“Cheap and Nasty”
Review of Indra Regent Hotel

Indra Regent Hotel
Ranked #283 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed in Nov/Dec 2012 with family group of 12. Thought we would upgrade to a family suite which at least was big. The room is very dingy and shabby, carpet I dont think had ever been cleaned and the drapes were dusty.Had a very musty smell in all the rooms. The breakfast was shocking, service terrible you couldnt get a knife or fork when they had run out, nothing got refilled. The eggs were precooked and could have been used as a frisbee!! and the pancakes well!!! The only good thing is the location which is fantastic for markets and platinum mall etc. But next time I will certainly find a different hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank warbyfam

Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times due to its fantastic location to pratunum market/shopping etc all at your doorstep. We have always had good service & always a good breaky although I think all Thai hotels give you that. We are only in our room at night for sleep so for us the room is clean & suits the purpose. The only downfall would be the tiredness of this hotel and after my recent 5 night stay it really showed this time. Bare in mind though it is only 3.5* so....
As much as I have enjoyed staying here, sad to say I would not choose next time due to this & I am also finnished with this shopping area now.
My choice next trip would be Pathumwan Princess on top of MBK, great shopping and across from Siam for more glamour shopping. If you want glamour shopping only my choice next time is intercontinental which is close to Siam Paragon & Grayson Mall.
If you are watching pennies & want location then Indra Regent is it.

Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were fine, brekky was very good particularly the egg chef. Other meals were limited. However having a Maccafe in the foyer was great for a cappuccino although some of their English skills were
limited.

2  Thank Jastogo
Reviewed January 8, 2013

People at the front desk are very rude and not helpfull
they lost my clothing when doing the laundry and there atitude was unlucky go get some more
the only thing going for this joint is the location but I belive that there would be better hotels in the area
I would not stay hear again

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Craig S
UdomIRH, General Manager at Indra Regent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Dear Craig,

Thank you for choosing Indra Regent Hotel, and sincere apologies your experience was not a pleasant one.
I was very concerned to read of your experience with laundry service, particularly as we usually take pride in their standards. Our laundry staff are still not certain how the mix-up occurred since they always made sure that all garments were labeled and also no one came forward to claim the pair of shorts you have returned that was not yours. Due to this, we are sorry we are not able to waive your entire laundry bill as per your request.
Regarding your comment on ‘bad service’, kindly rest assured that we will follow-up with the staff mentioned to provide good service at all times.
We appreciate it that you are sharing your experience, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future. If you need any further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gm@indrahotel.com.

Yours Sincerely,
Udom V.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

In this Hotel is Very Worst Service also Receptionist very rude with me
Bell boy duty time fully drunk , Room service is very poor,
i book throught this hotel in Agoda check inn period 28 DEC 12 To 30 DEC 12 Room Type Family Suite , booking under the name of MEMOM / MOHAMEDUSMAN MR BOOKING ID NO : 25136308
Agent Request to Late Check out 5pm , Hotel Manager Accept untill 3pm
but receptionist say 11:30 checkout other wise take all the luggage out and locked the room,
i stay with my family and kids explain to that reception abt everything she cant listen anything,
she will send the bell boy to my room and collect all luggage, when the bell boy come to my room first the fall my kids affried boz of that bell boy fully drunked in the duty time , we totally upset ,About this problems we inform to Agent already ,
I suggest to everyone pls try to void to say this hotel ,
if anybody want to stay in Indra market please choose Amarie Water Gate
that is good and cleaness

Room Tip: Dont choose this hotel in ur life , in my life got lot of problems in this hotel is my suggestion...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank seyedbkk
UdomIRH, General Manager at Indra Regent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Seyed,

Thank you for staying at Indra Regent Hotel and for updating TripAdvisor. Kindly accept my sincere apologies for any unfavourable impressions that may have arisen during your stay. We request for your understanding that late check-out until 5pm is not possible during the period of your stay due to high occupancy. However, there was miscommunication regarding agreed check-out time which our front office manager had later followed up with a personal apology.
I have also raised your review with the reception and bell staff mentioned to improve their hospitality. Please feel free to contact me directly at gm@indrahotel.com for any future assistance.

Yours Sincerely,
Udom Vanichkajorn

Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

At this age of years if you still need to pay 250Bhat(USD8) / hour for wifi.....

I can't believe this.....its also attached with McDonalds for public located at the ground floor...the front desk lady staff even waived rudely requesting me to be at the counter and I warned her on the rudeness as she has to be aware she's in hospitality industry....speechless....

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Good location. Attach to Indra Sq budget shopping Mall with foot court @ Lev.3. Watson, 7-11, Mac', street shopping are just outside the hotel. It is 10 min walk to Platinum Mall, Ratchaparap Sky train Station. Taxi fare to MBK Shopping Mall , Paragon Mall,Siam Centre costs abt. 65 baht. Never take "tuk tuk" as it is very much more costly than taxi, dangerous and tend to cheat tourists. Fr.old airport Don Mueang to Pratunam is abt 250-300baht. Hotel staff is very friendly. Hotel room is a bit run down. Chose room with odd no. to avoid traffic noise. WC flushing is very noisy. Breakfast is so so. When walking round the busy and crowded street markets along the small lane , esp. in front of Baiyoke Suite Hotel, beware of pick pockets and tugs who use knife to slice open lady's bag and steal the purse. You can book package tour at a desk counter in front of lift lobby. The counter girl is very friendly, speak good English. It is convenient, safe and more reliable.

Room Tip: Chose Room with even number , example 1425 rather than 1426 to avoid traffic noise. However you can...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family