“First time in Bangkok, decent hotel.”
Review of Silom City Hotel

Silom City Hotel
Ranked #114 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Pleasant staff, decent breakfast and rooms, nothing to fancy and maybe some quirks here and there (like tv cable broken) but I guess it fits the bill, 4 minutes of (smelly street) walk from main silom road.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 20, 2012

i've been few times at Silom City hotel and im happy i found it sometime ago cause its a really good place to stay when in Bkk. its clean, the service is friendly, its in a excellent location, its very affordable. i even tried the restaurant and its actually quite good. so what else to say? i'm staying there every time i go to Bkk.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hotel is tucked away in the back streets of Bangkok, but has the charm of vendors and market stalls surrounding it. We stayed on the 12th floor and hired a suite, the room was large and had a large dining table that could easily sit six people. A kitchenette was attached to the room. The fridge was filled with drinks and snacks. We found the room to be clean, comfortable and spacious but slightly dated. The hotel supplied complimentary water, tv, free wifi and a safe, we were given some lovely complimentary slippers to keep. This hotel serves good food and it is reasonably priced. Room service is also good. A member in our party brought back a cooked fish from one of the stalls outside of the hotel and it was the best fish we have ever eaten.

This hotel is walking distance to the Sky train and markets. We visited the MBK Centre and used taxi meters and Sky Train to travel around, both forms of travel is inexpensive. Just be aware that some drivers want to take you somewhere else i.e. Gem or gift shops before taking you to your desired stop, you can be firm and say no but its entirely up to you!

There were seven of us in our party, so we took three metered taxis to the airport, our driver did not overcharge us, however another member in our party was charged three times more than us but we only gave the driver what he should have charged, so be careful not to be ripped off.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SangaSang
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Great location in silom, staff were friendly, rooms clean and I loved the breakfast well needed after a night on the town. Don't use the laundry service over 10x the price of the local laundrettes and no better not to say it was bad but ah we'll you live and you learn. Really enjoyed the staff and not a bad price.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had to spend 1 day in Bangkok on our way back home and booked this cheap room just to have a space to leave our bags for the day and the possibility to have a shower before leaving to the airport. We were very surprized by the good service, the free upgrade we got to a bigger room (we were with our 2 children), the huge bed and the friendly people. ANd last but noy least: the lovely massages!!
Well done!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I spent 3 nights at this hotel and found it to be the worst hotel that I have stayed in Bangkok and I have been to BKK many times.
The location is reasonable, but a bit far from the BTS.
The rooms are a good size and the beds comfortable enough.
However, I found broken glass which I stood on in the bathroom, that was OK no harm done and I did not cut myself.
I advised reception and they kindly offered to change rooms. As I had already done some hand washing and showered, I was not going to bother.
After I had been out for a walk, on my return I used the bathroom, and the toiled overflowed which was embarrasing and awful.
I went down to reception and advised of the dilema, feeling quite distressed at this stage.
So I did change rooms, the next room was better and the toilet did not overflow, thank goodness.
This room had a kitchenette, where ants were crawling on the bench and I also noticed coffee spillage, obviously from the last occupants.
After room service the next day, the coffee stains were still there, so I cleaned it.
The breakfast was nothing amazing and I have certainly had a whole lot better in BKK.
Reception were not rude, but they were not smiley or helpful.
About the nicest person I encounted was the doorman.
I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Marley2
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have stayed here many times over a number of years and although not super luxurious, it is comfortable and has everything you need for a pleasant stay. The staff are lovely, everyone goes out of their way to help, and a special recommendation should be made for the ever friendly doorman, who has been there for years, features on their website, and is always smiling. Starting the day by having him opening the door puts you in a good mood immediately.

I find the location great, love the area, which has a local type market in both the soi where the hotel is, and the parallel one beside it. Many reasonably priced small restaurants, food stalls, fruit and flower garland sellers, a little bit of the old style Bangkok, before everything became more glitzy and westernised. Access to the skytrain at Chong Nonsi is an easy walk. Plenty of taxis, easy walk to Patpong night market.
I also love the breakfast, changes every day, western and asian choices and always something that a vegetarian can eat. It is buffet style, not lavish like the big hotels but very tasty. All food I have ordered from room service or eaten in the restaurant has been good also.

All in all, a gem in Bangkok, and I hope it stays like that for a long time

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo