Pros 1-6 Great hotel standards
Cons 7-8 Slow elevator and dishonest taxi drivers
The courtesy, and welcome of concierge and hotel reception staff is excellent. Communication skills are outstanding. All staff are excellent.
2. Room 26F
Clean spacious and comfortable.
The bedside light didn't work. I checked if the bulb was tight and it blew the fuse, cutting the TV, clock and lights. I contacted the reception at 9:00PM and they had it fixed very quickly. Great response fast action. Very impressive
Perfect location to use the overhead BTS, or connect with the underground MRT system.
A good selection of Thai fruits, continental and cooked breakfasts and wide variety of bread. Good service
I would estimate that 80% of the guests were Japanese ranging from business men to retired groups visiting Thailand.
The adjoining streets Soi 24-26 cater mainly to the needs and cuisine preferences of Japanese tourists as such, prices tend to be higher.
5. Personal Security
This is important in Bangkok. Staff quickly remember guests faces and open the door or press the elevator button, when you approach the hotel, especially at night.
6. Check-out efficiency
Polite and fast.
7. Waiting for the Elevator (major weakpoint)
The architech who designed a 42 floor building with only 3 elevators, should be given an award for outstanding bad design and inept planning skills. There is a long wait to get into the elevator, I learned to allow 10 mins from room to reception floor. This is the Emporium suites biggest weakpoint and one that cannot be fixed easily.
My guest experience at Emporium was very good until, they arranged and guided me into a taxi on Sun February 17 at 06:30. The taxi driver placed my suitcase on the front seat and drove off towards the airport. After 5 minutes he advised "NO Meter, 400 baht." He then drove like a madman along local roads (no toll charges). On arrival at the airport, I paid and asked for a receipt "NO Receipt". As soon as the 400 baht was in his hand, he showed no interest or concern and walked off looking for the next gullible tourist arriving at the airport. This taxi was arranged by the hotel, not selected by me, so I am concerned and disappointed with guest safety and taxi fare overcharging. (no meter rip-off)
Emporium Suites management must take immediate action to ensure the safety of their guests.
General Caution on Taxis:
Get out of any taxi that has a meter, but the driver refuses to use it.
Dont allow a taxi to take you to a different location/business to the one requested.
Confirm that they can give you a recept before driving off.
If you have a problem take a photo of the taxi name and vehicle license plate. (my mistake)
Emporium Suites management need to apply a taxi check before any of their guests get into a taxi arranged by them. Two checks must be made. Will the driver use the taxi-meter? Does the taxi driver provide receipts? Will the taxi use toll roads (expressway) if yes then the customer will pay extra charges.
The taxi must be easily identified so that overcharging and bad driving can be reported.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Emporium Suites by Chatrium presents elegant luxury living and unparalleled convenience downtown in one of Bangkok’s most prestigious areas. Situated above Emporium Shopping Complex, it offers everything from designer shopping to easy access to the business district. Each guestroom provides exceptionally spacious comfort, with floor-to-ceiling windows, separated cooking stations and the high quality furnishings. Dining at The Emporia combines delicious international cuisine with stunning city views, whilst cocktails can be sipped by poolside at the Pool Bar. Stay fit in our modern Fitness Center, with both male and femalesteam and sauna rooms before getting down to business in one of our five meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Splitty, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Emporium Suites by Chatrium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Emporium Suites By Chatrium Hotel Bangkok
- Emporium Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Emporium Hotel