“Disappointing Stay”

Ranked #298 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Thailand
“Disappointing Stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I understood it was low season but my last stay with this hotel is was the worst I have ever had.

The breakfast was not eatable , rooms old and run down. Water system not working correctly.

The staff at check out were unfriendly, and made a number of mistakes with the account.

This hotel has now has taken on the backpacker cliental. Teh beds had been changed to teh cheap beds thatwere rock hard.

I hace stayed many times before but this trip was last one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
UdomIRH, General Manager at Indra Regent Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear niffy61,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the disappointment on this occasion. Your feedback has been addressed with relevant departments in order to improve their performance. Regarding beds, there are some rooms with firmer beds which some guests prefer. For guests who are not used to firm beds, we do offer soft mattress toppers available upon request from Housekeeping.
We hope to have a chance to show you our improvement on your next visit to Bangkok.
Udom V.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is an easy Hotel to get to and from airport. You just catch the train from the bottom of airport and it is the 2nd to last stop and it is only 100m from the hotel lobby for 40 Bht in 30mins . The hotel is centrally located and surrounded by both market and high end shopping. MBK and Siam square are a 20min walk. Staff are courteous and the hotel is clean, with pool gym and OK breakfast.
It is all a little tired but was very good value for money. We would definitely stay again simply because the access to the airport is so quick and cost effective.
Avoid the wifi as it is costly, but we found a coffee shop 200m away with free WiFi.
As a base for shopping in Bangkok this is pretty good, but not a 5 star luxury destination Hotel.

1 Thank Brent F
Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I've traveled to Bangkok a number of times. But this time, it was a company trip where I've no say over the accommodation.

Well, this is the first & last time I'm returning to this hotel. Upon entering the hotel, the lobby already has a stench smell. After checking in, took the lift up, to my horror, the whole place is so dark without sufficient lighting. Nevertheless, we settle down into the room before heading out.

Location was rather convenient with MacDonald just right beside the ground lobby. Pratunam Market minutes walk away. Platinum Fashion Mall is about 15 minutes walk away. Nevertheless, I'd still choose to stay away from this place from my next stay. Cause at night, this area can be quite rowdy.

After shopping for a day and returning back to the hotel, we became to feel a little itchy. Couldn't stand it anymore and head out to 7-eleven across the street to get pesticides. Well, that got rid of the itch. I began to wonder if they do thorough cleaning in the carpet.

There's no bedroom slippers provided, so if you're anal about it, bring your own or get a cheap slipper here. There's no safe box, if you want to request for it (my colleagues did but it came with a spoilt one); I suggest you just bring your valuables along with you. The hotel doesn't look safe to me.

Breakfast to my horror was unimaginably distasteful. Our breakfast was in the open terrace while I don't know why we aren't given the privilege to go to the indoor one. Maybe Asian and Caucasians are treated differently. Food in the indoor restaurant taste a 100 times better. If you're having breakfast at the outdoor one - I suggest MacDonald;d would be a better choice.

My 4D3N stay was quite a miserable stay minus out the shopping.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Miyenji
UdomIRH, General Manager at Indra Regent Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Miyenji,
Thank you for sharing your 3-nights experience on TripAdvisor and sincere apologies your stay was not a pleasant one.
I have raised your concerns with our maintenance team to get rid of strong smell by improving air circulation in the lobby as well as to make sure that lighting is sufficient on guest floors.
Please be informed all guestrooms come with personal safe however some may have been removed for repair. Guests are welcome to use safety deposit boxes free of charge at Reception.
Regarding breakfast venue, I would like to clarify that ‘Botanica’ (indoor venue) serves independent guests while ‘Garden Terrace’ (outdoor venue) serves tour/group guests. The food comes from the same kitchen and therefore should taste the same except the outdoor venue will have some different choices catering to the nationalities of the tour/group. Your comment has been passed to our chef for further improvement at Garden Terrace.
We strive to ensure all guests have a great stay at the Indra Regent and we will learn and improve wherever possible as a result of your feedback.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Udom V.

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Laurieton, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for six nights in July. Found the location very good and very close to some very good shops. However, we found the rooms very dated and quite grubby looking. Carpets looked like they are in dire need of a good shampoo. (Better still complete Replacement). The second night we stayed here there were a few "rowdy"people drinking beer around the pool and a bottle was broken at the pool edge. No signs saying not to drink and very little Staff supervision of this type of dangerous behaviour. Breakfast variety was quite good and the staff downstairs all performed well. Not happy having to pay for WiFi as this was only the 2nd hotel we had to pay for this facility in our 30 days in Thailand.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Once again we stayed at the best"Value for money hotel in Bangkok. The value for money and the location of this hotel is second to none Besides these two great things about the Indra Regent, you can add the fact that it has a good choice of breakfast food, both thai and western foods.Pool and gym are also very good

But,without a doubt the most valuable assets to this hotel are their staff. I would like to single out two of these valuable people. Mr Bob, a manager there. If we had any problems,this man was right on to it.Every time we need a hand, this man was there for us. Thank you Mr Bob. Also , i would like to say a special thanks, to Mr Manof at reception for all his help. This man is very professional and goes that extra mile for hotel guests.

All in all this should a must to stay at The Indra while in Bangkok'

Les Ursich and Trisha Rex

Room Tip: All are good, we stayed on a smokers floor,it was always clean
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Les & Trisha,
Thank you for being our frequent guest. We appreciate your high rating of our hotel. Your compliments have been shared with Mr. Bob and Mr. Manoch.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Gold Coast, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife & I were at the hotel from June 22-24 2013 for our 2nd honeymoon. We'd like to give a very special mention to Marisa Kongkatong for helping us with our booking as we have to reschedule due to my wife's ill health. She upgraded us to a deluxe room with complimentary fruit & flowers & a mattress topper upon our request.

I've stayed in the hotel many times before but this time there's marked improvement in the room with the hoptel refurbishment. Congratulations on the new restaurant - Botanica. Breakfast there is 5-stars. Atmosphere sets the mood right. It's nice to see a familiar face - Ms Kamulthip (#4195) who's always obliging & helpful to the guests.

On the downside, that time we're there, there was a 3-day conference & the massive luggage & noise was unbelievable. It was a battle to get the reception to talk to somebody.

The hotel is centrally located & Indra Square is a good shopping place. The hotel private car to go to the airport is good value for $500 baht one way. If taking tuk tuk, check out the fare first before getting in & don't presume the fare will be the same in the return trip.

Room Tip: Above 9th floor rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
37 Thank muddy39
UdomIRH, General Manager at Indra Regent Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear muddy39,
Thank you for your review. It is lovely to learn that you returned to Indra Regent Hotel for your 2nd honeymoon and enjoyed our Deluxe Room with breakfast at Botanica and that various members of our staff were helpful with your requests. It’s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again and wish you well until then.
New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed here twice in the past 3 weeks in a Junior Suite. Having stayed at the Hotel on 5 other occasions but some 8 years ago I was a bit nervous given the various reviews I had read. Well the positives, the hotel is still very well located, rooms are still clean and tidy and the 600baht charge for 24hrs internet usage in 30 days worked well for me as I was working an hour or so in the morning and again later in the day so the one charge covered me as I checked out of internet each tme. The negatives, the breakfast area is not as good as it was and the egg man being out by the pool is confusing (no signage meant that some guests did not even know he existed),the Bar used to hum on Friday/Saturday night but with no band - not the same, the reception still needs work - I don't know if it is the language difficulty or lack of discretion but the staff are not always as helpful as I would expect. I would still return because of location and the tarriff is competitive.