Lowest prices for your stay
$41
Free cancellation until 10/22/21
Hotels.com$43
Travelocity$43
Prestigia.com$84
All reviews bedroom apartment tuk tuk washing machine fully equipped kitchen breakfast was included street food gym tennis washer shopping dryer skytrain baht convenience soi
Selected filters
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed in hotel in July2012, in two room apartment. Rooms are very spacious, but I think they need to refurnish and clean some more ... the rooms get in age a bit.
Stuff very friendly, very helpful.
Hotel have perfect location, few minutes away from the main South Sathorn road.
Wonderful city view from apartment terrace
Only one thing I disliked- AC is very noisy
Everything else is very, very good… Feel pleasant in hotel. Perfect for long stay.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank zoran v
polevalter, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Traveller,
Thanks for your review of you stay with us in July this year.
As we offer apartment style accommodation, every room is equipped to suit either a long or short stay guest. The flexibility of being able to cook in your room and have a separate bedroom (s) / bathroom (s) is certainly one of the best features when compared to hotel style accommodation.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Somerset in the near future.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

rooms in this hotel are immense. we had 1-bedroom apartment, which actually meant a huge sitting room, comfortable bedroom, fully equipped kitchen, walk- in closet, wc and bathrom, and balcony.
rooms are very well equiped although it is apparent that they would deserve refurbishment like new furniture, flat-screen TV's, etc.
fitness room is incredible for a hotel- spacious, several cardio machines, enough weights, perfect view trough panoramic windows. size of the pool is very OK, water too cold for me.
location of the hotel is ok, close to great lumpini park,but you have to walk to metro ca.15 min. no problem for us but some might mind. breakfest is fair enough.

Room tip: the higher you are the better view you have and further from the street noise you are.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Traveller,
Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate your comments about the apartment stylke accommodation that allows guests the flexibility of being in a self contained apratment.
The residence will commence some renovations in 2013.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Hi,

I stayed here from the 8-10 January 2012. I did stay here also for six months in the late nineties when I first moved to Thailand.

The place has changed names several times during this period. I always loved the location and the magnificent garden setting. It has a free tuk tuk service to various downtown destinations.

I stayed in January in a one bedroomed spacious self contained apartment. It had plenty of space with a living room and kitchenette and separate bedroom. It has a swimming pool on I believe the second floor although on this occasion I did not make use of it.

The premises have indoor parking and Somerset is quite a favourite of long term business people and a good clientele. There is a ground floor restaurant and coffee shop serving decent food at reasonable prices that is located to the left on entrance opposite reception. They do have business facilities at reception.

We were taken care of promptly and efficiently. I would recommend these serviced apartments for business travellers or for those wishing to have the freedom to take care of themselves. There were slight signs of some areas ageing that will need upgrading shortly.

Room tip: The rooms vary as they have one and two bedroomed apartments. Ask to view is the best advice.
Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
polevalter, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Many thanks for your informative review of your stay last Januray. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is my first time stay with my friends in such apartment hotel.Bellman Jit is super kind and helpful.He always gave us much useful information and smile.One disadvantage is the location.But anyway,our staying is comfortable.

Date of stay: July 2012
polevalter, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Marin_0709,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay.
I am pleased to read my staff were able to provide great service during your stay.
Whilst we are not located in the middle of a busy shopping area, it is very easy and convenient to get to the Skytrain by our free scheduled tuk tuk service or by taxis. Bangkok city is relatively easy to get around in and we hope that you will stay with us again in the future. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I spent 7 nights here recently in a single bedroom apartment. Overall the experience was good.

Positives 1. Room was large with a living area, kitchen (fridge and microwave were most welcome) and a closet. King sized bed was nice. Lots of natural light from balcony into bedroom. 2. Cleaning service was prompt and efficient. 3. Buffet breakfast selection was above average. 4. Location is good for business travellers heading into Silom and Sathorn. Hotel tower is away from road separated by a large garden. There is a local market nearby and several roadside and family restaurants nearby. Sarahn Relax is a spa next door and rates are reasonable, 450 baht for 2 hr Thai massage. I went 3 times. Hotel provides a half hourly tuktuk to Sala Daeng train station. Lots to see, buy and eat at Sala Daeng area. 5. Price was value for money, abt US$50/night. Would recommend the larger apartments for families.

Negatives - 1. Pillows were a little too soft for my liking. 2. Airconditioning system was loud even at lowest fan speed setting. 3. TV in the living room is a flat screen but the one in the bedroom is a CRT. Sort of odd. 4. Bathroom is not connected to bedroom. That's sort of unexpected but not too weird for one bedroom apartment. 5. Room colour scheme was somewhat dull, lots of beige. Some contrasting colour would have made room more stylish. 6. A larger pool and sun deck area would have been nicer. 7. Hotel spa rates are pricey for Bangkok.

1  Thank gurms
polevalter, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for your constructive feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased to read that overall you did enjoy the stay experience. I have noted all your comments and will try to incorporate changes where possible.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.