“Comfortable”

Ranked #302 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
singapore
“Comfortable”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I would like to thanks antie Rapeepan 1333 for always doing a fast and clean job in cleaning my room.This hotel is centrally located at town and near to most shopping area so you can go to most places by foot and not be caught in the busy bangkok traffic. It has big rooms with very good mattress (seally) also for a good night sleep unlike the others.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed February 7, 2014

This was my first stay at this hotel, the location is great, close to Platinum shopping complex and Pratunum shopping area. There are loads of markets set up around the hotel and plenty to look at every night.
The staff I would say did not interact with us much at all, other than when we checked in. At the time of check in, I inquired about having a late checkout - which I had requested when I booked us in for 13 nights. I was told by the front desk that if I wanted a late checkout it would cost me 3500Bht (AUD $112), which I found to be ridiculous considering the amount we had already paid for our lengthy stay in a Family Suite. We declined and then had to sit in the lobby until our pickup at 8.00pm. As my companions were elderly ladies on walking sticks we were unable to wander around for that amount of time, with luggage. They did hold our luggage in the lobby for us though, which we appreciated. The breakfast was good, with loads of choices for everyone's tastes.
Another downside is the lack of free Wi-Fi within the hotel or rooms ... with a high charge of 150Bht per hour to use it. There are a couple of internet places down the road and across the street, although if you 'Like' the Indra Regent Hotel on Facebook, then you can have free access to the computers in the Business Centre in the Lobby between the hours of about 9am - 6pm.
For the location alone I would consider re-visiting this hotel, but I think they need to install free Wi-Fi within the hotel as an added incentive to stay there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Peela P
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This Hotel served me perfectly during my stay in Bangkok. It is so central to all of the major inner city attractions, yet the rooms are nicely sound proofed for a good night sleep.
As I was making a short film while in Thailand, this central spot proved useful as a base for my production equipment.

Here is the film I made:

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 4, 2014

we were in bangkok for a short 3d2n getaway and having checked in to this hotel for 2 nights. I must say it wasn't a pleasant experience right from the moment we stood at the reception being attended by one of the hotel receptionist. True enough if you have read through all the bad/terrible reviews here, you would notice 2 things: 1) they all have a common thing - bad customer service and hotel attendants well trained in getting every baht out of you haha 2) general manager is prompt to apologize and respond to the reviewer.

Needless to say from the bad customer service we experienced right from the moment we were checking in, i thought we regretted a little bit for over reacting in the money-faced responses we get from the hotel staff (since we are in a foreign land, been asked for tips can be quite common) but apparently felt now that their customer service was beyond normal expectations for a hotel so to speak.

We did manage to see the manager and explained the kind of service we got was really bad, the manager on duty was polite to us and show us the kind of hospitality that is acceptable of a hotel. I'm not sure if it is because of the suite the class of room that we booked with them, hence giving them the benefit of doubt. So throughout the 2 nights, we felt terrible and somewhat guilty when we wanted to inquire with the hotel reception as the staff whom we reported to the manager was on duty both days, but had he not tried to scam or threaten us, we would not have been upset / reported the incident.

Fair enough, the hotel location was pretty good, there is a shopping mall on the first floor, near to baiyoke hotel, pratunam market and some of the shopping malls in the vicinity about a short 10 mins walk. Suite room - underneath the bed was full of spider webs, only realized it when I dropped something on the floor and was trying to 'feel' for it by brushing the floor near the edge of the bed with my foot. :( TV reception was not very good although there were few good international channels available. Curtains do not look clean, the bathrobes had a bad smell on it.

Do read up what the others reviewed, i guess those individual bad experiences are unique yet similar in some areas so I guessed its not too bad a gauge for you to pick the hotel of your choice. ;) I hope the staff can receive appropriate trainings on good hospitality and customer service that will in turn benefit the hotel and make the hotel stay experience a much pleasant one. Cheers.

Room Tip: If you are worried about getting a bad deluxe room, suggest that you get the suite which I think wou...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank frossiebombom

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

I chose Indra Regent because I had stayed before and quite enjoyed it. Not the case this time. We stayed twice over the Christmas period while transiting through Bangkok. The hotel has lost its charm. The rooms don't get serviced (on the 16th floor) until about 3 in the afternoon. Broken towel rails stay broken. Sink drains that clearly don't work are not attended to. A cigarette butt left lying next to the elevator on the carpet stayed there for days. There were cockroaches in one of the rooms we stayed in.

I suggest you don't get laundry done here. It's done well but at horrendous prices. Can't believe what we got charged.

There's a reason why the Indra is the 353rd hotel out of 760 on Trip Advisor.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights at the Family Suite, it was really just 2 adjoining rooms. Breakfast was average. Rooms were average.

Good location to stay in during the Bangkok shutdown election, as its 5 min walk to the airport rail link, so we were more or less prepared to leave for the airport via the train if anything happens.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hanoi
Reviewed February 2, 2014

This hotel is in the centre of the shopping district of Bangkok. It is a comfortable, pleasant hotel with helpful staff. Only complaint was there was no free Wi-Fi, so we had to go across the road to an internet café or pay very expensive rates in the hotel.
McDonalds on site which the kids like.
Breakfast was quite good and plentiful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family