“A good choice for a stay in Bangkok”
Review of Century Park Hotel

Century Park Hotel
Ranked #143 of 890 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights in August. We found it to be a lovely hotel with great staff. Whenever we sent an email, (we first wanted to know about trips, then we were delayed for 27 hours at heathrow so needed them to know we were going to be late) the staff were quick and polite in their replies. The foyer was a beautiful and welcome rest from the heat of Bangkok, the room was very spacious and, although perhaps not the most beautiful decor, had an amazing bed and massive bathroom. The views, too, were pretty cool! The location is perhaps the only minor down point, but only if you are averse to walking for more than 5 minutes. The sky train is very nearby at Victory Monument and when we visited the grand palace the taxi cost only 100B!! We would have no hesitation in going straight back to this hotel. It was a fantastic start to our holiday!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank slcollins
Write a ReviewReviews (1,731)

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My family and I booked this hotel via the flight centre, fairly last minute. On arrival we were greeted by a number of rude and obnoxious front of house staff. Who I may add spoke to my family and I like rubbish. This wasn't what we wanted after 9 hour train journey from Chiang Mai.

However, whilst the front of house staff were very rude and obnoxious I have to say the majority of the people who work there are extremely pleasant. One would expect such quality of service when paying top prices for basic products. Drinks will cost you 4 times the price than anywhere else within the local area. And if you decided to venture off out you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere.

This hotel is completely out of the way (Very bad location). The internet is extortionate I would not recommend this hotel.

Please look for another hotel.

Whilst this review may seem a little harsh, my experience wasnt the best. I do have to say the hotel facilities are rather nice. I mean the pool and the gym. Maybe if you are stopping off and just want somewhere quiet to stay this may be for you. Albeit you must have an unlimited budget!

I hope this helps.

SO to recap

Front of house staff terrible.
Room service can be ordered and charged to your room (but i may add you will not receive it)
Wifi is very very expensive
Out of town - cost of taxi lets say to khao san road will cost 300 baht (min)
Opportunities to eat out locally are limited to a 7/11.
Facilities are good. Gym and Pool very nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Thomas G
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Since the travel agent booked the hotel, we were not sure if the standard would cope up with our expectation. However, from the time we checked in till checkout we experienced an excellent hospitality in all sense. Name a few, the lobby/reception area with well trained polite staff, rooms, toilet, room service, morning breakfast which the kids enjoyed the most, housekeeping, restaurant etc. all with high standard. I would suggest this hotel to my other family members and friends for sure. Location was the only concern, but not at all out of the city.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the highway where we stayed was very panoramic and it was on the 21st floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Premnath56
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Large modern hotel, attractive, spotlessly clean good for tourists and business travellers. Great breakfast choice. Walk just down the road to shopping areas and lots of cheap eating places. It is what it is a big hotel in a big city. Half an hour from airport. Used it as a stopover. We were picked up and returned to airport by hotelbeds of Thailand.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank chitchat78
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Hotel is quite well located in Bangkok and easy to reach.
The hotel has been booked by the tour operator, I didn't book it by myself.
Room was quite good, clean and with lot of light. From the room at the top the are good panoramic view. Staff was polite and helpfull.
The breakfast in the morning is very good and offered a good variety of food, local and international.
To move from the hotel better to use the taxi asking to use the metre ... to reach the center in this way it is quite cheap around 60-80 bath ... instead if you decide to use tuk tuk to move ... the price will be around 200 bath (usually tuk tuk drive don't treat so much on the price) to smell the pollution of the road :)

Room Tip: if you get a room close to the top floor you can enjoy a very nice panoramic view of Bangkok
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank GaetanoR936
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were not supposed to go to this hotel originally, but the agents messed up and we ended up at Century Park, it was a case of we were glad the agent messed up as this hotel is really nice. It is central to the city, so very handy for most of the sights (we were only the for 3 days which is no where near enough for BKK as there is so much to do and see).

We were on the 22nd floor so the view was amazing, we overlooked a temple so it was interesting to look out the window and watch. The room was very clean, and they cleaned it to a high standard every day. Rooms are large at Century Park, and very comfortable, the shower I especially liked. My only issue with the room was that there were not enough sockets.

All the staff were very helpful when you asked for anything and they spoke very politely. I could not fault them at all. The facilities at the hotel are good as well, not that you spend a great deal of time there at all, well we didn't as we were out of the hotel a great deal.

The breakfast is okay, I did not think it was excellent but then I am a fussy eater so it is hard to please someone like me as I don't eat this, don't eat that etc etc!!!!

All in all I would recommend this hotel whole heartedly and say if you are going to BKK then this hotel is ideally located, helpful staff, good rooms so check it out.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mattb112
Reviewed August 13, 2013

overall our stay was ok though the bed was hard and the toilets flush like an express train passing.The room was ok but some of the furniture could do with some tlc.
as it was a stop over hotel it was rather noisy at all times with doors banging all the time.
It is situated next to a temple which rings its bell at 4am every morning and very close to busy motor ways.

Room Tip: We had 826 but can't say about any others.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple