“Good hotel in bangkok”

Ranked #650 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
tehran
“Good hotel in bangkok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Hi psngrs,ma hotel is so clean but it's got just a few problems,rooms are small and u cant smoke indoor even ur room with no terrace or window to open.but it has wifi so you can get the pass each day.the breakfast is normal but u can order if u want omelet or sth.kind staff,it doesnt have any outdoor pool but one inside.at last i should told u that these are not very important,the matter is where u sleep,because as you know its not a 5 star hotel.so its good and comfortable to stay there,i hope u enjoy.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank idin g

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed here on two occasions while we were in Thailand, initially for the first night as our flight got in late and it was recommended by the airport and then again before we flew out after travelling around.

+ Very comfy large beds and blackout blinds
+ Good sized rooms
+ Quiet hotel
+ Pool and gym facilities
+ On site restaurant with breakfast
+ Effective air con
+ Modern rooms with TV, fridge, fast wifi
+ Clean rooms

- Be careful stepping out of the shower, I cut my foot on a ledge around the edge which can easily be done.
- Not walking distance to the sky train so if you're looking for something central it may not be your first choice. (Tuktuks are cheap enough though)

We did have some problems on our second stay which meant changing rooms 3 times, twice with noisy air con and once with ants in the bathroom. The staff were accommodating however and were happy to move us.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alibella88
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

While the rooms are good enough , the staff is not very courteous. Also for vegetarians, even the buffet breakfast room stinks so much, you better dont enter it. Also its a little far from most places you would want to visit in thailand. However, near by indian restaurants, massage parlours, convineince stores are a good plus point of the hotel

Room Tip: The indian restaurants opposite are a treat
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ShamikJoshi
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The swimming pool is unusable due to a massive mosquito problem and it's in the reception where everyone stares at you. Apart from this I was a victim of an indecent sexual attack from the night time supervisor. He visited my room in the night to fix the safe and closed my door, he repeatedly made sexual advances towards me and would not leave the room. I had to get the British consulate involved and they are currently doing a thorough investigation. When I spoke to the night manager he called me a liar and started shouting at me and telling me I was lying. I asked for a refund so I could leave and go to another hotel. He refused and continued shouting at me. I am waiting for the result of the investigation and I will be taking legal action against this hotel. I STRONGLY advise that anyone should avoid this hotel an if they do stay here do not let any members of staff into your room especially if you are alone. There are many more hotels better quality for the same price. PLEASE PLEASE avoid this place at all costs

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank steven s
Varavuthi B, General Manager at Ma Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Khun Steven,

Greetings from Ma Hotel Bangkok,

First of all, We would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay in our hotel. We would like to explain for your all comments. Mr. Thanavin did not sexually harass neither Mr.Steven nor Mr.Steve and other incident which your did not mentioned. The reasons are as follows:

1. With less than 3 minutes and 36 seconds in the room, we do believe that it would take him that long to greet the guests, unlock the safe deposit box, come out and go back in to put the cover back that he forgot. This would certainly left him almost no time for other meaningful conversation, especially when they were never acquainted prior the incident.
2. There were two guests in the room and with the limited amount of time, we found it hard to believe that Mr.Thanavin alone would dare to harass a two full grown men.
3. According to our standard procedure the door was always opened.
4. The guests remained in the room for almost half an hour after the claimed incident before leaving the hotel to go outside. During that half an hour There was no call or complain to any of the hotel staff as well as Manager on Duty. The guests came back to complain over six hours after the claimed incident. We believe that if the incident really happened the guests would probably complain right away.
5. Mr. Thanavin is one of the top staff who was voted by our guests for his high quality service through hotel questionnaires. We are confirmed still Mr.Thanavin had no history of complaint by other guests and in his past working.
6. According to the guests outside incident. On 29/12/2014 Mr.Wipark (Front Office Manager) who was manager on duty. Mr.Steven and Mr. Steve have asked the hotel to refund their payment for 1 night stay, but Mr.wipark had informed them that prior to refunding, The hotel's procedure would require to perform a full investigation on the matter. The guests did not agree with waiting for full investigation and informed us that they would report to British Embassy. Along with the issue about the "Sexual Harassment Incident". We received a call from Bangrak Police station which informed Mr.Sunderland to urgently contact them about his other incident outside hotel last night . Which Mr.Sunderland had gone into a fight with A Pakistani man at DJ pub (Silom soi 2) and had injured that man, we believe that the guests simply wanted us to refund them right away as to get away immediately.

Once again thank you very much to stay with us and for your feedback.

Varavuthi B.

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Bangkok
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Check in.
Deposit 1000 Baht with wrong name on the statement.
I complained that i am not Mr. Wallow from Sri Lanka and they answered me
that no matter who's name is on it.
Check out.
Of course i was not Mr. Wallow from Sri Lanka and they asked me where i found this deposit
receipt.
When they understood that i am not stupid and i would never accept to not take my deposit back they asked me to pay 2000 Baht because as they said i smoked to my room (i never did) so they must go buy a "disinfection sprey of 2000 baht" from a :super market".
I answered that i didn't smoked so i will never pay this amount.
Now guess what.
They told me that i look a nice guy so they will make a discount for me of 1000 baht so they
pretend to keep my deposit or better mister Wallow's deposit.:)
After various meetings between them they decided to make a new discount of 500 baht.
Finally i accepted because there was not other way to let me go to the airport
and of course they kept 500 without receipt because their printer was out of order.
In other words..... never and never, forever and never.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Dimitrios D
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed at the Ma Hotel for 2 nights. Its a standard room, comfortable and clean, but not enough mirrors in my opinion. But lovely and quiet - great for a good night's sleep.

the first morning I could not get any hot water for the shower, was only lukewarm, but the next day it was on with full force - tho the water pressure was highly varied, and went from just right to scalding water numerous times. Just plan accordingly. Showers were otherwise clean and looked as if had just undergone a renovation. Not bad at all.

Breakfast had several selections and was somewhat varied, but a little ho-hum, but just enough if you have to dash out and put something in your tummy for a long day.

Wi-fi was no problem, but lagged at times.

If I could give this place a rating, I would rate a C+. Staff warm and friendly, but i was given the wrong room key on the first night and walked in on an occupied room. Whoops! Easily rectified and with no fuss.

If you are a fussy traveler, this is not your place. If you are looking for a place to shower, relax, and sleep in a clean bed with no frills - this will suit just fine.

Room Tip: Doors keep out no noise - either from inside or out. Bring earplugs if need.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Wanaka, Otago, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Hmmm, where to start...

Looks good in the pictures, maybe I got given a duff room since I booked very late and got a 'cheap' price. Room was just 'ok' - corner room with a window (kind of) with a pile of rubble outside. No info offered at check in of any kind.

Shower totally useless - hot then cold then a dribble. Sink wouldn't drain (finally after 30 minutes). Bed was decent. Huge TV but a bit pointless if you don't speak Thai. WiFi - forget it! In the room was worse than dialup, unusable. It seems all the room doors can only be closed with a loud bang, which you'll hear a lot of. Lots of noise whenever people move about in adjacent rooms or corridors.

Booking said that breakfast was included, but in the morning I'm told, no breakfast included, maybe you can buy something in the dining room. Asked for a café near by - nobody at the desk knew of one. Desk staff were friendly but not particularly helpful.

They probably shouldn't say there is a pool unless the word 'paddling' is inserted before it. Perhaps add a few fish and have a nice feature for the lobby, because that's where it is.

All in all, a big flop. I know it's on the cheap end of the scale, but it just seemed like everything was on the slide. If I'd paid full whack I would have been very grumpy! (This is just mild grumpiness, honest).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo