“o.k.”

Ranked #385 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Phuket, Thailand
“o.k.”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I was expecting a little bit more "up to date" room, amenities and furnishings wise. It's quite old and not as modern as it appears on the web site photos. Be aware that there are a number of "President" named properties on this soi.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HM_Solitaire, General Manager at President Solitaire, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Mark W,

Warm greeting from President Solitaire Hotel.

First of all, I would like to thank you for your posted review in Tripadvisor toward your recently stay feedback with our property in February 2014.

Myself and Management Team would like to say apologize that our property don't meet with your expectation. We are understand about your preference when you select the hotel to stay and our property's characteristic don't meet with this point.

Actually, there are the other properties in our Kingston Holding Portfolio that locate in Sukhumvit Soi 11, Soi 15 and Soi 24. There are comprises with Grand President, President Palace Hotel, Royal President, Kingston Suites Hotel and President Park Hotel. Those are different in term of ambient and property's unique character. If President Solitaire Hotel can't deliver. Then I hope that other property can be your optional and meet with your preference. You may can visit our website and searching for details of each property.

Lastly, we still hope that we can have a chance to welcome you back to stay with us again in near future. At lease to let's us have a chance to enable us to restore your confident in our services.

President Solitaire Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The President Solitaire is a comfortable hotel with big, comfortable rooms. The rooms have wonderful wood floors, large bathrooms, comfortable big beds, and large flat screen TVs. It is just off all the noise and traffic of Sukhumvit soi 11, and because it is not on soi 11, it is very quiet at night. I never had a problem sleeping. It is also good to be near soi 11 because there are many restaurants and bars you can frequent if should want to. There is a free shuttle service to the Nana skytrain stop, so you can get around the city easily and quickly. It's a good hotel for families or single people. The breakfasts, although not great, are fine with more than enough to eat and drink. The staff is helpful and polite, and there is a tour service right in the hotel to arrange day trips or more. The rooms are kept clean by a good, friendly cleaning staff. I would certainly stay there again on my trips to Bangkok.

Room Tip: The higher the rooms, the better the view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HM_Solitaire, General Manager at President Solitaire, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Michael 3414,

Warm greeting from President Solitaire Hotel.

Myself and management Team would like to thank you for your keep coming back to stay with us. And we always recognize about your support by positive review in Tripadvisor. We are delighted to have a chance to welcome you again in recently trip in February 2014 after the previously back in April 2013.

Yes, you are correct that our location is a unique point of this property. I like your headline that you named " Relaxing Hotel Amid the Chaos ". This is a best describe to our property. The plus point is now we are try to keep improving for service and facilities. We hope this will make you more enjoyable for your next stay with us.

If there are any opportunity, please lets us have a chance to welcome you again at President Solitaire Hotel in soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have been stay here for 2 nights for my business trip in Bangkok.

I would like to say thank you to friendly staff especially housekeeper to done well job on cleenliness to my room and bed. The room is completely convenience with large and comfort bed, soft sofa, working desk, mini kitchen, iron pad&iron, etc. these all inroom facilities just made me feel I am home.

The location just a bit walk nd link you to every where you like, Robinson shopping mall, Terminal 21, BTS NaNa, MRT (subway) Sukumvit. A lot of choice of restaurants and bars including massage place.

I would like to recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank ChompooCM
HM_Solitaire, General Manager at President Solitaire, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear ChompooCM,

Warm greeting from President Solitaire Hotel.

Myself and Management Team at President Solitaire Hotel would like to thank you for your appreciation about your recently stay at our property. Thank you for your positive in Tripadvisor. Com. We are delighted to learn about your pleasant stay and your recognition about performance of our Housekeeping Department.

Yes, our location is tuck away in the famous Sukhumvit Soi 11 which is consider surrounded by many entertaining. But yet we are offer private and serene atmosphere to all those guests. And is still easy access to major landmark and shopping complex of Bangkok via MRT and Skytrain.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to President Solitaire Hotel again in near future. if there are anything, please feel free to contact us.

South Pasadena, CA
Reviewed February 19, 2014

President Solitaire

I stayed four nights at President Solitaire in February 2014. This was my first time at the President Solitaire but I stayed many weeks in their sister hotels the Grand President and the Royal President.

The President Solitaire is on Soi 11 of Sukhumvit Road, about half a kilometer from the main road. The hotel advertizes that a tuk-tuk shuttle goes every 30 minutes to the main road but what is not stated is that there is no return ride. One either has to hoof it, or take a metered taxi or a tuk-tuk.

The President Solitaire is just about as fine as a hotel can be. In my room there was a king-size bed, extremely comfortable with a thick quilt. I adjusted the cooling with air flow control. There is a full-size refrigerator/freezer, two hot plates and a microwave. Dishes, flatware, pots and pans are there. I only wishes for a corkscrew or bottle opener. There are coffee and tea supplies. There is a deep tub and a separate shower. The towels are thick and fuffthy. Wi-fi is included. The in-room safe is the size of a carry-on bag. The large flat-screen TV has scores of international channels.

The staff is unfailingly cooperative. I arrived at 2 am after 20 hours of travelling and was received efficiently. When I checked out, the staff anticipated my need for a taxi, summoned one and arranged the tariff, 400 bahts which is what I paid from the airport.

Breakfast is included. There were about 10 hot trays with various meats and vegetables. They cook bacon the British way. There was chicken sausages and chicken ham (cold cut). The highlight was the omelette/fried egg station. They even bring the product to your table. Of course there are the usual cereals, yogurt, juices, etc.

The gym has a couple of treadmills, free weights and several resistance machines, and in my opinion not enough. I did not use the pool.

I have been in Bangkok like 50 times so I know my way around and the President Solitaire was located within easy access of the MTR and the SkyTrain. Soi 11 has a number of new hotels, lots of bars and restaurants. What I noticed on this trip was the abundance of laundry by the kilogram, a rarity just five years ago. Just across the street from the President Solitaire is a place that charged 100 bahts per kilo.

I was very satisfied with my stay at the President Solitaire and will return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear WWLL,

Greeting from President Solitaire Hotel.

First of all, I would like to say thank you for your continuous support Kingston Holdings Group with many of our sisters properties that you were stay in the past. This time is President Solitaire Hotel recently. Myself and Management Team at this property are delighted to learn about your appreciation and pleasant stay with us. Thank you for your convey positive review in Tripadvisor. This is very details description in each of every unit of services in our property.

Yes, our location is the key prime area of downtown Bangkok in Sukhumvit Road. The unique of our property's location is tuck away in the Soi 11 which is consider happening location with many entertainment and pubs. We are offer private and serene atmosphere for all those guests rather than other properties. But yet still can be easy to reach to major landmark and famous shopping complex of Bangkok by both MRT and Skytrain. Also, we are noted about how you like our bacon cooking style. And our service that we are now striving to develop to offer to our guests.

We are keep looking forward to welcome you back to President Solitaire Hotel again in near future. if there are anything, please feel free to contact us.

Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,026 helpful votes
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I booked a suite which was about USD 20 more pre night. The standard rooms are plenty big at about 50 meters.

I really did not use the sitting area / work desk / kitchen area so it was a waste for me.

The bed was very comfortable.

The shower was good but not great when it came to water pressure or hot water.

I did not use the bath tub but it looked nice.

The room cleaning staff was very professional and quick.

I would return again but only to a standard room.

The breakfast was nothing special. The selection was minimal but the quality was fine. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank arizonaac
HM_Solitaire, General Manager at President Solitaire, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Arizonaac,

Warm greeting from President Solitaire Hotel.

I would like to thank you for your selected to stay at our property back in February 2014. Also with your positive review about our property via Tripadvisor.com

You are correct that our room is large Suite Room because lead in category that available in the website is start from Premier Suite Room Type which is 50 sqm. We hope that with this room type is fit with your requirement for your next stay.

And we are noted about the pressure level of hot water in the bathroom for our development in this area. And the number of items in Buffet Breakfast line spreading which is now we are on developing about this area for guest more enjoyment with our breakfast service.

Myself and Management Team are looking forward to have a chance to welcome you back to President Solitaire Hotel in near future. If there are any planning of your stay. Please feel free to contact us.

Peeraphol Jittiboonraun
Shanghai, China
Reviewed February 7, 2014

The hotel is very bad dirty and very old. The location is good but better to take the mansion near is more clean. Only one towel in the room and every things look like 2 start maximum. the room is big but not for enjoy a good stay. we will not back there. The breakfast is not the best we tried for this kind of hotel we expect more.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HM_Solitaire, General Manager at President Solitaire, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Catxing,

Warm greeting from President Solitaire Hotel. I hope this message are fine you well.

Thank you for your selected to stay at our property and your review in Tripadvisor.Com. Myself and Management Team would like to apologize to learn about your stay with unpleasant experience. We will take develop in our service for set-up of towel to adequate with the guest requirement. And improving for breakfast quality to meet with guest satisfaction. We will take those constructive feed back to make us improving in our guest service area.

Lastly, we hope to have another chance to welcome you back to stay at President Solitaire Hotel again.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 30, 2014

The location of this hotel might confuse you in the beginning but once you get a hang of the roads of bangkok, you realise that this property is at the heart of the city. The rooms are pretty nice, the staff is very courteous and extremely helpful especially if you want to catch a taxi or find places to visit. The breakfast was also very nice.

One can find all the happening night spots near this locality and also a 10 min walk to the nearest metro station. Would recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vidyutp
HM_Solitaire, General Manager at President Solitaire, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Vidyutp,

Warm greeting from President Solitaire Hotel.

I would like to thank you for your feed back about your recently stay via Tripadvisor.com. We are appreciated for your positive comments and how you like us. We will keep to develop in our property and service to deliver for your next stay with us again.

In term of location, yes its true that our property are locate quite away from crowded Sukhumvit Soi 11 because its in the end of Soi 11. Anyhow, this feature will give you more privacy atmosphere. And the same time our location is easy access to many happening places in Sukhumvit Soi 11. Also, we are provide Shuttle Tuk Tuk to major tourist attraction ie : Sky Train Station, Terminal 21 Shopping Mall and Bamrungrad Hospital.

If there are any opportunity, I hope President Solitaire Hotel can be have a chance to welcome you back again in near future.

Your sincerely,