“The ultimate in luxury and prestige - Yes indeed!”

President Solitaire
Ranked #390 of 868 Hotels in Bangkok
Kanchanaburi, Thailand
“The ultimate in luxury and prestige - Yes indeed!”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

My wife and I are living in Thailand, near Kanchanaburi. We visit Bangkok on a regular basis and stayed at various fine hotels in Bangkok, prior to coming across the President Solitaire Hotel, in the Sukhumvit area, at the end of Soi 11, through word-of-mouth from one of our friends.
This boutique-style hotel far exceeded our initial expectations with superb rooms (which in reality are roomy suites (!)), no package tours, no conventions etc. This hotel is a true oasis of privacy and luxury. Five star service all the way. During our many subsequent visits several of the hotel employees have now almost become family members!
The General Manager Mr. Affendy has a no-nonsense, hands-on managerial style and his entire staff is totally dedicated to professional performance all the time, thus jointly successfully delivering the hotel’s advertising promise: the ultimate in luxury and prestige!
In terms of price/performance (or value for money) the President Solitaire ranks second to none in the Sukhumvit area. There is only one problem, this hotel is so much in demand that it is fully booked most of the time; ergo a timely reservation is strongly advised.
Why this “rave” review? Simply because it has been overdue for a long time!

R.P. van Heusden

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
GMPS, General Manager at President Solitaire, responded to this review, October 27, 2010
Good afternoon Pujai,

Thank you for staying at the President Solitaire. I hope that you would return in the near future and email me if I can assist you in any way.

gm@presidentsolitaire.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Duesseldorf
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Staying five times at this hotel: quality of food, service and room comfort on a stable high level. Location is good to start business trips in Bangkok or troughout Thailand or start sight seeing tours in and around Bangkok. Nice little pool and exercise room. Friendly staff. Quiet location. Nice bars within convenient walking distance. Very nice spa related to the hotel next door.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Good afternoon tomgutti007,

Amsterdam
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We got a great deal for the 74 square metres "one bedroom suite" (including breakfast).

We immediately loved the suite. It featured the following rooms: entry with lots of storage space to hang all the clothes we bought in Bangkok. Then the bedroom, featuring a really big bed, nice and comfortable. Then a separate living room with a sofa and a desk, a small kitchen and of course the bathroom with jacuzzi! Jacuzzi was just big enough to accomodate the two of us.

Cons were: they advertised an extended check-out time of 4 P.M., however on our last day we were told to leave by 2 P.M.. This was not a really big deal, because afterwards we could store our luggage at the bellhop free of charge, however still noteworthy. Also, one needs to be pro-active at the breakfast because service in the restaurant was sloppy at times (the staff repeatedly forgot our orders for coffee and omelettes). Of course, still minor issues in the grand scheme of things.

All in all, we look forward to staying here again, and definitely recommend this hotel in central Bangkok. Oh yeah, almost forgot the free tuktuk service to the BTS Skytrain and nearby shops, which we used many times!

Good afternoon TerryWrist,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Just came back from a weekend at the Solitaire. Had been keeping track of the reviews and manager responses (keep it up!), decided to give it a shot. Great decision. Rooms are elegant and clean. Staff is friendly and food is good. The price is also just right.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Good afternoon drew4u99,

Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Very friendly and professional staff. Offered free upgrade without even asking. Would consider to stay again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
GMPS, General Manager at President Solitaire, responded to this review, October 17, 2010
Good afternoon Skolot,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Hello Mr Theera ,

It was a pleasure having stayed in your hotel during the Bangkok exhibition . I would be seeing you soon during the February show .
I really appreciate the service of your hotel and the hospitality extended by your goodself and staff . Do update me with your promotions as I look forward to seeing you again .

Best regards ,

Neeraj

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Good afternoon asdf304554,

Muscat Governorate, Oman
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Rooms were of good size and were clean. Although you might want to note that
!) housekeeping staff wont change your soaps coffees etc regularly, On occasions I had to call to get them changed. One day I noticed that they had put the same old used soap which was earlier lying on the floor back on the soap stand- By now I have stayed in hundereds of hotels but this was the first time where 4 * or 5* was getting cheap on this stuff.
!)One day I called shuttle service from nana station and after waiting for 20 mins I walked to the hotel, on my way I didn't see any tuk tuk but was told that there was traffic..which wasn't the case because I spotted the tuk tuk neat the hotel..and when I confronted the person on duty..a concierge staff manager..spoke on his behalf Which I believe should not be the policy and I right away pointed this to him..but....
!) hotel is not as close to nana as it seems...it is fair distance..would say atleast 10 min's..walk n i have noticed there were quite a few hotels on the way to this hotel as well. so if u can find something with the same value somewhere closer then why not.
Otherwise the hotel was comfortable to stay.. I liked it. Although I believe hotel management needs to change its policies a little bit or if they already have policies in place then they should implement them so that there customers could feel even better

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank shiv1Melbourne
GMPS, General Manager at President Solitaire, responded to this review, September 28, 2010
Good morning Shirlmelbourne,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear of your difficulties with our housekeeping and concierge. I have brought the matter up with the person concern.

Yes sometime we do have traffic issues especially at the corner of Chili Culture restaurant,traffic can be bad you can wait around 30 minutes before anything moves.

I am very sorry that the housekeeping did not change the soap daily, as per our practice we won't be changing unless the guest request for it.

I hope you would come back again and email me if you need my assistance.

Affendy B Ismail