“My Mum loved it!”
Review of Century Park Hotel

Century Park Hotel
Ranked #147 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My Mum and I stayed here for a week last August, and loved it. Very clean and comfortable room with great views of the City. This was my Mum's first time to Thailand, and this hotel was awesome. The buffet breakfast is fantastic, and we also tried the Saturday night " International Buffet Dinner" which was incredible. One of the chefs even proudly informed us the slow roasted lamb was from New Zealand! One happy mother.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter and have views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,750)

Reviewed June 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed here a while ago, we loved it. The hotel was recommended by flight centre and rated at 3 stars at the time, but it felt under rated.
The room was decent and clean.
Breakfast was great, good variety, a bit if everything, it had western food, Asian food, fruit, salad, sweets.
Staff are very very friendly and helpful, absolutely wonderful.
The only thing we didn't really like was the location, there wasn't much around.

Overall, I would love to stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed here last week for four nights. Even though it appeared to be a very quiet period for this hotel the staff were very rude and seemed disinterested in providing any sort of customer service at all. Upon check in our mobile devises were taken from us so the receptionist could enter the wifi code. Why not just give it to the guest on a piece of paper like at any other establishment? On one occasion we were the only diners in the restaurant and three staff members stood in the corner chatting with each other and we were only asked if we would like a drink on sitting at our table. Our drinks remained empty throughout our meal and we were not approached again by any staff member. Upon checkout I was accused of stealing the slippers even though there was not slippers in my room upon arrival. I would never stay at this place again. They have a lot to learn about customer service. There is also a great need for more power points in these rooms. The power point in the bathroom has been sealed off and to charge our phones or boil the kettle you have to unplug a lamp or something else to have a free point.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alim5862014
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in June, the hotel was modern, clean and great value for money. It is located only 5 minutes walk from the Victory Monument Sky Train station and only 5 minutes ride to Central Station making access to Bangkok easy and particularly cheap compared to other cities. The staff were polite, accomodating and helpful at all times and the breakfasts were excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cr6i9
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

This place is fabulous. Modern, clean, excellent customer service and the breakfast was amazing. The only slight negative was that it was a little bit clinical, not necessarily a "vibe" to it but it's absolutely sensational for what it is and great value for money. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sassimo123
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This is a nice hotel; maybe getting a little tired in the rooms but nothing that's going to spoil your stay. All the basics are in place that you would hope/expect: Helpful and friendly staff, clean and safe premises, room service and other usual services like laundry etc, tea/coffee and kettle in room, in room safe, two free bottles of water a day, good aircon (you're going to need it!) and a swimming pool on the 5th floor (you're really going to want this after a hot, humid and hectic day on the streets).

Take a left out of the hotel drive way and there is a 7/11 just a couple of minutes walk if you need to pick up some bits and pieces. If you continue for another 10-15 mins down this road you will hit a street market and another 10-15 and you will be at the Central World Plaza which is basically in the centre of town (Siam). Here you also have the Paragon and MBK. All of them huge shopping malls with food courts if you don't want to experiment with street food. MBK is Thai style and the others are more like western malls.

I prefer to be on foot to get the feel of a place but if your not in the mood for the heat you can take a 10 minute walk to the Sky Train station (Victory Monument) and get to Siam just three stops away and all for the bargain price of Bt25. You can get to the station by taking a left or a right out of the hotel. I won't right down the directions but safe to say it's not hard to work it out.

I used the company inside the hotel to book a couple of tours and thought the prices were reasonable and the guides very knowledgeable. The lady on the desk was also really helpful when booking.

I used the hotel restaurant on my first evening and they were very accommodating. I'm vegan and they had no problem understanding to leave out the fish sauce, egg etc from my Pad Thai. On the last (third) night there I used room service and ordered three sides: jasmine rice, wok fried vegetables and fries. I got more than I bargained for portion wise but it was all very tasty and I wolfed it all down!

There is only one downside to this hotel that I can see...if you want to be right in the centre then it's not, it's slightly north of Siam. If you don't mind taking in more of the city by getting around on foot it's ideal (although it would be a bit of a slog to walk in the heat all the way to the old town by the river etc.) However, you can order cabs right outside the lobby doors to take you anywhere you want to go :)

Room Tip: I stayed in a 10th floor room directly over looking a temple that's neatly tucked in to the urba...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank baozao
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The hotel is in a fairly good spot and our room was of a high standard, with a market and shops a 3 minute walk away where there are many bargains to be had. Be wary of the hotel's taxi drivers who charged us in excess of £60 to transport us to a floating market and then to see the reclining Buddha and grand palace. He of course failed to tell us the palace would be closed by 4.30pm which meant we didn't get to see it. We also learnt there were other floating markets nearby which meant he didn't have to drive us an hour or so away to the one he took us to. The following day we took a taxi outside of the hotel for £3 to the city centre and got to see the grand palace and other attractions, which are well worth seeing. One of the highlights for us was the Chaopakmaya cruises where we enjoyed an evening with dinner and entertainment on the top deck. This was well worth the money.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple