Temple of the Golden Buddha (Wat Traimit)
Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Bangkok’s Inspiring Buddhist temples

Book in advance
from
$34.36
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Temple of the Golden Buddha (Wat Traimit)
from $34.37
from $78.85
from $59.17
from $10.92
8,172 results
All reviews solid gold chinatown area entrance fee shoes wat tourists architecture dress floor baht statues thai mrt complex
Selected filters
Reviewed July 27, 2019

Easy to get to. Very busy. Nice to see if you are into Buddhist temple styles. The large Golden buddha statue is magnificent. The grounds are moderate, but it is in between major roads in the city.

2  Thank Sukhdev S
Reviewed July 26, 2019 via mobile

Aside from befriending with two nice siblings from South Korea on tour, I was and still is not a fan of Buddha. Maybe being Catholic and a bit more appreciative of cities than temples has to do with me being selective. The weather was unbearably hot that day and wearing pants as a requirement to step on the temple grounds was an inconvenience. I even grumbled as I was forced to buy a pair since I wore shorts.

God bless those who love their experiences. I suggest you to keep an open mind by reading other reviews about visiting the temple before you go.

Date of experience: June 2019
2  Thank Mike D
Reviewed July 26, 2019

I visited this temple with a private guide, Without whom would have made this trip hard and I would not have learnt what I did.

The building the golden Buddha is housed in is a new building (lights built into the stairs type new)

From what you are told the Buddha is solid 18 carat gold and weight of 5 tonnes, I do doubt that as if the Buddha is as old as they say to mine that amount of gold then or even by todays standards is unlikely. However the complex is nice and was an enjoyable experience.

2  Thank Adam P
Reviewed July 26, 2019 via mobile

The incredible temple of the Golden Buddha was fascinating to see. In the centre, there the Buddha sat, looking calm, as if he was meditating. Around him, were other statues of gods. There was eye-catching detail of the paintings on the doors. The only problem was that it was a very steep climb.

2  Thank KeyaTheExplorer
Reviewed July 25, 2019 via mobile

Nice temple but not our favorite in BKK. Relatively small main room on the highest floor of the temple with the golden Buddha and pretty crowded. Personnel was pretty rude.
Good one to see but wouldn’t return (like to wat pho or wat arun).

2  Thank travelphil82