“very calm. Lovely friendly smiling staff. Equiped with all your needs to live and have fun .” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Admiral Suites Bangkok by Compass Hospitality

Admiral Suites Bangkok by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #155 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

IT was so lovely to sit at admiral suites, everything is around you, the place is calm and all you life needs are there. You will sure enjoy talking to the reception team they are always smiling and so friendly ,do never loose this chance to experience the country of thousand smiles at admiral suites. You need no more than admiral suites to enjoy Bangkok because it is connected to everywhere and not in a crowded area. TRY it and give your comment sure you will like it.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank melyaaf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
BOURENMOUTH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

My first journey to Thailand, and I had booked in at the Admiral Suites just of The Sukhumvit Road Soi 22 as a friend of mine stays here twice a yearand recomended it highly. I can say he surely didn't give it enough praise, immediately upon arrival here at the hotel I was welcomed in such a friendly way and the staff here are excellent. I came to Bangkok to visit a friend who lives here but I was left alone by my friend after just a few days to fend for myself, the people here are lovely and I soon made new friends and settled in quickly. One of the receptionists in particular a lady by the name of 'Kang' has been most helpful to me when I have had any problems, like my room key stopped working or I needed directions to places in BKK etc.....you get the picture !!! Next to the hotel at the front is the Parrot Cafe, I'm actually sat in the cafe now writting this,.... the staff here are also exceptional, delivering beautiful food, a friendly welcome and atmosphere, chatty and a true delight to be around aswell, the people here ...Sapanna, Yu, Aew, Boo, and Leam,Tree, Tim, Mam,Ton,Orn,Jeab, Boon, Mek, May, they all work as a remarkable cohesive team to provide this excellence, you can't find to often....this is a beautiful place and when I Return I will definately stay here again and visit my new friends here at the Admiral Suites, and at the Parrot Cafe........:D

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank DUDLEY F
Cairns
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

It's the people that that make the difference. Sure you've got clean rooms, hot water, good cafe, adequate pool (you can't put an Olympic sized pool on the roof of a small hotel people.....sheesh)...and lots of other stuff like the Gym....Laundry......Wifi....but without the great service and friendly smiles you got yourself a hotel but not a home away from home.

And the staff certainly make an effort to make you feel at home.

This is my second stay here in about 9 trips to Bkk and I see no reason to stay anywhere else.

So Kang, Nui, Kwan, Pat, Tree, Mam and everyone else....see you again soon.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Bicheno, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

First time in Bangkok to see a friends wedding in March this year, no idea what to expect. Booked on my makes recommendation for a 'value for money but nice' place to stay.
The price was actually excellent, so much so, I was worried the place would be a dump.
Not to worry, the staff were great and really friendly, I was given a free upgrade to a large room with queen bed, kitchen facilities, shower room and balcony, really nice and clean.
Stayed 6 days with no hassles, had to ask the cleaners not to clean my room one day (major hangover), that is how good the service was.
The breakfasts were in the cafe below (parrott cafe I recollect) which again excellent staff and whilst not the best breakfast in the world was good enough for me and got be set for the day, again for the price excellent.
Would definately stay there again.
2 small comments:
the air conditioning was a bit on the loud side and had to switch it off at night (I am a light sleeper) and the view from the balcony was a grubby backstreet, but hey, all in all, it aint a top notch 5 start place, but it is not meant to be, it is excellent quality and service at a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: As if they have a upgrade and they may let it for free
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Derby, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

Right; where to start with this one. The Admiral Suites (AS) is part of the same group, Compass, as the Adelphi Suites situated on Soi 8, a couple of miles or so down Sukhumvit Road, but a galaxy away in terms of quality (the website states it is 'situatued in the heart' of Sukhumvit Road, when it is in fact a few hundred yards further down Soi 22 from that thoroughfare). There the similarity ends; whilst the Adelphi is excellent in almost every respect (see my reviews to this effect) the AS is nothing of the kind. The AS also boasts a 3.5 star rating, although for the life of me I am at a loss to understand how it arrived at that, as I believe that it would struggle to make 3 stars at best. Here's why ...

When I checked in just over a week ago, I was busy unpacking my belongings and putting them away before my partner turned up after finishing work - we had both arranged some time off to spend a quality week together. I had also travelled to BKK at considerable personal expense to effect this. I opened a cupboard to find a towel there that had stains on it, and it was immediately clear that it has been there for some time, being crusty and with unidentifiable smears on it. I told the Reception who despatched a maid to remove the offending item; no apologies, nothing.

Further inspection of the room found no tea and coffee-making facilities, no shower cap as the hotel suggests it provided, no hair dryer, and nothing in the fridge except the complimentary bottled water. (Quote from AS website; 'Each suite comes FULLY equipped with the necessary amenities.') I had to ask twice for these items, but only the dryer and shower cap actually turned up. Again, no explanation or apology. The website also states that there are flat-screen TVs installed, which is simply not true as my room a 'superior Studio' - superior to what? - had what might best be described as a relatively obsolete box-type appliance.

Slight departure here as I'm getting browned off with negativities for a bit, so I'm going to try to be positive before re-acquainting myself with some of the more distasteful realities. The bed, as befits BKK hotel resting places, is fit for the many functions to which it will doubtless be subjected during its lifetime, be they gymnastic or otherwise. There's a nice cafe, the Parrot, next to the hotel which is pleasant enough - more on this, maybe, in another review. They also have a nice print of Turner's the 'Fighting Temeraire' in the lobby. Gosh.

Okay, here we go again: my partner was showering when the metal hose broke, so they sent a technician up to replace it (naturally, she was not in the shower at the time!). this he did, neglecting to tell us that the hose was so short so that if one wanted to shower, one would need to have the stature of a Hobbit to stand upright. Moreover, the shower is not walk-in, but a bathtub-style clamber-into with a flimsy and near-ineffectual shower curtain, and with a shower rose that, if inclined too acutely, sends the water literally cascading over the bottom end of the bathtub and all over the bathroom floor, presenting the bather with a flood of near biblical volume when disembarking naked and glistening from the tub. Pack your swimming gear, folks ..

As for the staff: well, they were not as attentive as the AS would have us believe, as they discharged their duties with variable efficiency, and can in no way be compared to the excellent Adelphi Suites people, for example. They could not change money into smaller denominations when I wanted to pay a taxi for example, do not offer a postcard- posting facility like every other BKK hotel I have stayed in, and the front desk Reception staff - the 'front line' and ambassadorial part of any hotel, seemed at times to be overly pre-occupied with personal exploration of the WWW on a second laptop, and which was clearly visible from the guest's side of the desk.

I also had to laugh at the website bit about the 'private balcony' and its 'unlimited fresh air from dawn to dusk', overlooking a coach parking lot! Ain't it amazing what the cunning use of the English language can do to present a 3rd rate institution (as I perceive it) as somewhere that offers 'immaculate luxury accommodations' and is a 'paradise getaway'. (Their words, not mine)?

Alright, I've had enough of this linany of problems and this hotel's literary jiggery-pokery. I need to get to work. I usually try to remain upbeat when doing reviews, but this one tests my powers of positivity to the utmost. Yes, I fully understand the economic logic of 'you get what you pay for', but this establishment does not remotely meet the claims it makes for itself, in my admittedly very subjective opinion. Needless to say I will not be staying there again. You decide by all means, it's your money after all.

Room Tip: Read TripAdvisor reviwes, and make sure that you read several to get a balanced view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank DoctorDarkeDerby
Hotel M, General Manager at Admiral Suites Bangkok by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear DoctorDarkeDerby,

On behalf of The Admiral Suite team, thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
We also disappointed to hear about your experience as it is not representative of the high service standards that we work hard to achieve at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointing experience you received.

Our management team and I have discussed and reviewed the details of this incident and will address the necessary training needs to avoid a recurrence in the future.

Please rest assured that your comments have not gone unnoticed. We hope we will have an opportunity to impress you favorably in the future.

cymro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

Had another great stay at the Admiral Suites, great value for money, great rooms and very helpful and professional staff. The Parrot Cafe is an excellent place for breakfast, so good we had several meals there.
I would have no hesitation in staying at the Admiral Suites next time in Bangkok.

Room Tip: The superior and deluxe rooms are great
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear jevs01,

Thank you for all kind words you have given us.

I especially appreciate to learn that your stay both trips with us were impressed with our professional staff . Here at Admiral Suites, it is our mission to provide a remarkable Thai Hospitality to our value clients.

Again, thank you so much. I greatly appreciate your generosity.

Victoria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the commencement of our holiday and after travelleing around returned to be greeted by "Welcome Back" from the friendly and helpful staff. The rooms were (218 and 211) were both VERY COMFORTABLE and were kept very clean by housekeeping. Location was excellent to Phom Prong BTS Station. The Parrot Cafe was a perfect venue to sit over a beer of Jack Daniels after a day of shopping/sightseeing. We both loved the Hotel/Serviced Apartments (we couldn't decide which they were as they combined the best of both). Highly Recommended

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear IamFossil,

Thank you very much for sharing a kind feedbacks regarding your stayed at Admiral Suites. We delight to hear that you were enjoyed your stay and satisfied with our accommodation, Parrot Restaurant and location. Thanks a lot for recommending us to other travelers on TripAdvisor website.

We would be more than happy to welcome you back here when you visit Bangkok next time. We look forward to have a chance to serve you again in the near future.