“value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Narai Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Narai Hotel
Ranked #203 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Sydney, Australia
“value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We recently revisited this hotel after 23 years. A hotel that was value for money. The central location of the hotel enabled us to visit many places either by foot or a short cheap taxi ride. The staff were friendly and courteous and all spoke English. Included in our deal was buffet breakfast which was an excellent mix of Asian and western types of food. Restaurants on site also gave us the option to dine in if we did not want to go out in the evening. If we were to revisit Bangkok we would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HELEN K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
SOUTH AFRICA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hi this is Charlie from South Africa. Went to Bangkok end of last year with my 2 sisters and their husbands. As I have been to this hotel 3 times before I thought I would like to tell you that this hotel is situated fantasticly in the heart of Bangkok. From the hotel's entrance you turn left and about a 150 yards further you can enjoy the Pat Pong Night Market which is very well known. Thousands of bargains and lots of dealing and wheeling with the owners of the stalls. You just cannot experience this in one night. Inside the hotel they have 3 counters where you can ask the agents advice and bookings on tours. The rooms are clean and they have different floors for smokers and non-smokers. The food is really great - western and eastern breakfasts, plus two great restaurants. The hotel is also in walking distance from more modern shops. Had a lovely time again at the end of last year and am planning to go there during 2013.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet - even if the front are rooms facing the street, which is busy, by closing the w...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times, its central to the shopping places.
I have to say though that the hotel just doesnt seem to get the bookings correct, I booked two rooms with two beds , on arrival we had to wait for another hour before being sent up to our rooms, which turned out to be 2 rooms with kingsize beds in them! I had to speak to reception on the phone on the floor and then go down to the desk to sort it out. I showed them my booking papers, which also stated I needed to be close to assist my mother with her medical problems, and we required a walk in shower. The Concierge finally sorted it out and upgraded us to the top floor (we were only one floor down previously) where the beds were correct in the rooms as was the shower facilities, but our rooms were a little bit apart, but manageable!
Another problem is they advertise free WiFi in the hotel, well its free but only on selected floors and the 12th floor(top floor) wasnt one of them. I had to go to the lobby to use my Ipad on their WiFi. a bit disappointing when you believe you can use it in the privacy of your room!
I will say that the staff were very friendly and their shuttle bus to the MBK Shopping Centre is a bonus - they go twice a day and drop you off there, all free.
We will continue to stay there as the location suits us, but I think they need to upgrade their WiFi and their booking process as we booked and paid about 7mths in advance and they should have gotten our booking correct.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

The hotel is not badly located; pool had lots of chairs, but hotel building got in the way of the sun

The room with double bed we stayed a bit old but big and clean. Staffs at the fronts desk are not friendly but they do the job. The rest of the staffs are also very nice and helpful.

We were there over Christmas, and many things in the neighborhood were closed. We didn't want the instant coffee in the room in the morning, but when I went to the restaurant for a cup of brewed coffee, I was told I had to buy the entire buffet breakfast in order to get coffee, in spite of the fact that the nearest Starbucks is 10 minutes away.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this from my room 642 in Narai Hotel.

This hotel has some positive attributes to potential become a good or if they can resolve some serious issues. In gist, there are more misses than hits.

It is located only about 15 mins walk from the nearest BTS (no subway within walking distance). The Patpong night market is about 25 mins walk.

The room is old and all the furnishings look so dated. The bath room floor tiles are very slippery and can be a potential safety hazard. There is also no toothbrush nor comb. There is also no mini bar in the bar.

One of the biggest issue I have with the room is the noisy aircon. Tried to get them to fix it but apparently, the aircon is still noisy after the technicians did something to it. They informed that all the aircons are noisy so I'd just have to live with it.

The house keepers were also inconsiderate. At 10.30 am they would call my room and wake me up from my sleep just to ask if they could clean my room in spite of the fact that i had hung the Do Not Disturb sign outside the door.I just could not get back to sleep after that. The housekeeping also do not replace the amenities and I had to ask for it in the morning. They just go thru the motion to fold the comforter and change the hotels. I think they bring more bacterial to the room than cleaning it.

The check in was slow and inefficient. I had clearly indicated that i wanted a non smoking double room at the time of the booking but there was none available at the time of check in. I was instead offered a smoking room with twin bed. I had requested for the check in staff to check again for the availability and miraculously, within 1 min, the non smoking room double became available and it was offered to me. I was not sure why they had tried to inconvenience their guest.

If you have luggage a, do not expect any of their staff to assist you. They are more interested to talk amongst themselves rather than to help the guests.

Besides one lovely lady who was polite, I can attest that all staff in this hotel are rude and unhelpful.

When I enquired about the password for the wifi, one matured receptionist told me me it is in the information in the room. This encounter left a sour taste as he could have simply let me have the password instead of trying to implicitly tell me 'why don't you read the info file'. In the 1st place, I had not even got to the room and how would he have expected me to have read the info file.

There is a staff named Matee who seem to be always on night shift was even worse when it comes to customer service, He was so unhappy when I approached him to let me have the check in voucher as I had intended to change to another hotel that he started to raise his voice at me and this happened in the night.

The hotel is also infested with mosquitoes at the lobby.

Poor service aside, this is definitely not a 4 Star hotel. It is a 3 star hotel on the brink of becoming a 2.5 hotel.

I had stayed in the Furama hotel just opposite Narai and it is 10 times better value than Narai. The marginal difference in price makes it a no brainer. Choose other hotels for the kind of price you are expected to pay for Narai. There so many hotels which offer better value.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Chung1234
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

The hotel is centrally located and provides for quick access to the sky train and the night market. The hotel also provides a taxi service on a dailay basis at 11:30am to the MBK shopping mall..you would however have to find your own way back to the hotel. We found that taking the sky train would be the most affordable option and taking a walk further down the road back to the hotel. The hotel rooms are quite outdated and some are not in the best conditions but they do allow you to change rooms at no additional costs if you are not happy. They would also be willing to upgrade your room at an additional fee if applicable. The staff are friendly however they do not speak english very well and some of them cannot speak or understand it at all. The pool area is quite small if you do plan on spending your stay at the pool side, however if you plan on exploring the city, temples and ancient sites then the pool area shouldnt be an issue. The best thing about this hotel.. hands down is the breakfast buffet!!

Room Tip: Reconfirm any requests or taxi bookings
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

It's second time for me to stay here. Very cheap but good service. I will go again next time.
close to night market.