Jim's Lodge
Priceline
$464
Mandarin Oriental
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have stayed here many times,its not your 5 star hotel,but it was decent enough with a very nice breakfast and polite staff. I would recommend this to the 1 to 2 night traveller.I have never had a problem staying here,and why would i?Its very reasonable.

Room Tip: All the rooms are pretty safe and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The only purpose actually of staying in Jim's lodge is the church, nothing else. Staff are polite, with basic English but the rooms are quite old and need renovation. Very near to shopping malls but you need to take the train to avoid traffic. Yes that, correct near convenient sore is the 7-eleven just opposite Holy Redeemer's.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank cristy-longbeach
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Reminds me of typical provincial hotels in the Philippines, smells quite old. Clean room, though. Not for those with heavy luggages since you have to go up/down a short flight of stairs after riding the elevator. Not really walking distance from the BTS. Staff are very friendly, accommodating, & helpful. Free Wi-Fi :)

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Recently I booked this hotel for my wife, she had business at the US Embassy. The hotel is in walking distance to Embassy so I thought it was a good location. Made reservation and received confirmation email. A few mins later received a phone call asking if I was a US citizen and if I live in Thailand. Told the woman on the other end that yes I was a US citizen but that I was in the US and my wife was a Thai citizen and that I booked the hotel for her. The woman asked me for my wife's phone number and I gave it to her. I thought they wanted to confirm the reservation with her. I found out from my wife the next day that the woman told her that the hotel does not allow Thai citizens to stay there or take reservations from Thai citizens and that they were canceling her reservation. I travel a bit and I will tell all my traveling friend to stay away from this hotel and I will ask them to tell their friends to stay away from this dump. It is up to you if you want to stay here and support such behavior.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joe A
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed in this hotel back in 2003 when I was single. No good if you want a family hotel because walls seem thin and you can hear whats going on next door... Quite a few desperate westerners seem to use this hotel for adult fun so if you have children its a no no.
Room OK if you want something cheap but smells of cigarette smoke in most of the rooms.

Staff seem friendly and food OK.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo