“Better than I thought”

Ranked #374 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
mumbai
“Better than I thought”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

When I read the reviews of this hotel, I was a little apprehensive. However, upon staying there for 4 nights I must say that I had no complaints.
Huge rooms. Four poster beds. Massive bathrooms with jacuzzi facility in the tub. I never used it so cannot comment on that. The finishing of the tub could be better and the toiletries could be a bit better. But I am being particular here, maybe too particular. Actually I had no complaints and my stay was comfortable. Did it wow me? Maybe not.
One nice thing is the day I was leaving a Starbucks was just opening down the road. There is no shortage of Starbucks in Bangkok but one down the road is always welcome.
Right before Starbucks on this road, is another bakery. Very nice. Very good coffee too,
Now coming to the most important question, would I stay there again? I would.
But I would also check other options. So that's where it falls in my priorities.
Very good but not one of the best.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kainaz22
HM_Solitaire, Manager at President Solitaire, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Mr. Kaizaz 22,

Greeting from President Solitaire Hotel.

I would like to thank you for your recently stay with our property back in September 2013. I hope you were have a pleasant stay. Also, thank you for your comment and sharing your feedback about your stay. We will keep improvement for the draining in the tub as per your advised.

If there are any opportunity, we would like to have a chance to welcome you back to President Solitaire Hotel again. please feel free to contact us if there are anything we can assist you in near future.

President Solitaire Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Uga, Spain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Lovely staff but that does not correct for the terrible shape the air conditioning is in. It was blowing warm air, desk staff offered and I looked at another room which was just as bad, finally the next day spoke to a different person and was upgraded to another room. The upgraded room came witn a jacuzzi bathtup and seperate dining/lounge room. The air con in the bedroom was ok but in the other room was terrible so was forced to keep doors closed to trap the aircon where I needed it.

The beds are super comfortable and all standard amenities are provided in room.

Breakfast could be better presented as it doesnt look very appetizing. Although the chef making omeletes to order delivers a tasty and well presented dish.

Location of the hotel is conventient to local dinning and they supply a shuttle service every half hour to the main BTS station. Its a bit anoying having to sit in the lobby looking at the shuttle in the driveway motionless and being told to wait another 15 minutes until the half hour mark. They should do as many other local hotels do - provide it when you need it.

Check in was easy and staff spoke good english. Wifi is free but in some locations was slow, fastest speed was in the lobby.

The hotel manager was seen contiually throughout the day taking a hands on leadership role with his team, he continued to enquire as to my satisfaction with the hotel ensuring I was comfortable. A professional approach which I cant speak highly enough. Thankyou Sir.

Overall the property is old/tired and needs renovation and repair. I was expecting more for the money. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Insist on air con that works very well.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank whitepointer
HM_Solitaire, Manager at President Solitaire, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Mr. Whitepointer,

I would like to thank you for your constructive feedback about your recently staying experience at our property.

We are noted about the Air Conditioning System in the building is not cool. Please note that the Management Team now are try to correct about this problem. Also, we will keep develop for the items in the Buffet Breakfast at The Dining Room. And Tuk Tuk Service to respond according to your enquiry.

I hope that President Solitaire Hotel can have a chance to welcome you back again in near future. We would like to show our improving and restore your confident in our service team.

President Solitaire Hotel.
Dubai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

The room was massive 85 sq. metres, however very dated as was the whole building basically its seen better days. Check-in was poor the staff seemed un interested with you as a customer.
The pool area was functional, however to order anything you had to relay on a phone which at times was slow.
Breakfast was very ok bit geared to the Asian markets. The hotel bar was non existing, however lounges were fine.
Location was the highlight of this establishment on soi 11 everything is there at your doorstop.
7/11 one minute away with a laundry next to it ( significantly cheaper that the hotel).
Summary cheap and cheerful with great location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Stephen A
HM_Solitaire, Manager at President Solitaire, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Mr. Steve A,

Greeting from President Solitaire Hotel.

I would like to thank you for your constructive feed back about your experience of your recently stay with us. This is a good feed back and we will keep striving to improve our service of our team. And refer to your comment about Lobby Bar at the hotel. Actually, we have a service of Lobby Lounge and now our Happy Hour Promotion at Lobby Lounge are during 15:00 - 21:00 hrs daily. Also, we are now have a project for change some guest facility in the hotel as well.

Mr. Steve A, if there are any chance, I would like to welcome you back to President Solitaire Hotel again to prove our better service. If there are any chance, please feel free to contact us.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Hotel is located in very good spot, close to all the activities. I booked Premier Suite, but got a free upgrade to Penthouse Suite when I checked in. Penthouse Suite is huge and great views of Bangkok from the tall/wide windows. For the price the Hotel is excellent, for the same price we will get only a small room in most star hotel's. Bathroom facilities are not great, just average. Staff is great, very friendly, breakfast is good. This is the second time I stayed in this Hotel, will definitely stay again. Overall Great Location and very good value for the Money.

Room Tip: Penthouse Suite Best Views & very spacious.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
HM_Solitaire, Manager at President Solitaire, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Karthik810,

Warm greeting from President Solitaire Hotel.

Thank you for selected to stay with us in October 2013. We are delight to learned that you were have a pleasant stay with us. We are looking forward to welcome you back to our property for your forthcoming stay in soon. If there are anything, please feel free to contact us.

Dhaka
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my wife and daughter from 13 September 13 for three nights. I booked a suite and it was spacious enough. We could see the Bangkok skyline from the wide windows of the living room. Staffs were all together nice and polite, ready to help. But all the furniture are old fashioned and require to be refurbished soon. What I guess is that the hotel management is struggling to save money... By location its calm and quite which is rare in Sukhumvit area. For family stay in spacious rooms and for value of money this hotel is alright. But if you want lavish , modern amenities then may be not...

Room Tip: If you book through Agoda then try to get a suite and its relatively cheaper...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shahid_11
HM_Solitaire, Manager at President Solitaire, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Shahid_11,

On behalf of President Solitaire Hotel Team. I would like to say thank you for your selected to stay with us during Sept.13 - 16, 2013. We are delighted to learn that you were enjoy your stay. And thank you for your constructive feedback about the conditions of furniture. We are now on process to develop the furniture and facilities.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to President Solitaire Hotel again in near future.

Best regards,

Bhimavaram, Andhra Pradesh, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We went for holiday trip to bangkok from 30th sep to 02nd oct'13. The hotel is in prime location and facilities required for visitors are very much available with in vicinity of 2 kms.the hospitality is really good. The ambiance & maintenance of the room is fantastic. the service provided by hotel staff is appreciable. Overall we can say we enjoyed the stay when we visit next time we plan to stay in the same room. the life at bangkok starts after 6pm for travelers who visit bangkok for relaxation. but keep dollors (new) r thai bhats rupee wont work there.

Room Tip: choose rooms on top floor u can have good view of the city
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
HM_Solitaire, Manager at President Solitaire, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear YSSRM,

On behalf of President Solitaire Hotel Team. I would like to say thank you for your selected to stay with us during Sept.30 - Oct.2, 2013. We are delighted to learn that you were enjoy your stay. And we are looking forward to welcome you back to President Solitaire Hotel again in near future.

Best regards,

Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Booked this hotel as a last minute deal through Expedia. Hotel smells very bad. Showers in rooms mouldy (we asked to be moved as first room was bad, second room no better). No hot water, shower recess flooded and water would not drain properly. Towels very old and stained and men's hair in sink. Rooms not clean. Wifi did not work. Hotel furnished with old and worn furniture and carpet on main staircase dirty. In fact whole hotel needs a lot of work. Hotel so bad we paid for three nights and only stayed one. Breakfast very average. How this hotel rates 4 and half stars I don't know. Photos on website misleading. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.

Room Tip: Read reviews before booking as other guest feedback can be a good indicator of the quality and servi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sue B
Compass H, Manager at President Solitaire, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Sue B,

Thank you for sharing with us your feedback regarding your recent stay.

We are truly regretful of the number of incidents that you have encountered during your stay. We assure you that we only want what is best for our guests, and the state of the room, bathroom, wifi, and the smell which you have mentioned are not of President Solitaire's standards.

We have taken your comments raised very seriously and do our best to look into the short comings you experienced to ensure immediate improvement are made.

Best Regards,