if you like to sleep early, if you stay here, it's assumed you will be hanging out till late indulging on sex and alcohol, so keep that in mind, if you like somewhere to relax there is many hotels that will suit your needs, but not this one.
The buffet breakfast is good, and you can see the outcome of last night, many old guys with beautiful girls, ceirtanly not the regular crowd on a buffet breakfast. From my point of view, it's fun to watch.

OK, let's go to the rooms, the style is old and retro but for me it's a charming point. The sheets felt clean for me. I read another review from a girl claiming she had to sleep with her clothes on, because she felt it was dirty. haha. Don't let that information misslead you! This room is ok for any man and for any thai girl. Some fussy white girls will never be happy with what the have and will always complain. I didn't see any, but if you can't put up some little stain on the carpet, this is not your hotel. Hygene is correct but don't expect the ultimate pulcrity either.

So... to sum up, this hotel provides a different expirience from other hotels, that in my case, pays off the overprice. Now you have to wonder what kind of person are you and you'll make the right choice. Good luck!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
18  Thank johnny L
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Certainly not recommended for a person who likes to be healthy. There are sex workers every where. Even the sex tourists hate this hotel. Not safe. Avoid this hell. There are plenty of other good options like IBIS NANA is on the same street.

Room Tip: Avoid almost every part of this hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank ramsan
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This was my first trip to Thailand & I stayed at the Nana Hotel as it was recommended to me by a friend. It is in a truly great location for nightlife. I found some of the staff to be very friendly, but others made you feel most unwelcome - as if they barely tolerate guests . There are safe boxes in the rooms & at the hotel reception. Reception is open 24 hours & security also operates 24 hours. I found the room spacious but plain, similar to low-end business hotels the world over & at around $50 a night it would be great value for Europe, but seems a little expensive for Asia. There was a tv & a fridge in the room. Buffet breakfast? Who get's up at that time of the morning? I didn't! Overall I'd rate it as safe, but forgettable.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank DavyWillson
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Appalling place, but I love it. Buffet Breakfast is included and the fruit is wonderful, as is the seeded brown bread for toasting. It's a 3 course meal on it's own, no cereals though. Actually, I have become very fond of some members of staff, there are smiles to be had. I am told that it is a co-operative company and some staff have worked there for decades.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are twice the size, otherwise identical to standard
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo