“worst hotel to stay”

Prince Palace Hotel
Ranked #388 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed July 24, 2013

i stayed in this hotel for three night since i extended my trip and my previous hotel was overbooked to give us extension. so we decided to stay in a 3-4 star category near some shopping area like bobae market and we chose prince palace. we stead in 3 bedroom prince suite. upon our check in we waited for 30 mins because our room was being made up. after 45 minutes when we asked the reception that can we go to our room he said that yes the room is done. when we reached the room we were shocked to see the condition it was not cleaned and it was as dirty as on could hardly imagine. it smelled a lot. everything was in a mess. we called reception and then again after 30 mins they sent a cleaner.after an hour when we got a clean room it was still pathetic to stay in. broken furniture. stained wall papers and washrooms. no toiletries no tissues. broken smoke alarms. the air conditioners were leaking. uncomfortable beds.it was just like a one or two star hotel. the staff was very rude. on our breakfast we requested him to join the tables for the family , he made a terrible face and went away. the breakfast was as poor as it could be. no dinning options near except thai food.the location down the hotel is all very dirty except a bob a tower there is no option to pass time. it happened all the three nights that their AC stopped working at 3 or 4 am in morning. and thats not all on our checkout when the house keeping surveyed the room she found a broken tea cup , the hotel blocked our security deposit and charged us 100 THB for the cup. this hotel does not know how to treat their customers.

Room Tip: i don't recommend any room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Umair L

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I am a season traveller. I was there with my family during the holidays . Hotel stay is fine. Service is acceptable. Staff helpful ... food is great.. hotel may look old... but comfy and large room .However avoid touts and tour drivers whom pester to offer transportation but try to sell their package tour which is expensive and unreasonable.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank mikeong31
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed with our family with 2 young children. Arrived on an early flight and bonus was that we could check in late morning. Had an executive suite, which was large with ample room for extra children's bed, views towards the river were great night and day. Room was dated, old decor was like stepping back in time to the 70s. Comfortable stay but a tad over priced considering the state of furnishings, postage stamp sized pool, user pays amenities and facilities (wifi, gym etc), and the location that, while central city, wasn't close to major attractions. Was a good base for our stay though, with water taxi on the door and 15-30min tuk tuk trips to most of our destinations. Had a good stay but would look for better location and value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JaneAndRobJ
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had a 3 bedroom apartment (6 people comfortably) at the Prince Palace Hotel. It was was clean and the beds and pillows very comfortable. The pool was fantastic. The only down side to this hotel was that everything else apart from the pool cost extra -even the wifi cost to access (first hotel in Asia that I have stayed at that it was not included and it was expensive 100B for 10 min) the fitness centre was not included either (300B). Obviously this is not the end of the world (just a little disappointing) the location was fantastic. We caught the ferry up the canal (10B and 4 stops) to the shopping centre. Fantastic experience. There was also an excellent wholesale clothes market (3 shirts for 300B) and a fabulous food market. (40B for a big plate of chicken and Thai basil or fried rice) so the location was great.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank PIcrew
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This was my second stay in the Prince Palace and I returned because of its location.

Approx 26km drive from Suvarnabhumi Airport about a 40 minute drive dependant on Bangkok traffic you immediately on arrival hit Bangkok hectic ness as the hotel is located within a wholesale clothing market. Great for photographs.

The hotel itself has 2 swimming pools, one pool Is about a 5 minute walk away within the premises that most guests are not aware of. The main pool boasts excellent views of the Bangkok skyline with a bar for that sunset beer.

Located within easy distance approx 15 mins is the back pack haven of Kha Sahn Road a must visit. Chap Phraya River is near by and Patpong Night Markets with its numerous stalls selling fake goods with bars and all manor of adult entertainment.

Breakfast buffet is very good and service was excellent. Rooms are a little out dated in terms of decor but, then again your not there to admire the room. Overall an excellent base well located to discover one of South East Asia's popular cities.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank dunky75
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel was gorgeous and full of staff at every door. But.... We went into hotel and asked for room, they quoted 25% more than this website and refused to match it so we bought 15min of internet and booked this room online. From then the service went downhill. We got to the room and it was very very hot and stuffy. We got the aircon on and it didn't cool down much. Turned out 2 of 3 aircons didn't work and we sweltered. We reported to front desk. Went to breakfast next morning and they advised we had to pay despite being included in rate for 4ppl. Then told to pay for 1 person. it took 30min and asking for a manager to be sorted and another 20min before they worked out the front desk caused prob by putting wrong info in computer.
That arvo reported aircon again to front desk, they still did nothing. To cut a long story short, the came to look at aircon 30mins before checkout after notifying them 4 times in 2 days.
On checkout I requested a discount for no aircon. They got the manager who was rude, abrupt and dismissive. I explained the situation and he told me that I didn't report aircon problem and I should have told a manager not the front desk. He also said there was no record of complaints. He refused any discount. I told him I would pay 2000bt less than bill and that was it. He wouldn't accept that at all. I told him I was leaving and he blocked my way. He then offered 250bt discount and said I should have booked the room through the hotel and not online as they would have matched the rate anyway (liar liar pants on fire). I continued to explain that I was not paying for an nightmarishly hot stay because they didn't do their job properly. I asked him to take off 1 night and I would pay the rest of the bill for meals and stay. He again refused and threatened to call the police. I was happy for him to do that and went to the lifts. He blocked my way and eventually agreed to my offer. We will wait and see what he has charged to my credit card after I left !!! I would not recommend this beautiful hotel if it was the last one in Bangkok..

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank RobinP7
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Nice hotel with friendly staff, the rooms are a little bit old and unclean but spacious. Far from the main city attractions - surronded by of wholesale market and trading streets for locals. The services for everything is overprised. Nowhere to eat around.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends