“Looks can be deceiving! ”

Bangkok Centre Hotel
Ranked #550 of 884 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

This hotel looks great when you're in the lounge weighting area, but the rooms aren't great. We started and finished our G-Adventures tour here - the first night there were cockroaches in the bathroom and when we came back for the second time the room (including bathroom) hasn't even been cleaned! The hotel restaurant is very pricy although all guests get a free breakfast so wake up early for that! Wouldn't recommend staying here apart from the hotel's central location.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank LaurenRd13

Reviewed July 1, 2014

In this 12 story hotel, you will find all of your basic amenities. Bed, bath, complimentary water, etc. It has a great location right next to the main train station (HuaLamphong) and is really in the center of Bangkok. I don't really understand why so many people give it such a bad rap, Ive stayed in far words back home in the states. The pool is nice, a but small but hey, at least theres a pool. Not only that but the breakfast in the morning was actually one of the better buffets Ive had the pleasure to enjoy in a hotel. The service is very friendly, and you meet all kinds of young travelers seeing as though G adventures uses the hotel as a meeting point. The only complaint I have is the fact that its a bit over priced compared to other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on the higher levels if you can, the higher you go the better quality rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed here with my professor and a number of students from my university in February 2009 for 8 days, and the hotel is a few steps away from the train station, which is a great advantage for us since the headquarters for the program was only a couple of stations away. Apart from that, the hotel is centrally located in the city so whatever form of transportation you take, it's easy get around.

Our group was assigned in one floor and our rooms were right next to each other. I find the rooms quite spacious for two people. The beds were comfortable, there were towels available, the dressers were clean, and the sheets freshly laundered. The mini fridge was well-stocked but unfortunately, the drinks and snacks aren't free. The wi-fi connection was also a bit problematic because of the limited access, and the bathrooms could use extra scrubbing, but apart from that, most features of the hotel are commendable, especially their money changer at the reception area. They had a couple of elevators in use, and the restaurant served continental and traditional breakfast, and during our stay there, it was more than enough for famished students to get their daily fix. I just hope the staff smiles more often.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tito Q
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a tour we did around South East Asia and it was by far the worst place we stayed! (Bearing in mind we did home stays in villages, stayed in hostels, sleeper trains and buses!) the staff on the front desk were so rude and the room was disgusting. We paid for a double room as I was travelling with my boyfriend and they shoved together two different shaped and sized single beds and threw a dirty throw over them. The room absolutely stank and to top it off, we got hardly any sleep! The cleaners office was across the hallway and from 5:30am she would leave the door wide open and the phone would ring very loudly non stop until 12noon. I tried to reason with the cleaners and staff about this and they were having none of it. Also, on arrival at this hotel, we were told we couldn't check in for another 2 hours, so we went and sat by the pool. An hour later, I returned to reception and asked for the wifi password and the very same woman told me that I couldn't have it because I wasn't a customer and refused to believe that I had ACTUALLY PAID to stay there and was waiting for my (late) keys to the room. Despite the fact that they had my passport. This lady was a disgrace and the leader for my tour goes there every month as part of his job (and has done for the last 3 years) and says that it is an outrage how rude she is.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank DanielleH1993
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed at this hotel Nov 2008 for 4 days..very good staff...breakfast good..location not bad for me ..room is clean ...Spa at hotel is good ...That night there was live music in the hotel was enjoyable..At that time it was a good hotel..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank nob n
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Bathrooms are dirty with old plumbing. Restaurant is slow and the servers do not speak English. Did not even have basic ingredient , that is Tofu. Internet code can only be used on one device per room even if you are booked two people.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Semolina12
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I stayed at this hotel twice as part of a group tour. The pool and breakfast are great but the rooms and wifi availability could be improved. The location is great for train and metro connections. China town is only a short walk away. The bathrooms in particular could do with a good scrub. We were only given one wifi code between two, so only one of us could be online at a time. Overall I was satisfied with my stay but you can find cheaper equivalent accommodation.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo