Tripadvisor
Bangkok
2,199 results
All reviews tower wing relation officer big hotel nice hotel indian restaurant nana bts station sukhumvit area hotel staff nice room night life swimming pool shopping mall hotel is located fon ms wifi nightlife
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

We had booked one room for a one night on 14/01/2020. through MMT. Room was OK but it had mosquitoes. Nicely located Hotel with Indian and Thai Restaurants nearby. Bathroom had a broken shower, therefore, water was showering the whole bathroom.

Date of stay: January 2020
CRMAmbassadorBkk, Guest Relations Manager at Ambassador Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mr.Vinayak W,

On behalf of the management and staff of the Ambassador Hotel, I thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Thailand.

I note your satisfaction with our location. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday. However, please accept our sincerest apologise for the problem in the bath room we already passed to the concern department.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to Ambassador Hotel Bangkok.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Beautiful hotel with a spacious lobby. Room was small but clean with a clean toilet. Service was good. Breakfast was awesome. Staffs were friendly. Located in the Sukhumvit area and well connected with all sort of transport. Shops, markets, food shops are available nearby. One of the best hotels in the city in terms of price and facilities .

Room tip: city view rooms are good
Date of stay: November 2019
CRMAmbassadorBkk, Guest Relations Manager at Ambassador Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2020

Thank you for choosing to visit our hotel, JoyShurjo!

We are glad you enjoyed your time here in our accommodation.

Once again, thank you for your generous 5 stars and your kind remarks.

It's our pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 18, 2020

Hotel stay was pleasant & comfortable. Food was good with lot of western style but missed out Indian style in breakfast.include dosa & indi in the Indian breakfast menu.i stayed for 2 days in ur hotel. Thank you.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing to visit our hotel, Arunkumar2020!

We are glad you enjoyed your time here in our accommodation.

Once again, thank you for your generous 5 stars and your kind remarks.

Reviewed January 18, 2020

This hotel is quite large and beautiful, but management is not taking care of a number of issues, which I think can be improved upon. Consequently, I rated it as mediocre. These are the issues I identified at the hotel:

1. WiFi logs you out after about 30 minutes. Consequently, you have to log back in. This is ridiculous! This happened repeatedly.

2. The breakfast manager kept hounding me for 3 days about my friend and I not being identified in rooms with a free breakfast. The 2nd time he did it (again, while I was eating), I told him to not bother me until I had completed my meal. In effect, this screw up should have been immediately taken care of on our first day at the hotel. Instead, this happened for 3 consecutive days.

3. During breakfast, a cook with a seemingly bad attitude - gave both my friend and I dirty looks and got upset if we requested an omelette to order versus the ones that had been sitting in a hot buffet plate for who knows how long. Why in the hell would you have specific bowls for cut ham, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, etc., if they weren't there for specific omelettes to order? In short, that's his frickin' job. If he doesn't like his job - he should quit or be fired.

4. The person (female) manning the tour desk, near the hotel front desk had a bad attitude. Worse, some old lady from the Radisson hotel interrupted us while I was trying to negotiate a limousine ride and tour to Koh Chang. This idiot (also a tour person apparently) insisted that we walk almost a kilometer to the Radisson hotel to arrange my request there. Quite frankly, I felt taken advantage of and more important, why in the hell did I have to walk to another hotel to arrange a tour? The Ambassador hotel provides those services and I should have been accommodated there. Equally important, both females were pushy and rude. They should both be disciplined.

In conclusion, I will not stay at this hotel again. I have traveled to over 45 countries and this is one of the worst hotels I have stayed at.

Room tip: Exercise room is extremely far away from many of the rooms. In effect, you can easily get lost trying to locate it.
Date of stay: December 2019

Dear blade3colorado,

On behalf of the management and staff of the Ambassador Hotel, I appreciate your concern, interest and the time taken to bring these matters to our attention.

The experience you have been through is unacceptable and I cannot apologise enough for this incident. Your comments have certainly raised many areas of concern that need to be addressed and will inspire us to strive harder for our future guests.
Unfortunately, the hotel does not provide any tour and we do not have tour desk counter. That desk is only Customer Relation to support the guest. The lady you were asking for help she tried to check and compare the prices with the travel desk for you so you can decide if you want to book or else you have to searching by yourself We are sincerely apologise if our intention made you feel disappointed.

Please rest assured that we have taken serious note of your comments and we will strengthen our focus on our training in these specific areas.

We hope this experience will not impair your trust in the Ambassador Hotel and that you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed January 16, 2020

The Ambassador Hotel Bangkok is for many years my choice in this exiting City.

Five good reasons i give a top rating for this Hotel:

1. Great location near Sukhumvit Street.
2. Good rooms with view, very good bed.
3. Perfect Gym plus big swimming pool.
4.Spacious Hotel areas.
5. Last but not least which made my stay a pleasend one is the Customer Relation Manager Ms.H.T. , thanks for your effort, i will be back.

Room tip: All Tower-Bldg. rooms are good.

Thank you for choosing to visit our hotel,Capt. Rainer ^^

I am so glad to read you enjoyed your time here in our accommodation. Thank you so much for your generous 5 stars and your kind remarks. Also sorry that I did not see you before you left. Enjoy your trip and see you soon.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.