The Peninsula Bangkok(Bangkok)
$204
$124
$93
$65
All reviewssuan plubedroom apartmentserviced residencetuk tukwashing machine and dryerhome away from homelocal marketsathorn roadfull kitchenpool and gymlong stayliving areaquiet locationdefinitely stay here againfree shuttlebuffet breakfaststreet food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 30, 2013

My family stayed at Somerset Park Suanplu from 23 to 30 Nov at Rm 1205. We left on 30 Nov and encountered unpleasant and obnoxious attitude by the doorman (the chap in white hat and coat). I requested for a taxi to the airport for 4 pax and 2 bags. He said I should get a large cab which costs 800 baht. I insisted for a normal cab which I had used before travelling from the airport to hotel which costs 360 baht. He went ahead and asked the travel agent travel agent seated next to the door to order a large cab which I refused to accept. He was obviously peeved when I insisted on this and showed his displeasure and not helpful in helping us at the door.

I strongly suspect a scam in that someone is receiving commission in insisting I take a cab for 800 baht. Future travellers to this hotel please be aware of this.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank desmondoh
Valter N, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear desmondoh,

Thank you for your review of the taxi departure incident.
I am sorry to hear of your unhappiness with the treatment received from one of our doorman and I sincerely apologise for this.
Whilst we normally receive such wonderful praises for their service, on this occassion I am sorry that they have not provided such.
We do have large private taxis operators on standby most times for the purpose of transferring guests with large amounts of luggage or people that normally do not fit into a regular taxi. They charge a flat fee for this service.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to address your concerns as I condone any such behaviour and am discussing your feedback with all Guest Service staff so we can continue to improve our service.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope we can serve you better on your next stay.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We stayed here for 16 nights in November 2013. Its not 5 star however it is very clean and comfortable. Our apartment had a full kitchen and laundry. The bed was comfortable and the bedroom was spacious. The pool is good, the spa was out of order (they said they are fixing it next year) and it has a fantastic gymnasium.
They offer a free tuk tuk service every half hour to the sky train. Its close to some fantastic restaurants (try Ill Bolognese-fantastic), and local food and shopping.
The staff are wonderful..very polite and courteous.
Its a 20 minute taxi ride to Sukhumvit rd from here.
I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Valter N, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear Steve H,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Somerset Park Suanplu.

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. At the same time, we are happy to have met your expectations in service and quality standards. Receiving such positive feedback from our residents motivates us to further improve our commitment to delivering good service.

Once again, thank you for your valued patronage. From all of us at Somerset Park Suanplu, we look forward to welcoming you again at any one of our serviced residences.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Sadly our long weekend in Bangkok for my partner’s birthday has been really spoiled by this hotel! We arrived very early at the Somerset Park Hotel due to a change in flights plans, and to our surprise we were treated with complete indifference to the point of blatant rudeness. Instead of being offered any hospitality we were told that if we wanted an early check in we would have to pay half of the room rate, but not for the room in which we would stay, for the most expensive room and in addition for that also had to pay full price for breakfast.

Just out of principle we declined and from that point on were ignored and left sitting in the lobby for about six hours until quite late that morning when we approached the front desk again to inquire when our room would be available and to present my partner's business card as a fellow hotelier to the duty manager, we still have not had an acknowledgement of his greeting.

I would love to be able to give this hotel a positive review, but I find myself quite unable to do so purely on the basis of our first six hours there, about four of which I spent asleep on a couch in the lobby! I have stayed in many hotels on my travels around Asia and have never been treated so poorly.

1  Thank Philip A
Valter N, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear Phillip A,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I have investigated with the staff concerned.
Whilst we do try to accomodate guests as quickly as possible on arrival, on this occassion we were unable to assist.
November and December are one of our busiest periods of the year and on your arrival at approx 4:00hrs (am) , your room type booked (1 bedroom) was not available as we were fully booked in that room type.
Our normal check in time is from 14:00hrs.
We do recommend to all guests arriving early, especially before 8am to please pre-register the day before so as you can then proceed to your room on arrival.
The only room available at that very early time of your arrival was a 2 bedroom which unfortunately we could not upgrade you to complimentary.
Breakfast is included in your rate the next morning as it is part of your room rate and the breakfast rates advertised as applicable by our operator.
Phillip A, we are sorry if we had failed to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. We hope to be able to welcome you again and have another opportunity to serve your better.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed at Somerset Residences for 2 nights during our stay in Bangkok.The apartment was very spacious and well maintained.It had a big living room,a kitchenette and a master bedroom with an attached balcony (with a good view of Bangkok Skyline).The bed was really comfortable.

The breakfast spread was good.The salad section was really fresh. But apart from regular bread and croissants; not that many options for vegetarians. My husband, however, a core non-vegetarian had a blast :-)

The hotel is not walkable from the nearest BTS station (Sala Daeng). It is around 5-7 mins ride by a TukTuk and usually costs around 50 Baht. However,the hotel provides a free TukTuk(9 am to 6 pm) to Sala Daeng, where one has a lot of options for street food,restaurants and shopping.

Overall a very decent property with courteous staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Valter N, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Moushmi_0601,

Many thanks for your review of your recent stay at Somerset Park Suanplu.

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

At the same time, we are happy to have met your expectations in service and quality standards. Receiving such positive feedback from our guests motivates us to further improve our commitment to delivering good service.

The walking time to the nearest BTS or MRT station is approx 15 minutes. Thanks for pointing out that we operate a free scheduled Tuk Tuk transfer service to BTS Sala Daeng or a taxis is approx THB50 each way depending on traffic.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We are currently staying here and so far very good . The room is quite large with a very comfortable bed and a large living area. The buffet breakfast has a large range and with a egg station. Also the restaurant has great food at reasonable prices. The shower on the bath is the only downer but overall I highly recommend this as a place to stay. The staff are extremely helpful and their English quite good.There is 2 stations 10 mom walk or a complimentary tuk tuk.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Valter N, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear missingscrew,

Thank you for your on line feedback.
We were delighted to learn that you are enjoying your stay with us.
At the same time, we are happy to be meeting your expectations in service and quality standards. Receiving such positive feedback motivates us to further improve our commitment to delivering good service.
I do note that you mention an issue with the shower over the bath. Please do ask for me so I can attempt to have the problem resovled.
Please enjoy the rest of your stay with us.