“Great Hotel”
Review of Majestic Suites

Majestic Suites
Ranked #238 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My go-to hotel for short stays in Bangkok. Stayed here a dozen or more times now and I have never had an issue.

Great location, great staff, decent restaurant, good rooms, good value. As has been said before, not trashy.

For a budget hotel in this part of Bangkok the Majestic is very hard to beat. Top marks for me.

There is no pool - I ticked 'terrible' by mistake!

Room Tip: Higehr floors may be quiter. Those at the back may have interesting views across Nana Plaza
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I've stayed here several times now and I have never been disappointed. It has the 3 things I find necessary in Bangkok: strong A/C, great location, fast/reliable WiFi. It also has a great and friendly staff and a decent restaurant.

You can't beat the location for NANA, Soi 4 experiences, Soi Arab, Skytrain access. Guest friendly without being trashy at all. Great choice in the $40us range.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank shivarising
Reviewed April 2, 2013

stay at Majestic suites was third time in last one year. and was like always, a very homely feel with wonderful warm welcoming staff. its at center of main business district and nightlife as well. on the main sukhumvit road near Nana BTS, 2 minutes walk.
good hygienic breakfast in the morning and swim at the nearby hotel ( Majestic Grande) of the same ownership is a very nice start of a day. Staff is cooperative beyond anything. The owner Mr. Anand is a very cooperative person.
no hassles regarding guests. you can get all kinds of international cuisine in stone throw away distance.
I have stayed here four times now and will continue the same for sure.

Room Tip: all rooms same same, only single studio room a bit too small.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Next to Arab Quarter AND Nana Plaza..Nana Plaza is the place to have sex with a cute hooker...Near Subway and heart of Bangkok......Free breakfast and bottled water, quiet, great stay, free internet, movie channels, free bottled water...Loved it ! Staff is nice and honest !

Room Tip: Get one where you can see the street--no gym or pool--all rooms are quiet !!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
12  Thank newarrior
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel from 21st to 23rd January, 2013. The property is located on the main Sukhumvit Road. It is very close to the main area where all the action takes place be it sex or go-go bars or massage parlours. All within a radius of 500 mtrs. Although the property is nicely made but it is very small. I had booked thru Agoda.com where they had advertised that the twin beds would be given subject to availablity (I had opted for twin beds). I had gone with a friend and we didn't want to share the same bed. To my horror I found out that the hotel does not have any twin beds. If you want twin beds then this hotel is big NO. It took me full 1 hour trying to explain that I was misguided but nothing happened and ultimately I had to take an extra bed with extra charge with no fault of mine. They were not ready to listen to my argument. After putting extra bed there was no space in the room for movement (Imagine). And finnaly the breakfast. There is a very limited option for breakfast. American or English which has bread, butter, eggs, juice and coffee/tea. Remember that extra for an extra slice all the items are limited. You cannot take anything extra. If given a chance I would definitely not stay there again.

Room Tip: Take any room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank anusandy
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Very central, easy access to many attractions and the sky train to all parts of Bangkok. (Taxi from airport is 1200Bt plus tip or less than 100Bt by train and skytrain in about the same time).
Hotel is very good value for money, very pleasant staff and a good experience. Surprisingly quiet being so close to the action. Twin hotel (Majestic) is close by and one can use their pool. I would normally stay at that Majestic but was full this time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Keith O
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Although the rooms and location are decent, this hotel has a hidden agenda. During our five night stay, I was the only female registered guest. All the other rooms had middle-aged men, who brought young Thai women to their rooms. Need I explain further? This is not a family hotel, or one that would make a lady feel comfortable.

The hotel also has other drawbacks. The rooms at the back of the hotel face a nightclub, and the drum beat reverberating in the rooms is bound to keep you awake until 5 AM. Also, the staff is not focused on helping with tourist activities. For example, they tried to send us to the wrong train station to go to Kanchanaburi--but fortunately we checked before we left.

Check out was not a pleasant experience. The staff insisted on "checking" our room--in case we "stole" from the mini bar. Then, after we paid with a credit card, the girl at the desk wrote down my credit card number before we saw what she was doing, claiming that the owner insists on it. We had to cancel our card, and change our number, just in case.

All in all, there are better places in Bangkok.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family