“good choice for business traveler”

Zenith Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #346 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed March 9, 2011

nice hotel, i like the room it has all i need with comfitble bed, nice bathroom, tv, reading chair and desk. breakfast choices is ok too.

swimming pool is a llovely place to rest in evening with view of city. nice and close to the BTS for to access shopping and markets and i think bumrungrad hospital is in the next block too very close. although the internet is expensive.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank timtimngn

Reviewed June 7, 2010

The hotel is though comfortable to stay with a a family; however, it's much over rated and over priced. I guess it's just due to advantage they get for Arabs coming in to stay there and ready to pay as much as the hotel wants. Another reason is the facility of Hospital in its vicinity, Bumrungrad, where all Arabs and few other rich foreigners come to get themselves treated. The bathrooms are small rooms decor is bland and outdated. 200 USD for a double bed per night is much more than what should be paid. I guess its worth is not more than 100 USD only. Everyday's breakfast for five days had become monotonous.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Fahim K
Reviewed March 26, 2010

Highly reccommended, ticked all our boxes. Clean room with good view. We only stayed for one night, but it's very close to everything we wanted - such as the Skytrain. Staff very friendly but struggled with English. We arrived hours earlier than planned but they had our room made ready after a short wait in the bar for us. Roof top pool is superb, also make sure you check it out at night!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank paulalorrayne
Reviewed March 1, 2010

The pool here is spectacular! Everything was nice - But it's the pool that is the big attraction! The hotel gets 4 stars from me. I enjoyed the welcome drink. It really tasted good - not the fruity punch, kool-aid flavor. The room was definitely substantial - clean and spacious. Flat screen TV with English stations. Marble bathroom. - Be sure to pack a bath pillow! Safe for single, female travelers.

I booked through Asiaroom.com as this site offers the best rates. I was to arrive at 4:30 PM Christmas day so I had to pay a compulsory Christmas dinner add on fee. (I prepaid online in June for Dec.) I paid 3,859 B nights ($225.86 US) for 2 nights. I requested a late check in and booked a non-smoking, Queen size with full board base room. (,,,Not exactly sure difference what the board base makes?) My room was equipped with a Queen size and King size bed. The room was very nice.

This is a lot to pay for a Thailand hotel but well worth it! If you want to be at the higher end of the scale or just treat yourself! - This is the place! This hotel is clean, roomy and comfortable. I had a room high up. It is quiet even though close to Bumrungrad Hospital and is on a soi lined with stalls and shops.

I noticed a singer in the hotel restaurant Christmas evening but I didn't go inside to eat as most hotels have bad food. There is an abundance of street food outside the hotel. (...I didn't know how good the food was until I ate breakfast the next day!)

Some Arabs go here as they can afford it. Pay no mind if you happen to encounter an Arab wearing traditional clothing with his wife wearing a Burka. They mind their own business and won't even look at you. I shared the elevator with a couple. All had good manners and very polite and not the least bit interested in Western woman. None were at the pool.

Big restaurant with excellent variety of food. Best Thai food buffet for breakie that I've ever eaten in a hotel! Also has American food and what ever Arabs eat. (...Sorry?) Including a Thai chef to cook personal omelets with all the condiments.

OMG! The pool is breath taking! The huge, gorgeous pool has a spectacular view of the city as the pool is on the roof. I took these photos early in the morning at 6 AM and it was still spectacular! The pool is in the sun all day! - This is a rarity in Bangkok! Do yourself a favor... the pool alone is worth it!

Safety box is in room. There is a 2000 Baht deposit for the room key etc. 340 Baht from the airport plus 2 tolls (30 Baht and 40 Baht toll) on highway to hotel. My taxi got off the highway as it was jammed. Airport fee of 50 Baht must have been included.

Email cafe is directly across the street inside a store. Lovely helpful lady owns it and speaks beautiful English and Thai. She can write Thai for you if you need directions for taxi. (...for a small fee of course.) She charges 50 Baht hour to use the internet. (...Good rate for Bangkok!)

Street stalls line both sides of the street outside the hotel. I love this area for all of these reasons!! Chicken sate, banana roti, stuff I don't know <GRIN!> orange juice, - name your food!

The restaurant opens at 5:30 AM. I had to leave at 6 AM and the omelet chief was a little reluctant as I was the only guest eating that early - but obliged as I pointed to the hours on the sign.

About 13 minute walk from Nana station. (...About 5 short blocks.) Buy some cold orange juice on route. Easy to get around using BTS from hotel. Turn right coming out of the hotel. Walk to the main intersection and turn left. Keep walking until you see the steps up to Nana station.

All and all I was left with a good impression of everything! It was an awesome stay and I would definitely come back here!

sawat dee ka!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank HotToffee
Reviewed February 16, 2010

The hotel was fine. but it is located in the midst of bangkok sex scene which was very very unpleasant , coming to Thailand for the first time. the area did not feel safe for a girl. good swimming pool.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ilana_melbourne
Reviewed February 15, 2010

My partner and I spent 2 nights at the Zenith in Superior room 1206. The room was large, clean and tidy. We had two double beds, a wardrobe, in room safe, desk, tv and minibar. The bathroom was large and modern with great water pressure in the shower. The location was pretty good as it was only a 5 minute walk to the BTS skytrain station which took us to all our shopping destinations. We gave up on Taxis as the traffic was so bad it took too long to get anywhere. Breakfast was fairly limited but ok and the hotel minded our bags for us after we checked out until our flights.
My only complaint is that the hotel is very popular with people of the Muslim/Islamic? faith and my partner and I felt uncomfortable at breakfast. We felt like we were receiving disapproving looks for showing too much skin. (Please note that we were not dressed skimpily by Australian standards) Also the restaurants around the hotel all served Halal and Indian type food so it was difficult to find good European food within walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple