I've seen this hotel many times from the tollway en route to Suvarnabhumi Airport and always thought its name was a bit extravagant. Now, on my fifth and last night here, I can say that it is actually very good indeed, though the laws of nature have not been suspended during my stay.
The rooms are large and comfortable with a good sized bathroom. The doors to the room itself and to the bathroom are set an angle to the right angles of the room, so there's a feel of an interesting and unusual space for a hotel room. The breakfast and dinner buffets are varied, sumptuous even, and almost everything is really delicious. For the dinner buffet, there's a wide variety of cuisines, including sushi, authentic Thai food, freshly cooked seafood, salads, splendid meat like tender green pepper steak, barbecued duck and pork in garlic and pepper, with a changing selection every evening. There's lots of fruit and quite decent cheese and a huge number of delicious desserts, usually including two kinds of excellent ice cream. The dinner buffet is just over GBP11 or about UDS18 - terrific value. There's also an interesting a la carte menu, which I didn't try, because the buffet was so wonderful.
The staff are approachable, efficient, helpful and friendly and the general ambience is attractive and welcoming. For a big hotel with several hundred rooms, this is all quite an achievement. It is not a super luxury hotel at all, but it is, nevertheless, first class. I didn't get round to using the 6th floor swimming pool, but even having that available is a pleasure.
It's a good distance from downtown and the entertainment of the City but a taxi ride would get you there reasonably quickly in the evenings (I wouldn't want to risk it during the day). But if you're on business (as I am) and have transport laid on to get you wherever you are going, then this is a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Miracle Grand Convention Hotel. Here everything is done to optimize good fortune, from the style of the building to the choice of address. Step into a hotel that is a modern palace. The gilded walls glow like the reflection of the morning sun. Where highly trained staff awaits to bathe you in true Thai hospitality and service.The Hotels is located at the northern center of Bangkok with easy access to Muang Tong Thani (Impact Arena), Don Muang Airport for Domestic flight and only a short trip to BTS Station and 1/2 hour by Hotels shuttle to Down town, its perfect for sight seeing to the northern provinces such as Ayuthaya, Sukhothai, Lopburi and Kao Yai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, ACCOR, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Miracle Grand Convention Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miracle Grand Hotel Bangkok
- Miracle Grand Convention Bangkok
- Hotel Miracle Grand Convention