“Great place to stay in BKK” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of President Solitaire

President Solitaire
Ranked #373 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
“Great place to stay in BKK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

My family used the hotel on 2 occasions during our recent holiday in Thailand. On both occasions we where we'll treated by the Hotel staff and our rooms where spacious, clean and very comfortable.

The breakfast offer was very good and we enjoyed dining at the hotel during Songkran so we didn't get soaked any more!!

Location is perfect just set back from the main Sukhumvit Rd and only a short drive to the airport.

Already planning our return to the kingdom and this hotel will be in our next itinary.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kennedy K, General Manager at President Solitaire, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from Team President Solitaire!

On behalf of all my staff, I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback through TripAdvisor. And we are most grateful that you had a wonderful stay with us. We take pride of our friendly and helpful staff who are always on hand to assist every guest.

On your next visit to Bangkok, we do hope to welcome you back to our hotel.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,
Kennedy Kapulong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Newmarket, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

Last week I stayed at the President Solitaire for four days and absolutely enjoyed every moment. My apartment type was a platinum suite complete with an excellent two seater jacuzzi tub. The suite/apartment was both spacious and clean with a very comfortable bed and bed linen. All the usual appliances were available in the kitchenette area and the safe deposit box was both easy to operate and of a decent size.
Every staff member I came into contact with at this establishment was polite, courteous and always ready and willing to offer me assistance in what ever way they could like the time I noticed the bathroom did not have a toilet douche hose which these days I find quite essential. I mentioned this to reception and next day the maintenance department had one fitted...I was of course both impressed and delighted.
Only one aspect was slightly annoying and that was having the shower in the jacuzzi tub as opposed to a separate walk in high pressure facility however, that would not necessarily put me off booking a platinum suite again because the jacuzzi had plenty of use.
Breakfast was of the buffet type with both western and eastern choices of cuisine and a chef on standby cooking your eggs and omelette to order.
The swimming pool and sun lounge area was also very acceptable.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Trexmid
Dear Trexmid,

Good day!

We are most grateful to you for sharing your most recent experience with us. And my team will be happy to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. Your comments will be useful to other travellers who are looking for alternative accommodations in Bangkok.

We hope that you will continue to support our hotel and we all look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Rancho Mirage, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

President Solitaire is a great hotel, good location and friendly staff. We had a huge room with a kitchen, microwave and stove. Big bathroom with fluffy towels and nice robes. The buffet breakfast was also excellent with lots of choices both hot and cold. They used their little tuktuk to get us closer to the skytrain and picked us up again when we got back. They also took us to a tailor when we asked to find a good one. Items in the fridge were reasonably priced as was the room service menu. Pool was nice and the rate was great. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Corner room was big and sunlit
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DKD93
Kennedy K, General Manager at President Solitaire, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Dear DKD93,

Thank you for posting your review about your most recent stay at President Solitaire.
We are glad you had a wonderful stay, and satisfied with our services.

Our rooms are relartively larger than other hotels in the area. The rooms are also equipped with small kitchen, cutleries and kitchen utensils, full-size fridge, and small dining area. Our tuktuk can drop off and pick up guests within the vicinity (shopping centers, skytrain & subway stations, bars, restaurants, hospital).

On your next visit to Bangkok, we look forward to welcoming you back again to our hotel.
Thank you for your support.

Kindest regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

Very good service!!!!!:)

Very hot outside at this time.

Inside there are aircondition all over:)

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank biljard
Kennedy K, General Manager at President Solitaire, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from President Solitaire!

Thank you for your comments. Indeed the weather in Thailand at this period is very hot. And just recently we have finished upgrading our air-conditioning system that affects guest rooms and public areas.

We hope to see you again very soon!

Happy Songkran (Thai New Year)!

Regards,
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights in April 2012 with my partner. The location is excellent: close enough to the hustle and bustle of Soi 11, but far enough away to be quiet.

First impressions of the lobby are not great: the place is maybe 20 years old and is in need of a facelift. Still, the front desk staff were courteous, efficient and friendly.

Up to the 8th floor in a funny little creaky lift - could not fit more than about 4 people. Out into a hallway with very low ceilings (I am 6'2" tall in there was only 2" to spare in places) and into out room. The room was HUGE - lovely kind size bed, huge 42" TV, polished wood floors, full sized fridge and kitchenette. Nice big bathroom with 2 sinks - very happy with the room.

We checked the literature in the room and a booklet said we were members of the President Executive Club, which gave us free sodas every day, a free massage, fruit basket, daily newspaper, 4pm checkout and several other benefits. I called the front desk and they confirmed that we were indeed Club members so we were delighted.

Over the next few days there were no newspapers, no fruit, no soda refills and so most mornings after breakfast we gave a list of the missing items to the front desk. After a few mornings we gave up. On the final day the front desk called the room twice to ask us to checkout - both times we said no, we will checkout at 4pm as per the Club deal. We checked out and were presented with a bill for another half days' stay, and for sodas consumed. I challenged this, the duty manager was called (a young Thai man, around 25 years old) and the conversation quickly disintegrated into an argument over what had been promised, by whom and whether we had anything in writing to justify our position. Eventually my partner managed to calm him down - it seems that we had been upgraded to a higher class of room but were not entitled to the benefits. Anyway it was settled, but the young manager seemed annoyed with us - a great shame.

Anyway back to the rest of the stay. We had several issues with the room (shower door about to fall off the wall, shower seal missing and leaking aircon - but all of these were fixed promptly.

Breakfast was good - a small selection but changed daily. The restaurant manager merits a special mention: extremely helpful and friendly - went out of her way to give us information. The room service was also very good and well priced.

The pool was smaller than the baby wading pool at the condo back home so we didn't bother.

Room Tip: Check whether the new Holiday Inn building site at the front right of the hotel has started work - a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dbenne22
Dear dbenne22,

Warm greetings from President Solitaire!

Thank you for posting your feedback through TripAdvisor. We appreciate guest comments and take them as measurements of performance and also room for improvements.

We have investigated on the matter that you mentioned, about the Solitaire lub Floor benefits. I believe you were informed upon arrival that the room was upgraded and does not include the benefits. However, when you called back to re-confirm you were told otherwise. And this caused the confusion and inconvenience on your part. With this I sincerely apologize on behalf of my team. I offer no excuse and have already sent out a strong message to the team about this case.

We do hope you will give us another chance to be of service to you again. And next time, we shall be more detailed and cautious. Please feel free to contact me if you have any concerns or requirements and I shall look into them personally.

Thank you.

Cairns
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights with my husband and son. All the staff were excellent - reception, concierge and even a free Tuk Tuk service polite, smiley and could not do enough for us. We received a free upgrade to the Penthouse suite and our room was enormous. It had a huge spa bath and a outdoor balcony. The air-con was fierce and provided a great retreat from the Bangkok humidity. Internt was good from our room on the 14th floor. The good was a bit daed but still very useable and the pool small but hardly used if you felt like relaxing. I would definitely use it again

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. We had the penthouse room 1414
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank maggiedamian
Dear maggiedamian,

Greetings from President Solitaire!

On behalf of my team, thank you for sharing your feedback about your most recent stay with us. Thank yo for commending the warm, friendly service of the Concierge and Front Desk teams. I shall forward your comments to them and they will surely be delighted to know that you are satisfied with their service.

Our rooms are relatively larger than usual hotel rooms, plus they are equipped with small kitchen, microwave oven, hot plate, full-size refrigerator, and small dining area. We also provide free tuktuk shuttle service to nearby areas (skytrain, subway stations, shopping centers, and hospital).

On your next visit to Bangkok we do hope to welcome you back to President Solitaire!

Thank you and Happy Songkran (Thai New Year)!

india
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

I have visited Bangkok11 times between 2010/2012.I have always stayed at President Solitaire,and for the room rate I feel that this hotel is a great deal.The rooms are spacious and the bathroom modern and clean.The staff always have a smile on their face and I have always found them to be courteous.I love this hotel.

I am going to be staying with them this month from the 17th.

The only issue I have is that I always arrive by 5:30AM.The hotel should try its best to get us a room as soon as possible.Also for corporate clients like myself it would go a long way if some refreshments were provided on arrival and a later check out than 2pm.

Otherwise good job President Solitaire.

Room Tip: I like the Solitaire Suite.Large and seperate area to relax.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jaanemanIndia
Dear jaanemanIndia,

Good day!

Thank you for posting your feedback through TripAdvisor. Your comments will be useful to travellers around the world looking for alternative accommodation in Bangkok.

We have taken note of your requests on your upcoming stay with us.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to our doors. Thank you for your continued support.

See you very soon!
Happy Songkran (Thai New Year)!

Warm regards,