Narai Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Peninsula Bangkok(Bangkok)
Paragon Inn(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
$54
$21
1,527 results
All reviewssilom roadhindu templedeluxe roombusy hotelpatpong night marketbuffet breakfastbig hotelsilom areatuk tukcleaning staffwalking distanceswimming poolnice poolthe rivergrand palacestreet foodfloor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed here for the 3rd time, !st time was good but only stayed one night and what made it was the band in the downstairs bar. 2nd time around we were messed around and given a Tiny room that with a 3rd bed added for my daughter wood have been too cramped. I asked to see the manager and we got a good room eventually. This last time around we booked a room for my daughter as well as ourselves, unfortunately I had misplaced the voucher for this hotel and they could not find the second booking on their system. We had to pay for the extra room again for my daughter. We were shown to our rooms, and for my wife and I, we were shown a room with single beds for all we had booked a room with queen size bed. They did find us another room but it was on a floor where smoking was allowed, and you could certainly tell. (please note the vouchers were my mistake in not having them. This was the first of 7 hotels we stayed in in Thailand, and I from then although I had them never needed to show my vouchers after that even for flights and hire car! I just gave my name at the desk.)
When we went for breakfast it was busy as we have found previously, but this time worse, we struggled to find a table and had to jump in quick when some one got up to leave. The rooms we got were very average but still can not get over, and never will, the indignity shown by the front desk when checking in. This is a medium priced hotel that for me is below what they ask.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We booked a deluxe room, but it was worth the money. I stayed in the Narai in 2006 for the last time. Since then they have really upgraded the hotel. A big hotel with a cozy atmosphere, great breakfast buffet, 24-7 service, spa/swimming pool & great location. Personally I prefer a boutique hotel.
A special thank you for the Swiss girl and the boys working at Triple Two, where we had every night our cup of tea/dinner with great live music.

Minus: The reception ladies in the morning were a lot less friendly then the reception boys in the evening. Also when I called from my room asking about a doctor service, they didn't seem to be concerned. Even when I dropped my key at the reception and decided to go by myself to the hospital, no questions or what so ever, a pity. For a deluxe room it would be nice if the bed sheeds were changed every other day. Ours hadn't been changed for three days.

Room Tip: I have heard that some standard rooms are dated, be careful when booking this room type. The delux room was fab. located at the 11th floor (only for delux rooms).
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We received better customer service at this hotel than we did at a 4 and a half star hotel. Very impressed with the friendly staff and the fact that the place had free wifi. We had a problem with out first room that the tap in the bath wouldnt stop leaking and was preventing us from sleeping. The staff automatically transferred us to a better room and apologized for the inconvenience. Breakfast was awesome and so was the pepperoni restaurant in the hotel. Awesome food.

Room Tip: The lower the floor you are on the better the rooms get!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We really liked the location of this hotel, it is near the BTS sky train and the night markets. We did a cooking class across the road from this hotel. The only thing that was a bit off was the staff at the reception, they seemed to be tired all the time. They have their own limo service which is ridiculously priced and i dont understand why anyone would want to use that when you can just go outside and grab a taxi at a much affordable price. They do offer complimentary daily drop offs at the Siam Paragon, which we used twice and were really happy with the service.

they provided us with 2 bottles of water daily and they cleaned the room very well. When we first checked in they put is in a room with 2 single beds. We didnt know until we reached the room and got shocked...when we complained they said all the rooms are booked out for the day and they would relocate us next day. Inconvenient, when we had explicitly stated otherwise.

There must be a lot of traffic through this hotel and they must see a lot of people, the staff were just soo run down and beat it was odd for thailand.

Room Tip: specify room type and verify with receptionist before being escorted off to your room
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This is our third visit to Narai and we continue to find it comfortable and good value for money - the breakfast buffet is really GREAT for 300 baht and the staff are very welcoming and helpful. We also like the location - easy walking distance to a number of interesting restaurants including the Mango Tree with great Thai food in an outdoors setting.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple