Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$63
View deal
Hotels.com$63
Travelocity$63
Orbitz.com$63
CheapTickets$63
Tripadvisor$63
Hurb$67
All reviews street food nice breakfast wifi connection fresh fruit very nice hotel enjoyed my stay silom market taxi alley thailand bts
Selected filters
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Hotel is neat and small. Had to wait for an hour before check-in. We got free upgrade due to the wait. The rooms are small more so because we asked for an extra bed. The breakfast is just fine. Just the basics. Hope they increase the menu selection. Easy access to most places but the traffic is a killer.Tip: Avoid travel between 5- 7 in the evening

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Well, that was my first time in Thailand (and to be honest I love this country despite whatever they say) - so it was 5 of us, me, my friend and the family friends with a 4-year old child. We chose the hotel online very quickly, as we had one day to head for Bangkok, last minute decision.

Good sides of the hotel were that:
-in the city centre (by this I mean that the Silom district is quite lively even at night time)
- close to the Night Market;
- has lots of places to eat nearby (Thai, Mcdonalds, KFC);
- you can easily travel to the Chinatown from there as well;
- has little street cart seller as well where they sell nice desserts;
- breakfast was rather good;
- staff understood English well;

However the hotel is a bit outdated in terms of furniture, and we had the worst view we could -it was back of the street+ there was building works going on.

Also one of the craziest thing we experienced was when we came back late at night, the guests in the next room were having a wild sex and it was too loud, so we couldn't sleep for hours. It's either the walls are very thin, or the hotel lets their guests take everyone in. I'm fine, cos I can busy myself with other things like listening to music, but my friend was a bit disappointed. Imagine if the family friends were staying in this room?!

Another surprise was when we returned after a walk in the evening and found out the room door was wide open, the Reception couldn't explain it though...

But if you don't care the noise (just relax|!) and surprises like open door, you'll enjoy your stay as its location is great!

Hope it will help you plan your trip to amazing Thailand!

Date of stay: December 2010
Reviewed August 9, 2011

The kind hospitality and central location make this hotel an good choice for exploring Bangkok. There is an outdoor food market on the road parallel to the hotel. When in Bangkok, stay near the BTS/MRT, because they allow for you to explore the neighborhoods and enjoy the city along with the locals. (Those who prefer to stay by the sights will enjoy the Khao San Road backpacking area and other hotels in those areas).

As for the rooms, I thought they were fine, albeit a bit outdated. Friends I traveled with complained of an uncomfortable mattress.

1  Thank love2trave2013
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I together with 3 friends stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. The staff was helpful in answering questions and help with my thai sim card. Rooms are clean and the hotel has a 7 eleven nearby which covers all basic snacks and drinks. wifi signal was strong throughout the hotel. I would attribute my enjoyable thai trip partly to the quality stay in this hotel!

Reviewed August 5, 2011

We have spent 5 nights at the Silom City Hotel and the two highlights were the very nice nightboy which was very attentive to our needs in the middle of the night, he immediately changed our money into change we had to pay for the taxi and took our lagguage to our room and explained how to use a/c and other things of use in the room.
The second highlight was the moment when we left the hotel.
There was an very annoying cigarrettes smell at our room i couldn't sleep very well because when lying in bed trying to fall asleep the bad smell kept my breath away. The whole floor was bed smelling.
Breakfast wasn't good because they didn't keep rice, noodles, meat or soup not warm and if you go for breakfast not exact the time they finished cooking you end up with an unhappy face at your table.
Furniture, wallpaper, carpet (never vacuumcleaned during our stay) are very old and bathroom not clean.
I hope you will have a better stau as we had.
I will forget this hotel immediately.
After this i forget this hotel.