Open today: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Wat Benchamabophit (The Marble Temple)
from $35.34
from $27.90
from $13.72
1,342 results
All reviews italian marble white marble imported from italy ordination hall king rama v buddha images throne hall peaceful place worth a visit golden buddha entrance fee tuk tuk grand palace architecture tourists buddhist cloisters
Selected filters
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The visit to this temple was great. There were only a few people there so we could have a good look around. The Buddhas in different poses from the different countries in the courtyard at the back was interesting. The temple itself was majestic and beautifully presented. Don't forget the sarong though. We walked back from the temple to the Khaosan Road area - quite a long walk past Dusit Park and the Rama V monument, but achievable if you have the time and energy.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Very ornate, lots of marble. Was interesting. Remember when visiting temples your shoulders and knees should be covered.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

You may take tuk tuk or taxi here, is a nice temple to visit, no entrace fees needed.
You may spent less than 1 hour here for photo taking and praying

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I really like this temple, it was sparsely attended to when I was there, which was nice as it is a real oasis of tranquility and peace.
Take the time to explore the back courtyard of the temple and take it the remarkable architecture, it is truly stunning. Also there are many Buddhas and places for reflection under cover, plus eskies of cool water, for a few baht donation. Time disappeared then got chatting to a lovely monk there who explained many of the deities around Lord Buddha and we had a short prayer together before he gave me a blessing.. I was buzzing for the rest of the day..BTW, Loha Prasat is just down the road, make it your next stop!

Date of experience: April 2013
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

The day I visited I vitally had the place to myself. The architecture was truly beautiful, both inside and out. The topiary was also very beautiful and someone obviously spends a out of time doing it. Inside I had time to reflect and the whole time I spent there was a very spiritual experience.

Date of experience: March 2013