The Manhattan Sukhumvit Bangkok
$608
$442
  • Pool
1,219 results
All reviewskorean restaurantwalking distancesoi cowboytravel deskasok stationbit datedbuffet breakfastnight liferooms are cleanearly checkconvenient locationshopping mallsukhumvitterminalbathtubtailorfi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have now stayed at the Manhattan three times over eight years and have never been disappointed. The rooms are large enough and have all the expected fixtures and fittings. The satellite channels are limited to five in English, but that is a minor quibble. I asked for a late checkout at 6pm, because my flight was not until 10.40pm. They charged me 900bht (about $27aud). I didn't mind, they could've charged me for a full night and I would've paid. Much better than spending eight hours at the airport.
The hotel is perfectly placed for the Sky train and the underground system, being five minutes walk from Asok which is next to Sukhumvit station on the underground.
I have stayed in several other hotels in Bangkok, but I keep coming back to the Manhattan because it ticks all the boxes.

Room Tip: I like to smoke. At the Manhattan the seventh floor is dedicated to smoking rooms. Obviously non-smokers should ask for another floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank NormGeelongAustralia
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Our first stop in our holiday to Bangkok and Vietnam. Walked into the hotel and we were blown away. You expect budget hotels to be somewhat exaggerated when you see the pictures online but this hotel lived up to all that and more. The rooms were huge, the food in the hotel restaurant was good if a little pricey, the staff were very friendly and the hotel is located in the a very central and convenient location. Be it food, shopping, cinema, "entertainment" its all there within walking distance. I would recommend this hotel as a great place to stay for anyone.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Good value hotel with a great pool, comfortable rooms and many restaurants along the street and nearby shopping mall area. This was my second trip to Thailand, and my staying at Manhattan, I think that I would come back again this year.
The people who complaint here should consider the price they paid, I mean you can't expect 5* Hilton for this price with no issue, BE REALISTIC and fair!
But for the money is great.

Room Tip: Very close to BTS.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Ocean_Paul
Reviewed July 29, 2012

If you want the latest whizzbangery, get one of the new hermetically sealed, one looks like the others type places, where the staff are decked out in Ruritanian outfits. The Manhattan celebrates its golden jubilee in 2015. That makes it only a little younger than me. I have a soft spot for the old girl. As you repeat stays, staff remember you even if the break has been 1 - 2 years. I most like the size of the rooms and the WiFi works well.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Pearler47
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Actually i was expecting a nice and modern modern hotel to stay. But i found the hotel was quite old (i think the building was almost 50 years old). Well, actually the hotel was okay, i had no complaints at all about it, even though my friend found a cockroach in her room. I'm pretty sure the management really need to consider a massive renovation to the hotel. The carpets, the doors, the lock, the walls, the shower, all need to be renovated. I feel very gloomy inside the room.

The location was good, it is located near the BTS, and there are several shopping mall around. But it is a good choice for budget travelers out there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends